• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Majora's Mask Final Battle

I just finished Majora's Mask for the first time yesterday, and I must say I was a little disappointed in the final battle against Majora. Anybody else feel this way? I suppose it did fit the creepy and dark mood of the game, but I was just expecting something a little more epic after OoT's final battle against Ganon.

Not only did it lack that epic feel for me, but I also found it to be pretty easy. I beat it on my first try whereas OoT took me 4-5 tries (it took me a little bit to get Ganon figured out and I was stuck without very many items). Of course, once you get Ganon figured out, he's very easy, but still has tons of epicness due to the music and enviornment.

Thoughts?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Might be, might not be. Depends on your definition of "epic". I take it as climatic, which can vary in many ways, depending on how it fits within the overall flow of the atmosphere.

Since pretty much the whole game was supposed to have a psychological isolation vibe to it, I'd say the creepy music and dreamy, confusing and senseless build-up to Majora's battle was pretty exhausting (in a good way, though). I still remember my knees shaking a lot when I first faced that... ah, gotta love nightmare fuel. Not to mention how the music changed on each phase along with it's shape, going from nerve-wreckingly creepy and somewhat suspenseful to just chaotic.

Not the same kind of atmosphere Ganon's battle tried to bring to the table but yeah, I guess I see what you mean.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I agree with you that after all the dark events in the game, the final boss fight didn't feel dark enough, as the room and the boss itself have bright, vivid colors, and the music isn't that dark at all. But as for the boss fight itself, I didn't think it was that bad at all.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The final boss was chaotic above all else, which was the point. Majora is not a methodical, ambitious creature; it's simply chaos. It wasn't really fighting, it was playing. Epic? Maybe not. But very much climactic, thematic, and fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom