• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora, The Moon Hater

master sword

everything is breakable
we all know that majora wants to wipe the whole world of life, kill all, none are fit to live, all must suffer.

WHY?? we don't really know much about majora, but i'd at least like to know this. what reason does majora have for, or what could Majora gain from, killing off all life.

kinda freekie

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
UM, Majora was a demon. A one-hundred percent pure evil demon. What reason would he/she have not to want world destruction?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I'd say that Majora had a really bad past. From the small pieces of evidence like the tree. She was shown being the lone person in the group of kids while the other bosses leave her alone. She had suffered from loneliness and in the end wanted to make everyone suffer for her pain. And from my guess is that if the mask housed some sort of twisted spirit I would say that she was used for rituals in the stone tower and was subjected to horrible treatment there. Thus her lonliness and her pain went into the mask or she herself wenty into the mask. Instead of giving the Dark Tribe a mask of power, they got a mask consumed by hate and malice. Because Majora had been given so much power, she had gone insane from everything and thus wanted to make everyone who caused her torment pain. Namely Goht, Twinmold, Gyorg, and Odowala (the kid's who never played with her.) Thus leading to the wiping of most of the Dark Tribe and her imprisonment. Until the day the Happy Mask Salesmen came...

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I'd say that Majora had a really bad past. From the small pieces of evidence like the tree. She was shown being the lone person in the group of kids while the other bosses leave her alone. She had suffered from loneliness and in the end wanted to make everyone suffer for her pain.
I believe you're thinking of Skull Kid.... Majora was a demon encased in a mask, that was used for hexing rituals.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe you're thinking of Skull Kid.... Majora was a demon encased in a mask, that was used for hexing rituals.

Check out the tree in the moon, there's gotta be some symbolism in that place. If being left alone doesn't mean anything I don't know what. Also here is a quote from Majora suggesting that she was usually left alone,
"Everyone has gone away haven't they? Will you play... with me?"

Look at how she say to play with her she puts a pause suggesting that she is not used to people actually wanting to play with her.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Check out the tree at the end, there's gotta be some symbolism in that place.

Yes, all the symbolism in there refers to Skull Kid, not majora... We don't know much about Majora's Past... It's a very powerful/psychotic demon, yet, we don't really know it's origins... The manga is non canon, but I like the explanation of it's origins in it

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Yes, all the symbolism in there refers to Skull Kid, not majora... We don't know much about Majora's Past... It's a very powerful/psychotic demon, yet, we don't really know it's origins... The manga is non canon, but I like the explanation of it's origins in it

She called Skull Kid garbage didn't she? Why would she just put out his past instead of hers. Why was she there in his place being the lonely one?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
She called Skull Kid garbage didn't she? Why would she just put out his past instead of hers. Why was she there in his place being the lonely one?

Oh, you are talking about the Kid on the Moon?Next time explain yourself better, will ya? Well... that makes sense if you actually read the manga's extra chapter... I know it is not canon(i'm tired of saying this), but it explains that Majora was a very powerful creature, and was very lonely, cause people only searched it to kill it, because then it would grant wishes

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Oh, you are talking about the Kid on the Moon?Next time explain yourself better, will ya? Well... that makes sense if you actually read the manga's extra chapter... I know it is not canon(i'm tired of saying this), but it explains that Majora was a very powerful creature, and was very lonely, cause people only searched it to kill it, because then it would grant wishes

If the manga was canon then I would accept that but sadly however the manga isn't canon until Anouma says so.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I thought one of the old woman's stories said that Majora was a demon sealed in a mask, used by an ancient tribe for hexing rituals. Or was it the Happy Mask Salesman that said that?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I thought one of the old woman's stories said that Majora was a demon sealed in a mask, used by an ancient tribe for hexing rituals. Or was it the Happy Mask Salesman that said that?

If I recall correctly it was the Happy Mask Freak...lolz... I really have to replay MM, probably next month, when I get my new television:D.

Majora's mask is by far the most mysterious and amuzing boss in Zelda

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
If I recall correctly it was the Happy Mask Freak...lolz... I really have to replay MM, probably next month, when I get my new television:D.

Majora's mask is by far the most mysterious and amuzing boss in Zelda

Majora has such a wonderful and mysterious history, which is why I dig deep into it. It was the Happy Mask Shiggy who said that the mask had a dark power (or evil) in the mask.

Have you ever noticed how the song of healing heals a person? Do you think that maybe that when someone is healed, the mask has all the malice and pain left behind by the cured? Link seems to suffer when ever he puts on a mask so that's one piece of evidence. Maybe Majora is a person who was healed by the song of healing, but the mask left behind an evil so great that it could consume everything.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Majora has such a wonderful and mysterious history, which is why I dig deep into it. It was the Happy Mask Shiggy who said that the mask had a dark power (or evil) in the mask.

Have you ever noticed how the song of healing heals a person? Do you think that maybe that when someone is healed, the mask has all the malice and pain left behind by the cured? Link seems to suffer when ever he puts on a mask so that's one piece of evidence. Maybe Majora is a person who was healed by the song of healing, but the mask left behind an evil so great that it could consume everything.

A lot of the things you mentioned here are thing I've thought of in the past. I always the the Happy Mask Salesman was a Shiggy cameo... but anyway, I also thought about what you said about the song of healing. One problem there though. Demons are straight from hell. If it was the evil from a person, it would be a ghost wouldn't it?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
A lot of the things you mentioned here are thing I've thought of in the past. I always the the Happy Mask Salesman was a Shiggy cameo... but anyway, I also thought about what you said about the song of healing. One problem there though. Demons are straight from hell. If it was the evil from a person, it would be a ghost wouldn't it?

Let me give you an example, say Ganondorf had the song of healing used on him. All of his hate and his malice could end up getting sucked in the mask and also if that happened I would expect the mask to look like Ganon. I believe it determines on how powerful your malice, sadness, fear, desperation, hate, etc. is. If you have the incredibly strong urge to destroy and that stuff pours into a mask you'll find that it could have become a monster in it's own right.

My guess is that the mask came from a child who was healed because they were suffering. A child's mind is not mature and thus they have the greater tendency for revenge and chaos without caring for others. Although this is a pretty open theory it's pretty accurate to me at least.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I always thought that the Song of Healing cured curses. For example, it was used on most the people that Skull Kid had tampered with, and returned them to normal. I don't think it would work to cleanse the evil from a person, like if it's natural evil. If it's a possession, then yeah maybe, but not a person that's naturally evil. Ganondorf for example, is about 98 percent evil. If it was used in that manner, he would be 2 percent good. That's not going to cut it. He'd be walking around with no personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom