• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
mfw i forgot to respond to the rest of it

So what I said after the part that you quoted here has no meaning to you?

Not really. That entire paragraph is the standard statement. Like I said there's literally zero defense against that because it's a big WIFOM situation that wasn't even created by you. If you're scum you say "of course i'm not his scumbud" and if you aren't you say "of course i'm not his scumbud." There's no way out of it no matter what you are. The only thing is for the rest of the players to make a decision.
You can, of course, defend yourself against other things, which I do appreciate :uwu:

I never supported a Sadia/Jamie lynch
Except you kind of did, with the whole... this thing:
I am not particularly in favour of a Jamie lynch. However, I also cannot suggest anything else at the moment so I guess I would accept it.
Does it not read like scum passively approving a town lynch without actually voting in favor of it? It reads to me a bit like "gee i sure hope this goes through so we can hold out another day and not have to lynch a bud over a potential mishap"

And yet there's another - and yet slightly more possible imo - scenario: You accused others of softly protecting Jamie and yet, without voting, you are doing the same thing yourself. And then, when town Sadia gets lynched, you could just say "oh uwu I was never supporting that lynch see? uwu i'm town"

Pen

The game is on!
You can, of course, defend yourself against other things, which I do appreciate

I do not know what other things I can defend myself against. None of the things I have been accused for are dependent on what I say. Go ahead and lynch me if you want. I cannot say anything to your accusations that would make a difference since it is all based on a statement by somebody other than myself.

Gummy, you seem to be suspecting me the most right now, which is fine, but who would you say is your second biggest suspect? And also, if I get lynched today and flip Town, is there anyone in particular you would find suspicious?

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
It seems a bit unrealistic that Storm would out a scum member. This could be a bluff or double bluff. Either they want us to lynch Pendio because he's town, or want us to think there's no way mafia would out their team and are trying to make him look town.

I`m not sure if you were or are in TF2 mafia (the other game running rn), but in that game Storm fakeclaimed Doctor on Day 1 when people were bandwagoning him, and that too as town. From that, I got the impression that Storm has a bit of a brash and impulsive meta in mafia, who would do some eccentric things under pressure. So, judging from that, I don`t think it`d be too unlikely for him to reveal a scumbud. Or you could be right, maybe I`m underestimating him and it might be a bluff.

Let me ask the two of you for some more concrete reasonings as to why you trust Gummy so much. Sure, I am not particularly suspicious of her myself, but I do not see a reason to rule her out the way you do.

Yesterday, Gummy confirmed that I targeted her Night 2, therefore discrediting Storm`s argument against me. Had she been scum, she wouldn`t have done this. Why are you asking this though?? You yourself said you trust Gummy.

So yes, if I were to vote right now I would definitely vote for Johnny. It would be cool to know who everyone else would vote for right now if they were to vote. Now I will go back and reread the posts of the dead Mafiosi and see if I can find some good clues.

I`ll be honest, if I were to vote right now at this moment, I`d probably be voting you. BUT, there`s still a lot of time left in the day to decide a lynch.

vote count of day 2. personally I think that with two scum on the lynch (storm and toxic) then kokirion would not be the type of scum to allow himself to associate with his scumbuds like that. That's potentially the entire team on the lynch. No way Jose.

This is a good point. Agreed.

Would Storm pick a scumbud to call innocent? These are the people he supposedly trusted beyond a doubt (because they "never gave him a reason to distrust them" (shoddy reasoning, definitely something scum would use as reasoning)).

I think Storm`s a fairly new player iirc, so I don`t think it`s impossible for him to make a rookie mistake like that.

My one sole qualm about Pendio looking so suspicious is that Frozen should (and probably would) have blocked Pendio, aka probably the only scum left. Yet somehow a kill went through. Now I know there are things like silent modifiers, which would have ensured that his kill would go through no matter what. However I am confident that Frozen would have picked Pendio to block considering his adamant suspicions. With Pendio potentially blocked, why was there a scum kill?

If a roleblocker is killed, does their action not go through?

You are right. I never supported a Sadia/Jamie lynch because they were amongst the few players that I trusted the most yesterday. I expressed how I did not believe Jamie to be scum quite a lot yesterday if I remember correctly. From the very start of that day too.

That`s one of the problems. You kept saying explicitly that you trust me, but you never stated why. You didn`t even consider Storm`s argument.

When I think about it, Storm and his scum buds must have made this scheme (the one where Storm would say he blocked me) up together during Night 2. As soon as Day 3 started, Storm voted me. Now, there could be two things that his scumbuds would try to do. Either a) try and distance themselves as much as possible from Storm`s statements, and go against him or b) subtly try and encourage the fakeclaim. I feel like Pendio did the first (if he`s scum, that is.) Something just seems off to me in the way he kept repeating this so straightforwardly:

Anyway, for the time being I am not at all convinced that Jamie is scum, which is why I would really like to hear from him as soon as possible.

In contrast, here is Kokirion`s reaction to the claim:

Nevertheless, the current claim is not uninteresting. I didn't know what to think about it at first. Storm is actually part of the select group of people that has fakeclaimed at ZD in the past. I'm also not that happy with claiming anymore as I was quite open about last day. However... after thinking it through I concluded that this does is a slightly different claim. You're not claiming a role persé, but you have result(s). That makes it tactically speaking a good claim, in my opinion. We shouldn't overdo claiming, but claiming in itself should also not be restricted. I also do think your claim was rather pointless. You only roleblocked Jamie and no kill occured. I mean, there could be so many explanations for why no kill happened. But from your perspective I do understand why you would see this as significant.

For that reason, for now I'll believe you. Actually, I was thinking, if you would be scum, and if Jamie would flip town you would be in a difficult position. For that reason, if you are truly scum, I'd guess you would probably claim something important and do not attack a for you "known" townie this heavily. That seems like only someone who thinks there is a genuine chance that person is scum would do.

Like I said, I'm not sold about this "evidence" that Jamie is scum. It indeed increases the likelyhood that he is scum, but only so little. I do have so far always been suspicious of him already and am therefore not principally opposing a Jamie lynch.
I think his recent inactivity AND the fact that quite a bunch of people have tried to softly keep him away from danger makes me suspicious about him.

What do others think about a possible Jamie lynch?

I`m conflicted on this reaction. In this post, Kokirion seems to believe Storm`s claim. As scum, would he really want to agree and associate himself with another scumbud`s fakeclaim? Or, it could be what I said before, where a scum would try and subtly agree with a mafia`s fakeclaim and try and sway the town into voting me? As you can see, in this post, Kokiron said he`s not completely `sold`on the evidence, and does not outwardly vote me either. Subtle. Also, when it comes to conjuring up fakeclaims, kokirion is also notorious for that, isn`t he. So, I really don`t have a conclusive read on kokirion at this point in the game. I`ll have to look into his posts more.

Because I am not scum. And also my night action went through despite me not having any modifiers to help me with that.

I don`t really think there is a way for you to prove this, so this statement seems a bit baseless.

Does it not read like scum passively approving a town lynch without actually voting in favor of it?

I looked back on Day 2`s posts, and Pendio seemed to do the same thing with Pokalink`s lynch. Throughout, he kinda kept egging on the lynch without ever voting for Poka himself. Example:

I am honestly not getting any specific Town vibes from you at all. The desperate way in which you keep wanting everybody to trust you really worries me. And you also keep calling the votes on you RV. This is not entirely true since you were picked from a handful of inactive players. You could have avoided this situation altogether, and now (at least to me), your reaction to all of this is pretty interesting. Your desperation looks more scummy to me than anything else.

Pen

The game is on!
Yesterday, Gummy confirmed that I targeted her Night 2, therefore discrediting Storm`s argument against me. Had she been scum, she wouldn`t have done this. Why are you asking this though?? You yourself said you trust Gummy.

I never said that I trust Gummy to the point where I rule her out as much as you an Kirion seemed to do. But thanks for the response. I understand how you are thinking now.

My guess would be that the night action does go through. Although it ultimately up to the individual mod. I would guess it goes through though.

Also, I would like to add that I was going pretty strongly on Storm form the very start yesterday. Far before anyone had even voted for him yet. I was even the first player to place a vote on him. Do you really think I would to that if he and I were scum together? Especially if there are as few as three Mafiosi in the game (which to me seems very credible).

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I do not know what other things I can defend myself against. None of the things I have been accused for are dependent on what I say. Go ahead and lynch me if you want. I cannot say anything to your accusations that would make a difference since it is all based on a statement by somebody other than myself.

They have been dependent on what you say, though, I was just bringing up your voting (or lack thereof) on Sadia, plus Sadia just brought up your non voting on Pokalink.

The only person you've voted to lynch is Storm. Interesting.

Gummy, you seem to be suspecting me the most right now, which is fine, but who would you say is your second biggest suspect? And also, if I get lynched today and flip Town, is there anyone in particular you would find suspicious?

Johnny is probably choice #2. Kokirion and Kirino have both done some potentially townie things. My hangup on Johnny is his apparent voting limitation from yesterday. Is it possible for scum to have an actor or something? (i think that's what the actor does, i'm not sure, but it has some weird vote limitation) anyway he's got a vote limitation, Kirino has got a double voter thing which is also debatable on whether or not it's a scum role. I already said why i've got a slight lean on Kokirion I think.

Idk I'm just at a point where like it could be anybody but I have hangups about each person.

Night Action Resolution Rules
- Priority given to roleblockers. Roleblocking is the first action to resolve. In the case of a roleblocker targeting another roleblocker, the RB-RB action has priority one. RB-other action is priority two.
- Protection actions are second.
- Night kills are performed third. Night kills cannot be stopped by other night kills. All kills happen simultaneously.
- All other night actions occur simultaneously last.
- Each layer of defence from a protection role or modifier only blocks one night kill.

It totally does.

Pen

The game is on!
That`s one of the problems. You kept saying explicitly that you trust me, but you never stated why. You didn`t even consider Storm`s argument.

I did consider Storm's argument after he had explained it to us. I even unvoted him for a while because I got unsure until Gummy brought up her new information.

And as for why I trusted you so much even yesterday before Storm's alignment was known, well, it is the same reason as to why I have been trusting Kirion since the very start of day 2. I still trust you, Sadia. If fact, I trust you even more today after Storm's death, than I trusted you yesterday. Kirion, however, I am not trusting as much anymore now that it is very possible that the Godfather is the only Mafia member remaining. Though he has still done good things, so I do not doubt him too much.

Anyway, here are some of the posts I could find from yesterday where I express how I do not believe Jamie/Sadia to be scum.

I guess I could pretty easily imagine Storm being scum, but I have not noticed anything suspicious at all about Jamie.

I am not particularly in favour of a Jamie lynch.

Anyway, for the time being I am not at all convinced that Jamie is scum, which is why I would really like to hear from him as soon as possible.

I am just not convinced that Jamie is our best lynch candidate today. I am sorry I cannot suggest anyone else right now, but I will look back in the thread and see if I can find something. I just do not think Jamie is scum.

I have expressed before how I do not quite see Jamie, or Sadia now, as likely to be scum, so your news makes me even more sure of that (of course I do not trust Sadia to 100%, but still).

I would rather lynch Storm or Toxic over Sadia though.

As has already been pointed out, I do not see why Sadia would possibly want to sacrifice herself. If she is part of the Town (which I believe her to be), she is much more useful to the Town if she is alive.

And here is the post from the day before yesterday where I expressed my trust for Kirion.

For some reason I find myself trusting Kirion more right now than I usually do. And in fact, I think I trust him more than any other player in the game right now.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Right and that's all well and good but you never really stated why in any of them, except the first quote.

I guess I could pretty easily imagine Storm being scum, but I have not noticed anything suspicious at all about Jamie.

And then 3 days later you've got this:

I am not particularly in favour of a Jamie lynch. However, I also cannot suggest anything else at the moment so I guess I would accept it.

no alternate lynch suggestions but in the post before you could see Storm being mafia? Why not suggest to lynch the person you are potentially suspicious of rather than let a lynch happen that you do not approve of?

And that's not really a reason on Kokirion either, you just went "gut feeling uwu" is there anything other than that?

Plus I keep seeing you softclaim an action but I just can't think of what you could be. I don't want you to claim at all , don't get me wrong, I just can't think of any possibility. (this statement has zero point to it but i'm just thinking out loud at this point)

@kokirion @Kirino hi friends I know the day just started but I am an impatient. please say something :)
Johnny, what's your opinion on Pendio? Do you think he's scum? Or is he town put in a bad spot by Storm?

Pen

The game is on!
no alternate lynch suggestions but in the post before you could see Storm being mafia? Why not suggest to lynch the person you are potentially suspicious of rather than let a lynch happen that you do not approve of?

The reason I did not suggest Storm right then was because it was in the time period between Storm's claim and your added information. That was the brief time when I was not AS suspicious of Storm.

And that's not really a reason on Kokirion either, you just went "gut feeling uwu" is there anything other than that?

Yes. I had a very solid reason to believe Kirion and Sadia to be Town. Kirion is not quite as solid to me anymore due to the fact that there might only be the Godfather left in the Mafia. And I trust Sadia mostly for the same reason as everybody else today. Yesterday I trusted her and Kirion for the same reason though, and I trusted the two of them equally thanks to my role.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Johnny, what's your opinion on Pendio? Do you think he's scum? Or is he town put in a bad spot by Storm?

It's difficult and I've been running through possibilities in my head just trying to figure out what scenario feels right. Ultimately I'm feeling like Pendio could be scum. It feels like they tried running a gambit to finish off the town. However, that doesn't seem like a very Pendio-esq move so I'm still hesitant to say he's definitely scum.

@Pendio , you say you weren't as suspicious of Storm at that point, and you did unvote to make a point of it. What specifically made you feel less suspicious of Storm?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Modnote: I poked @Kirino
In 48hrs, by Monday, if he doesn't respond or post he will be replaced.

I'm glad everyone is keeping active. If you have any questions or need clarification on anything feel free to ask. The things I can answer I will.

Pen

The game is on!
@Pendio , you say you weren't as suspicious of Storm at that point, and you did unvote to make a point of it. What specifically made you feel less suspicious of Storm?

His role claim. After he role claimed I got a bit unsure of my suspicion of him. Role claims tend to do that to me since I would rather not be voting for a claimed Townie. However, after Gummy's info that she added (though a bit late) I chose to trust Gummy over Storm since Gummy's info supported Sadia (whom I believed to be Town even back then), so that was when my suspicion for Storm grew stronger again and I put my vote back on him immediately. So the point when I was less suspicious of Storm was basically between his role claim, and Gummy's news. Looks like a pretty logical thought process now, even in hindsight.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Let me ask the two of you for some more concrete reasonings as to why you trust Gummy so much. Sure, I am not particularly suspicious of her myself, but I do not see a reason to rule her out the way you do.
2 things. First, for the same reasons as I trusted you. I think this is really her town play. The amount of initiative she takes, the risks when really trying to question everyone, that all seems to me like someone who is genuinely trying to hunt scum. Second, Exactly what sadia said:
It's somewhat based on the assumption that Sadia is town. But I believe that is the case, and such trust added by Sadia when I was already positive about Gumball makes me believe she is town. But I do not rule out the possibility that she's scum the way I do with Sadia. However, given the fact that I have good reasons to doubt Pendio and Johnny's allignments right now (and I also do not exclude Kirino), she does not really seem like a danger to me.

Godfather role. I will rule out myself because I know my own role and I will rule out Sadia because of how hard Storm tried to go after her yesterday.
Probably. I think you're right. But, I would wonder now, do you think he/she would then also be investigation/nightkill immune? Normally I'd say yes, but I wonder, because in this game we have all these modifiers and an active/non-active ability. Investigation/nightkill immunity is not really an ability I would say, so how would this then work with the traits and such?
I think it is important to stay sharp right now, your suggestion that there is a godfather seems very logical. However, with the set-up of the game, I'm not sure if I buy that there is someone alive with exactly these abilities at the moment. I think it is at least equally possible that this last remaining mafiosi (if there is only 1 left, but I think that is the case) also has 2 abilities, like most other players in this game.

When I think about it, Storm and his scum buds must have made this scheme (the one where Storm would say he blocked me) up together during Night 2. As soon as Day 3 started, Storm voted me. Now, there could be two things that his scumbuds would try to do. Either a) try and distance themselves as much as possible from Storm`s statements, and go against him or b) subtly try and encourage the fakeclaim. I feel like Pendio did the first (if he`s scum, that is.) Something just seems off to me in the way he kept repeating this so straightforwardly:
Could be. But if I remembered it right, wasn't he truly a mafia roleblocker? Like, in a sense he may not have been lying right? Or am I saying something now that makes no sense.

I`m conflicted on this reaction. In this post, Kokirion seems to believe Storm`s claim. As scum, would he really want to agree and associate himself with another scumbud`s fakeclaim? Or, it could be what I said before, where a scum would try and subtly agree with a mafia`s fakeclaim and try and sway the town into voting me? As you can see, in this post, Kokiron said he`s not completely `sold`on the evidence, and does not outwardly vote me either. Subtle. Also, when it comes to conjuring up fakeclaims, kokirion is also notorious for that, isn`t he. So, I really don`t have a conclusive read on kokirion at this point in the game. I`ll have to look into his posts more.
Fair, but how often do am I truly not careful when supporting/attacking someone? I don't think that's related to my allegiance. I'm always calculating stuff, and things are rarely 100% the case. I don't think this reaction was much different then my reactions to almost everything else that happened in Lineages and TF2.

My one sole qualm about Pendio looking so suspicious is that Frozen should (and probably would) have blocked Pendio, aka probably the only scum left. Yet somehow a kill went through. Now I know there are things like silent modifiers, which would have ensured that his kill would go through no matter what. However I am confident that Frozen would have picked Pendio to block considering his adamant suspicions. With Pendio potentially blocked, why was there a scum kill?

I did some research, and I quoted Viral's opening post. I left out everything that I think is irrelevant, all the mechanisms/traits/etc. below could potentially have obstructed a roleblock from Froyo.
Trait Modifiers
Negative Traits
Dimwitted – 50% chance of action failure.
Weak – Lose ability for the night.
Clumsy – 50% chance of failing action. If failed, 25% chance of revealing yourself to target.
Slow – Each Night action finishes being performed the next day when a player is hammered (or at deadline).

Positive Traits
Smart – Gain both your abilities this night. Your active ability has a 100% of succeeding, and your secondary ability has a 50% chance.
Quick – Gain a 2 shot action in the same night. Both submitted at the same time. Forgo your next night action.
Silent – Cannot be Roleblocked.

Night Action Resolution Rules
- Each layer of defence from a protection role or modifier only blocks one night kill.
I mean, I thought there would probably be 1 or 2 exceptions, but I actually found 7 (!!!!) traits that could've obstructed Froyo's possible roleblock. 4 negative traits for Froyo himself, as well as 3 for any potential mafiosi (namely, a roleblock only stops one kill, as I quoted. So if the killer had 2 shots or something, he/she did not even need to have the silent trait to kill). So I am not at all in favour of removing suspicion because it was likely that this person may have been roleblocked by Froyo last night. If ANY of these 7 traits were at play, it would've been super convenient for the "blocked" person to now claim it was impossible.

Right and that's all well and good but you never really stated why in any of them, except the first quote.

And then 3 days later you've got this:

Plus I keep seeing you softclaim an action but I just can't think of what you could be. I don't want you to claim at all , don't get me wrong, I just can't think of any possibility. (this statement has zero point to it but i'm just thinking out loud at this point)

@kokirion @Kirino hi friends I know the day just started but I am an impatient. please say something :)
Kind of hard to jump in during the middle of the night :P

And about Pendio. The truth is that it is just flipping a coin. Whatever will be said, whatever has been said, it's flipping a coin. I like to believe he is innocent, I find his play to be rather townish as I explained a number of times before, but this Storm statement... and then like I theorised above, I neither buy the hypothesis that he could not have been the killer because he may have been roleblocked by Froyo. There are too many ways to get out of that, and might just be too convenient to now claim town due to an event caused by the mafia maybe (or a froyo error).

But on terms of playstyle, I trust Johnny less. Actually, I'm more inclined to lynch him than Pendio. I think I'm pretty sure at least one of them is scum, but who? I doubt we will find that out by discussing the same over and over again. The bottom line is that I think both their chances are 50/50 of being scum. I'm fine with lynching any of them, but I would prefer Johnny. I like to weigh his playstyle heavier than Pendio's Storm thingy.

Pen

The game is on!
But on terms of playstyle, I trust Johnny less. Actually, I'm more inclined to lynch him than Pendio. I think I'm pretty sure at least one of them is scum, but who? I doubt we will find that out by discussing the same over and over again. The bottom line is that I think both their chances are 50/50 of being scum. I'm fine with lynching any of them, but I would prefer Johnny. I like to weigh his playstyle heavier than Pendio's Storm thingy.

I appreciate this. And naturally I agree with it. I know my words do not matter much since I cannot truly prove anything. I have dropped hints here and there as to what my role is, but I do not blame anyone who still finds me to be the most suspicious. If I were to rank everyone from most to least scummy it would look like this:

Johnny
Gummy
Kirion
Kirino
Sadia

Out of these though, Johnny is really the only one that I feel is scum. The rest of the list is mostly just there to demonstrate my thoughts. There gap between Gummy and Johnny is pretty big. If anyone has any questions to me that I can answer I will be happy to share my thoughts. In case I die today I do not want anything to go unsaid.

Kirino

Tatakae
Sadia and LG I'm almost certain are town for obvious reasons, whereas I'm neutral on Kokirion and will have to look back at his posts and voting record. I distrust Johnny because on his playstyle of laying low, following the crowd while personally adding little, and bandwagoning, which is one of the same reasons I suspected and voted for Storm, and is in fact very similar to both his and Toxic Snowman's play-style in general, so he'd be in good company if he flipped. I'm probably more suspicious of him at this point than anyone else.

I think the case against Pendio is somewhat weak. The main point against him is Storm's statement, but instead of an actual outburst revealing scum it could just as easily have been a last minute attempt to incriminate him. Another odd thing Storm mentioned was that he trusted me, ALIT, and Pendio; the former two are obviously town, so it's questionable what Pendio's inclusion indicates about his alignment. It seems likely that he could have associated his fellow scum buddy with two townies in order to make him appear less suspicious, but it's hard to tell, as he also could have been trying to incriminate all three of us or just create confusion. The problem with relying on this type of evidence at all is that it's entirely a matter of WIFOM, which is especially unreliable given Storm's unpredictability and the fact that I'm unfamiliar with his meta. Who knows what this creature thinks when he posts.

There's also the fact that Pendio was one of Storm's earliest and most vociferous accusers, often questioning him and being willing to vote for him, only wavering when he role claimed (as did I, since I almost took my vote off, although ultimately decided to keep it). Of course it's possible that he was just throwing a scum buddy under the bus in order to gain town cred, but I somewhat doubt he would go to this length, not only questioning him early on, but also voting for him and helping to spearhead his lynch, especially given his important abilities and and the necessity of numerical advantage. Of course, you could also argue that the initial questioning was just him acting like town and distancing himself, and that he could have easily been willing to lynch Storm since he was the weakest link and arguably more of a liability than an asset; again, it's a wash.

More convincingly, there's also the intermittent conflict and genuine annoyance that Storm seemed to express toward Pendio, which seems too real to have all been an act or part of some elaborate plan. I doubt the Mafia organization is so loose that they would've quibbled so much; if both were Mafia, you'd think someone active and experienced like Pendio would keep a tighter leash on Storm, whereas with an inactive like Johnny, his behavior makes more sense. This conflict between them and Pendio's going after him would also explain why Storm made that statement about Pendio's promise near the end, as a form of revenge meant to incriminate him while confusing the town.

To me, the point that the there were no kills on the night that Frozen blocked Pendio is the only truly convincing evidence that makes me suspect him. Given the poor reliability of the WIFOM information and that fact that Pendio has otherwise defended himself well against other accusations, however, I don't think there's a viable case for a lynch here. I agree that he's the one of the best (and only) leads we have and that he's worth questioning, but it's best that we utilize the whole day and not rush to lynch anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom