• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Main Characters You Hate in Games You Love

Jedizora

:right:
I loved Mass Effect 2. It is easily on of my favorite games I've ever played, and I can't wait to get Mass Effect 3. The story is the best I've ever seen, besides maybe Mass Effect 1. However, there are two characters I hate, on your squad. The first two you get, Miranda and Jacob. Jacob I'm not a fan of because of his lack of personality. Unlike every one else, he just seems so boring, and two dimensional. The only time he shows a bit of personality is during his loyalty mission. Miranda I can't explain as well. I'm just not a fan of her.

I didn't love Final Fantasy XIII, but... Vanille. Just... :facepalm:

oh god freaking story of my life. I don't actually own this game, but over thanksgiving I had to suffer through staying at my Aunt's house. The only game they had (other than 3 year old girl games) was this game. The Chocobo guy (can't remember his name) was awesome, Lightning was tolerable, but the two little kids I wanted them to die.

Let me think ... Kriea from KOTOR2 was awful. She was a good Jedi, but I wish I wasn't forced to bring her pretty much everywhere I go. Atton was pretty cool, but he can get on your nerves. being honest, there are very few early-game characters that are likable overall in that game.

What else ... I don't know if this counts, but NBA 2K. The female announcer, Doris Burkes or something. She's a real person, and a real sportscaster, but whenever she speaks in that game I always think "Thanks for wasting my time." She adds nothing to the gameplay other than I have to stand listening to her voice and looking at her ugly face. It's terrible.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Hmmm...probably Micaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I mean, I don't HATE her, but she can be SUPER annoying, especially with her hating attitude towards Ike.

I second this.

But anyways, another character I have a hate... ish relationship with is... Leliana. From Dragon Age: Origins. I mean. She just LOVED TO DIE. It was like in battle she'd rush in.... and she's dead the next second. I mean... REALLY. ugh.

I could go on a long ramble about how badly I hate certain Fire Emblem characters. But I'll just make a semi small list.
Kent (FE7), Marcus (FE7), Dart (FE7) Isadora (IS-A-FREAKING-DORA! >:C), Garica (FE8), Vanessa (FE8), Moulder (FE8), Tethys (FE8), Boyd (FE9/10) (he's a really crappy unit, IMO. But he's not really a bad character), Shinon (FE9/10) (He's got a crappy personality, but not a bad unit), Nephenee (FE9/10) (I don't mind her as a character, but as a unit, she never worked for me. Despite the fact she's the "greatest unit ever" :/), Astrid (FE9/10) (WORSE. UNIT. EVER. WITH. NO. PERSONALITY.), Marica FE9/10 (weak unit. Funny, but annoys me), Naesala and Ulki (I could go on ever larger rants on why I dislike these two).
Most hated FE character ever. Michiah. Don't. even. get. me. started. >:c
Characters I hate in FE10: Leo, Fiona (don't even.), Meg, Vika, Lyre.
Okay. That was a longer rant than it should have been. But... just saying.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Maggie's Father from The Wind Waker (before you finish Forsaken Fortress for the second time). Run away from him or scroll through textboxes again, again and again...

At least Mila's Father does not disturb you after that. Thank God!

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I hate Penelo in Final Fantasy XII. She just tags along and doesn't have much to do with the plot. =/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ooh, recently I've had a knack for hating on main characters. I really detest Terra in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. He makes so many idiotic twists and turns despite his Knight in Shining Armor -- the Role Model he needs -- is almost constantly in his face (btw that's Aqua). "OMG I DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHIN SO RAEG!!! POWERR" is basically what the guy says throughout the story. And he definitely paid the price;
He loses his body to a pedo old Keyblade Master and unwillingly becomes another Seeker of Darkness
Don't throw another Terra at me again, Nomura.

I hate Penelo in Final Fantasy XII. She just tags along and doesn't have much to do with the plot. =/

How dare you! Penelo is...awesome! You've insulted an entire nation!! D:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Fi xP

I also used to hate Waka from Okami.... I remember him being a jerk... but I haven't played in so long...
I think I like him now though.....

I always hated Eggman. Mainly as a playable character.
er- I don't hate him as a character (story wise), I hate PLAYING as him.... it's weird, I know. Hard to explain.
Maybe it's more of a love-hate thing....

I ALWAYS hated Peach for the LONGEST time. I got over it because I grew up, but I had a deep seeded hatred for her because she was "girly" and "frilly".
There was a time in my life when I hated "girly" girls with a deep passion. Oh I DESPISED them. I also hated the color pink...
I always thought girls should be tough, like Blossom in the Power Puff Girls.
But anyway, I would play as Bowser in Super Smash Bros, and kill a bunch of Peach's for fun. xP

Aside from that, I don't think there really is any.

Every character in Final Fantasy 9:P if they had normal characters that didnt look like they just quit the circus i could enjoy the game more but otherwise its meh:P

Issun. I hate hate hate HATE Issun. He is just so... Issun! He's so irritating! -_-

On, and Luigi. That stupid buttmunch. Everything good happens to him! (What? I've been playing Mario Party 2 a lot...) Don't even get me started on this guy.

Other than that, I don't think there are very many characters from games, at least main characters, I can say I genuinely hate. I'm trying to think of characters from FE9/10, since I've been playing those lately, and my mind's drawing a blank. I think the closest I can come to hating a main character is that I hate certain aspects of Micaiah's character.

I don't actually hate her as a whole, and even sympathized with her for a while, but then she tries to burn a kid alive. o.o

Oh yeah, and there are Makalov and Danved. I don't even try to train them anymore. But unlike Danved, Makalov at least has a personality, even if it's a crappy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom