• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Meter

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
With a total absence of magic in the last 3D Zelda title (aside from the appearance of a green jelly in the Wii version) TP was felt to have been lacking in this area and some fans have even speculated that magic was originally intended to be in the game. I myself remember (and still have!) magazine pics of the game before it was released, showing a green bar below Link's hearts. though it is an exact copy of the lantern oil meter but green instead of yellow...

The reason i bring up all of this is pretty obvious, the next title is already being anticipated by the Zelda community so in anticipation we can idle our time waiting by discussing our thoughts on the magic meter. will it be used in the new wii game? will magic incorporate the use of motion controls? Might we see powers like those of OoT? and how will we get these powers? (usually we get them from great fairies but nintendo has switched the formula before...)

If the Wii game is a sequel to TP then I could see Link getting some sort of powers. if it isen't a sequel then It may be even easier for him to get magic powers. but who knows. maybe we wont get a magic meter at all?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
i hope it is used and i hope they bring back many spells from games like AOL,OOT, and ALTTP. I think it would bne interesting to see a better use for the farore's wind. Maybe throwing it across a room then you could warp to it to get across places or to places.

CZG

I have a bad feeling that it won't be in the upcoming Zelda Title. I´d love to see the magic meter return someday. And my guess is, that it will find it´s way back to the series someday, most likely on the DS first... But that´s just a hunch. It would just... look right to put it in those games again.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Magic Meter must return! I miss fire and ice arrows and stuff like that.
Even though, I still got a feeling that the magic meter is on its way out. I dont think we will be seeing it in the next game :(

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
On one hand, I highly doubt that it'll be reimplemented in the series anytime soon.
On the other hand, Myiamoto promised us a game even better than TP, so, I really hope they put the MM back in

Ikana

Trollkastel
I hope they add it in the next Zelda game.I really miss the Fire Arrows and Ice arrows and all the other spells in the game.If they add it I hope they put in some great spells but likely I highly doubt they will put the MM back.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I'd love to see the magic meter return. Why was it even removed from TP anyways? There was even an image on the back of the game case that showed the magic meter!

It would be awesome if they not only brought back the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows all as magic arrows, but maybe also make other elemental arrows or weapons? I would love to see maybe elemental or magical upgrades to preexisting weapons rather than brand new, half useless items as the Dungeon item. But that's a bit of a stretch. I'd be perfectly happy just to see Fire/Ice arrows and the MM return in Zelda Wii.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Maybe use magic as a power up for your sword? Like for an amount of time your sword glows red, and highens your offense? Or maybe blue, and highen your defense? Or maybe even green, and higher you sword speed or something?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I agree, a return of the arrows would be nice. Zelda got to use the Light arrows in TP so I assume that magic is still practiced in hyrule, to some degree... there is that fortune teller lady.. anyway if there were to be other elemental arrows what would they be?? i would like to see some shadow arrows that can be used to block out light. this could be a nifty puzzle mechanism, kinda like an anti mirror shield. although now that i think about it we have bomb arrows instead of fire arrows, but that doesn't mean they cant make a comeback!

also it has always intrigued me how Link can use magic. I mean i know the great fairies give him the power. but it almost seems as if he has a natural affinity to magic. that Link with magic is a more complete Link. I dunno, maybe it's just that he has elemental magic most of the time and he is always very closely linked with nature and such (lives in the forest). although my real opinion is I think magic is a part of the royal family blood line. if they were to reveal that link was in some way related or had a connection to the royal family in the next game im sure he would get a magic meter. That's pretty much how it happened in OoT via Zelda's Lullaby.

Also i never want to see Farore's Wind again!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I was just complaining about this in another thread!

I like the Magic Meter, and I feel like it's been taken out to reduce complexity. I don't care for that at all... one of the reasons I was attracted from FF in the first place was because I was impressed that ONE character could use so many different kinds of weapons and magic. These days, Link is seeming more like just another sword-toting warrior, and one who can't even equip decent armor at that... but sometimes I'm still (pleasantly) surprised.

I still like Zelda, but the games are really beginning to drag after the halfway point these days...

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
It would also be good if like in OoT, they could link new magic powers to the Godess's.
I wonder how such magic attacks would look with they new graphics compared to the OoT attacks.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I would cetainly like a Magic Meter back in another zelda title. I thought it added more difficulty to the game which I personally like and would like to experience in a modern zelda title.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I give having a magic meter in Zelda Wii a p value of .85. In fact I think it is even higher than that. I read Aonuma commenting earlier on how there was supposed to be even more magin in OoT, which tells me it is something he is thinking about.

It's absence in TP was a big loss, imo.

I expect and want it to be back.

While we're at it, I want magic wands too!! Fire wand, ice wand, sand wand, magical canes and staffs. I think it would be sweeeeet if you could cast different spells by making different motions with the motion plus accessory! Move your wand in two clockwise circles to cast a blast of wind, in a star pattern to cast fire, etc, etc.

(This makes me think that circling the Wiimote with Motion+ would be a good way to execute a spin attack...)

Zarom

The King
I really, really want to see the magic meter back in Zelda. That's something I've always liked, and I enjoyed AOL a lot mainly because of the numerous magic spells you learnt during the game. When I noticed that TP didn't have any magic at all, I was kind of... disappointed. (But anyway, TP was a big letdown for me, and for many of us). I liked the Dominion Rod in TP, however, because it was some sort of a magical item. Magic is something I really like, and having it again in Zelda Wii would be awesome. Also, I want to see the Great Fairies again... I just hope they make them more useful, and not as ugly as they were in TP.

So, I'm looking forward to see some magic powers or items, such as the Fire, Ice and Light Arrows in the next Zelda title.

octorok74

TETTAC
I would like to see the magic meter return. It isn't a necessity, but I liked how it set limits on some of your items. It really kept you thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom