• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia the Gathering: Planechase Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
Walk

This plane is most unfortunate. 40% chance of death if a power not assigned to this plane is used? Um no thanks.

Just an idea, why not lets stay on New Phyrexia and see how many people can kill others and or die first then planes walk since we can only planes walk 3 times a day and who knows what other planes LinkDude has for us.

That's a terrible idea. If we stay and people use their night abilities during the night, we could end up with a very unfortunate game. If everyone has at least one night ability (and given how the cards are working, I bet you everyone does) and uses it on this plane, we would lose about 40% of the players. That would leave us with about 12 players left out of the original 20. Given those odds, I bet you no one uses their night abilities on this plane. We would be at a standstill and nothing would get done. That is a destructive day and a very unproductive day.

True BUT who said we have to use our night abilities to begin with? We can just linch and not use our abilites.

I agree with David on this one. Although it would be fun to see what happens in this plane, its too much of a risk staying here and possibly dying after the fist day. Besides I want to see some other planes.

I agree with David on this one. Although it would be fun to see what happens in this plane, its too much of a risk staying here and possibly dying after the fist day. Besides I want to see some other planes.

David

True BUT who said we have to use our night abilities to begin with? We can just linch and not use our abilites.

Isn't that what you implie when you said that people should just kill themselves? We can only lynch once per day period. After that we go straight to the night phase. Your plan is still very mafia centered.

lol. I agree with the fact this plane isn't a good one but we are only limited to three planewalks a day. Who says we won't end up on something that will be worse then this one? But we could also end up on a plane that is better but who knows? I think this is a good chance to lower the number of people. In my thoughts but I am also new to this game(Mafia), not MTG, I play alot of it.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
lol. I agree with the fact this plane isn't a good one but we are only limited to three planewalks a day. Who says we won't end up on something that will be worse then this one? But we could also end up on a plane that is better but who knows? I think this is a good chance to lower the number of people. In my thoughts but I am also new to this game(Mafia), not MTG, I play alot of it.

The only problem is that we wont see people die (nor do we want to, powerful townies could be lost that way). With a 40% chance of dying, nobody will wanna risk using a night ability and we'll have no new information.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Vote Tally
Mellow Ezlo(2): Doc, Kingofhucklebery
Fig(1): Scarfed
Doc(1): Pendio
Kingofhucklebery(1): Musicfan
Pendio(1): Crus@der77x
Scarfed(1): Go_Dark_Link

Planeswalk Tally
Walk(9): Crus@der77x, Doc, Musicfan, Kingofhucklebery, Scarfed, Frozen Chosen, Johnny Sooshi, Stitch, David

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch by majority and to Planeswalk. Day ends Thursday the 26th at 11:59 PM EST

David

3 planewalks a day is awesome. We have three tries to find a good one. Lowering the number of people can help us, but it doesn't give us much information because no one's alignment will be revealed when they die. This game is basically a hit and miss until LinkDude reveals more or reveals the game is over. We need to change planes so that if someone has a cop role on a particular plane (not this one), they can use it to our without risk of dying, as they would have currently.

Your views of the game are very anti town and with no patience to the game. There is a lot to learn in day one if we work toward it. Death is not the best solution to this game given the set up. It is best we work to gather more information from everyone (and there are still some people that have yet to post today) and then "do battle" based on that information. Understand?

The person who died, their walker will be reveal. I can guess the alignment. I know the MTG stories. Also just like DekuNut just said

Id like to remind people that New Phyrexia-based abilities will not make you die. In case you were wondering.

Someone can have a New Phyrexia ability. So its not pointless to say here.

OYewGIS.png

I can most likely guess alignment by their stories. There are a few I got no idea. Like the "Planeswalkers Commanders".

Its a list / image of all the planeswalkers in MTG. 20 of them are in this game. I can guess their alignments because I know the stories.

I don't know what 20 of them are in this game or not. But I can tell three of them without a doubt. I can guess 17/30 of their alignements right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom