• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Majora's Mask DLC - What Do You Expect from It?

I think it was pretty obvious who the costumes were for, except for the Skull Kid costume. I originally thought it was Link.

Apparently there will be another update release alongside the Majora's Mask Pack. Max levels will once again be raised, new potions and medals as well as new weapon skills this time round. There's going to be a change to the smithy too where you can check the forged weapon outcome before going ahead with it and even the ability to remove skills which will be quite handy. There's also slight changes to the Adventure mode where you can see how much damage you've taken and restart a mission without having to go back to the adventure map. Pretty interesting changes in this update, especially the smithy changes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=972980

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I knew that Lana was going to wear Skull Kid's outfit. It's obvious if you look at the shadow's body proportions.

I think it was pretty obvious who the costumes were for, except for the Skull Kid costume. I originally thought it was Link.

Apparently there will be another update release alongside the Majora's Mask Pack. Max levels will once again be raised, new potions and medals as well as new weapon skills this time round. There's going to be a change to the smithy too where you can check the forged weapon outcome before going ahead with it and even the ability to remove skills which will be quite handy. There's also slight changes to the Adventure mode where you can see how much damage you've taken and restart a mission without having to go back to the adventure map. Pretty interesting changes in this update, especially the smithy changes.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=972980
I'll copy/paste the patch notes people think will come.

• Raised max level for characters.
  • New potions.
  • Even more new medals.
  • New weapon skill(s)?
  • Smithy improved, adding several new options - "Delete Skill", "Check skills (before crafting)", and add "Sale weapons"
  • More information available during Adventure Mode
  • Total damage is visible, and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map.

And here are my opinions on the assumed patch notes
  • Higher max level I assume means harder maps for Terminia. I hope not. Farming to Level 200 with a specific character just for one stupidly hard stage would not be so fair. I'd ratther the higher levels just make the stages easier and a reward for level grinding.
  • Lets hope they are good potions that make less one hit A Rank removing tedious.
  • More medals is always nice.
  • More weapon skills? I don't think any existing weapon will get any new skills. Some more 8-bit weapons might be introduced though.
  • Being able to remove dud weapon affixes is something I've always wanted, should have been there from the begin. I'm very happy about this. It opens up many more weapons to be useful. And being able to sell weapons before you get more than 10 of them is a nice quality of life improvement.
  • More information during adventure mode? Not sure what info this could be but it's always nice to have more.
  • I hope the total damage is a number that's the same as the A Rank damage requirement. So then we can easily see how close or far we are away from going past the damage limit. Sure you can work it out with your hearts and a little math but during the heat of battle that's a little much. Just seeing the number is always good. And being able to reset the level without having to die first is a huge huge thing. Why? Any potion you buy is only used up once you win the stage or return to the map. If you fail a mission and want to restart the mission but keep your potion you made you currently have to die and restart. With this patch you can just press mission restart and don't have to kill yourself first.

Hero of time costumes in a MM DLC make zero sense though. Just something random that occurred to me.

Also I think Young Link's Lv2 sword will be the Razor sword and the Lv3 sword will be the fairy sword or the guilded sword.

Last edited:

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
^Yeah they included OoT costumes in the MM pack, and MM costumes in the OoT pack I think? (Darunia and the Zora girl's costume)

I dont get why Lana has the SK costume though, if anything Midna is the most SK-like character.

Young Link is OoT and MM. He was not in OoT due to the main part of the story takeing place with adult link.
Technically he's also in the Oracle series too.

Oh man, removing skills? That's pretty cool. So many times I've had a weapon that would otherwise be great, but it has one skill that just ruins it. For instance, a weapon that would be stellar for doing low damage runs until you unlock Regen (regen weapons heal you over time, but you take an additional 50% damage from attacks). There's some other features there that look really good. Though I'm kinda wondering why they bothered making Shiek's "new" costume. it's not like there've been multiple iterations and they need to do a callback to the good ol' days. There's been one Shiek, and her HW costume just basically looks like a nicer version of it.

New weapon skills might reduce damage taken on non-elemental stages. That would be AMAAAAAZING.

As for Lana being given the Skull Kid costume, meh. Not too bad. I can think of better characters, I can think of worse ones. Cia might have been fun with all of her dark energy abilities, but the idea of it being given to someone like Girahim would be terrible.

When I noticed that Young Link's in the new DLC pack, I was sold. I even called it from the beginning because he felt more like a logical inclusion. As a huge fan of the kid Links (no, I don't just like the Toon Links), I was very happy about this. :3

As for Tingle, I hate that's he in it now. Skull Kid felt like a better choice, but I guess Koei Tecmo have to give the Japanese fans something. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom