• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask 3DS Email

Hey guys, I sent an email to Nintendo of America a few days ago, pushing for a remake of Majora's Mask for the 3DS (I haven't played Ocarina of Time 3DS yet). I just thought I would share my email and their response:

Hi, my name is Travis Brown, and I am an avid fan of the series Legend of Zelda. Though I have not had the opportunity to play Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, I have heard from many fans at zeldadungeon.net that the game is amazing. I also have heard of the great economic success of the game. This said, the next logical step, in my opinion, would be to release Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the 3DS.

Majora's Mask was released towards the end of the N64's life, with many fans ignoring the game. However, it still remains as a fan favorite. It is a game that never ages, and remains a great sequal to the epic Ocarina of Time. And with release of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, a whole new age of gamers have been introduced to series in an epic way, leaving many wanting more. What better way to keep those new fans interested and please those loyal to the series for years than to bring Majora's Mask to the new age of gaming. It would offer those who have played Ocarina of Time 3DS familiarity with the graphical style and with the Hero of Time, searching for Navi in Termina. Plus, how awesome would Clock Town and the falling moon look in 3D? It could bring the series into a success never seen with the handheld games for Zelda.

I hope you take my thoughts into consideration, as well as the many others who want to see Majora's Mask on the 3DS.

Thank you,
Travis Brown

And their response:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. We appreciate the enthusiasm of our Zelda fans! I wanted to let you know that your comments have been documented and reported to the relevant departments here at Nintendo.

At the risk of dampening the excitement you feel, I must be clear that no official announcements have been made regarding a remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask for the Nintendo 3DS. However, we like hearing what our consumers find important.

We hope you continue to enjoy the Nintendo 3DS and all the great titles currently available or on their way. Keep checking our website (http://www.nintendo.com) for all the latest news and information.

Sincerely,
Shawn Ford
Nintendo of America, Inc.

Now, what do you take away from what they say? They didn't confirm obviously, nor did they straight up say no way. It felt to me they were hinting towards the remake. Particularly when he said "no official announcements have been made." It at least confirms there are thoughts about a remake. Thoughts?

Big Octo

=^)
Not to you make you feel less special, but your response was a generic format, used to respond to all letters and E-Mails about Majora's Mask 3D at this point. If they do progress in the future, they may change the format.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That kind of thing is always said ("no official announcements"). They did the sort of thing with Ganon and SS back in 2010. "No comment." Imo, they won't make a MM 3D, as they don't need to. OoT 3D was part of the 25th Anniversary and is the crowned jewel of the series. MM is just one of the games. It's (sadly) not the mainstream game OoT is. It wouldn't be worth it. Plus, they need to make something new for the 3DS, not just focus on remakes. That would squander the 3DS's capabilities.

Not to you make you feel less special, but your response was a generic format, used to respond to all letters and E-Mails about Majora's Mask 3D at this point. If they do progress in the future, they may change the format.

I know that, I'm just trying to dissect it really. I just feel like they chose the words carefully, even more so because it is a generic letter.

This is what they would say to anyone who mailed them about the subject

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I know that, I'm just trying to dissect it really. I just feel like they chose the words carefully, even more so because it is a generic letter.
I actually sent them an E-mail about making a new F-Zero game for since Nintendo has a steering wheel and got the same basic response.

I would also recommend starting an online petition or something encouraging Nintendo to do just that

Were you at Bigstuf Camp last weekend?

I actually sent them an E-mail about making a new F-Zero game for since Nintendo has a steering wheel and got the same basic response.

I would also recommend starting an online petition or something encouraging Nintendo to do just that

Were you at Bigstuf Camp last weekend?

I wasn't.

But I know someone that got the exact same email that I did XD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's nice that Nintendo actually responded to your email, I know a lot of companies that have a "Contact Us" button on their website yet never return an email.

Regarding the email though, I don't suppose that Nintendo is working on MM3D just yet, as they have all of the games they're promising for the 3DS (Mario Kart 7, that Pit game, Super Mario 3D Land, etc) and maybe more that they haven't even announced yet. That doesn't mean MM3D won't be released, but there's no definite way to know if Nintendo even has the game planned out at this time.

Big Octo

=^)
So all we can do now is hope for the best. No confirmed news, no announcements, no official claims, just an opinionated interview. Right now, let's just hope for an answer at least, a simple yes or no. And, gosh dang it, hope for MM 3D!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Or we could muster up a sizable force and FORCE Nintendo to make MM3D. I think that would be more effective than just hoping, wouldn't you say? xD

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That kind of thing is always said ("no official announcements"). They did the sort of thing with Ganon and SS back in 2010. "No comment." Imo, they won't make a MM 3D, as they don't need to. OoT 3D was part of the 25th Anniversary and is the crowned jewel of the series. MM is just one of the games. It's (sadly) not the mainstream game OoT is. It wouldn't be worth it. Plus, they need to make something new for the 3DS, not just focus on remakes. That would squander the 3DS's capabilities.

I disagree, and Eiji Aonuma said that they're highly considering remaking MM into 3D because of the high fan demand and how OoT 3D has made it a lot easier to make MM into 3D because the engine can be reused, similar to what happened originally. It's also not specifically part of the 25th anniversary (OoT).

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
That reply, unfortunetly, was just a generic format response. I don't believe it really hinted towards anything, and it didn't confirm any of our hopes for a remake. But, I do think it was a good idea to send that email. The more requests they get for a remake, the more likely Nintendo will decide to give the public what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom