• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Magic Armor: Awesome or Unnecessary

W

wherestheblanke

I for one thought that when I got the armor my first time on TP I was totally excited!!! Until I realized it ate my rupees... :(. I then only used it against the final ganon fight for cool reasons :P. what about you guys?

W

wherestheblanke

thanks man :P I've been using the site for walkthroughs for a couple months now but only today I decided to join the forum when the site got the socialite award :P

C

Chuck

Well after you actually buy the armor you will probably have a surplus of rupees since I don't think there is that much more you need to buy in the game. So its useful but even if you have your wallet filled up i didn't really use it that much and I completely forgot about it in the final boss battle against ganondorf.

Beeker

Wild Card
I've never personally used the Magic Armor, but I think the most reasonable place for its use is the Cave of Ordeals, especially near the ending levels(I don't know why I haven't used it for this reason). Other than that and perhaps the final cutscene, there isn't really a use for it.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I never really used the magic armor in TP.But when you buy the magic armor you really don't have to buy anything else,but I haven't played TP in awhile so I don't know if that's true.But when I had allot of Rupees that were useless since you really don't need to buy anything I would use that armor when I faced a boss,other than that I never used it.

None of the enemies in Twilight Princess really did enough damage or were challenging enough to make the Magic Armour worth wearing. I would say it was unnecessary, I liked the Zora Amour much better, and that actually had a practical use.

Kybyrian

I think it's really unnecessary for the most part. Twilight Princess was a pretty easy game, so it wasn't hard to go through the game without using the Magic Armor. Not to mention that you got the Magic Armor toward the end of the game when you had so many heart containers. It was really hard to die in the game. You almost had to try to at most points. The Magic Armor could have been nice for some more inexperienced players, but the chances are that more inexperienced players wouldn't even get the Magic Armor because they probably wouldn't bother with the donations and all that.

The only way that the Magic in Armour in Twilight Princess would ever get points for being cool is if you were giving it points on how it looked. Outside of that, it's extremely useless, and is barely meh, nevermind awesome. You acquire it at a point in the game where you have learned from your mistakes caused by the Dark Side of the Fail, and probably never even get near dieing. Even then, I usually had a couple of fairies bottled up from the various Temples that I had acquired them from, I never used a fairy either so I always had at least 3.

When I think about it, I never even needed a fairy in Twilight Princess when I was completing a 3 heart run as I never died. Therefore, I never had the use for the Magic Armour. It's just an epic waste of rupees, and by the time you have gained it you already are more than good enough to kill every enemy without recieving damage. The Magic Armour is probably the one of the most unnecessary item in the entire Zelda series.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think a lot of the items in TP were kinda unnecessary, not just the Magic Armor, but that's what happens when a game tries to cram so much in. I used the Magic Armor once, against the Darknuts on the last floor of the Cave of Ordeals, even then I don't think I really needed it but I wanted an excuse to try it. There really was no place else in the game that it would have been helpful to me. Even the final boss fight was rather easy.

I saw the Armor as more a collection item than anything else. Awesome it was, I loved the way it looked, but for experienced players it was really rather useless. I bought it simply because I wanted 100% in TP, and because it looked awesome.

On a side note, I hated that it ate up rupees since I'm one of those people that can't stand not having a full wallet, but then again, I wouldn't have been much happier to see it drain magic if we had that either so...either way I didn't like to wear it. It was just there for the sake of being there for me.

W

wherestheblanke

yea now that I think abouts it, the armor is awesome in appearance, but totally unnecessary. It is kind of like naryu's love but looked awesome.

Plus: ending the game with the armor in its rusted state from lack of rupees is pretty cool :P

I bought it for one reason, and it was for that crazy cave. And considering that side quest isn't necessary itself to win the game, the armor is pretty useless. (And after all that, I got frustrated and never finished the cave. heh.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom