• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also while we're on the subject of Not Storm and Jamie™, I hate to be that guy but literally no one has even acknowledged kokirion's presence yet. You'd think by now that scum would be trying to poke at him.

I see what you are saying and it is kind of strange. Right now I get town vibes from Kokirion. Three guys I'm suspicious of are Storm, Jamie, and Pendio because of reasons previously stated. If Jamie were to flip town, that would put my suspicions to Pendio who has accused me of protecting Jamie even though I have a vote on him.

Pendio, from what I see, has never been in favor of a Jamie lynch but both he and ALIT accused me of protecting Jamie, even though I feel like Pendio was protecting Jamie more... Does that make sense?

Anyway, Storm could still be telling the truth. Although, I do find the roleblocker claim to be odd. Just throwing this out as a suggestion, has anyone played a game with two town roleblockers?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I see what you are saying and it is kind of strange. Right now I get town vibes from Kokirion. Three guys I'm suspicious of are Storm, Jamie, and Pendio because of reasons previously stated. If Jamie were to flip town, that would put my suspicions to Pendio who has accused me of protecting Jamie even though I have a vote on him.

Pendio, from what I see, has never been in favor of a Jamie lynch but both he and ALIT accused me of protecting Jamie, even though I feel like Pendio was protecting Jamie more... Does that make sense?

Anyway, Storm could still be telling the truth. Although, I do find the roleblocker claim to be odd. Just throwing this out as a suggestion, has anyone played a game with two town roleblockers?

TF2 mafia. Have you forgotten?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I've been thinking a couple of things through lately, let me share my thoughts.

I hate to be that guy but literally no one has even acknowledged kokirion's presence yet. You'd think by now that scum would be trying to poke at him.

I hate to be that guy, I really do :/ I know how it feels, I was poked at for this very reason too, but my man where are your haters.
A few things about this post. First, "I hate to be that guy" made me laugh. Second, lol I mean I can't really prevent people from criticizing me. All I can do is be critical of others. But on another note, the more I think about it, the less I like this statement of yours... I mean, little acknowledgement in itself is hardly a scumtell. Take TF2, all aside alignments there because that is an ongoing game, most of the "acknowledgment" there came from Pendio, who was town. So a lack of acknowledgment in itself has probably little to do with alignment. And although it is certainly a good move to keep everyone sharp, such subtle spreading of doubt is also quite something I would do if I were scum. Throw a loose accusation here and there, which cannot be denied or tested, but do increase the number of less trusted townies in the game.

Good luck @Jamie.

Anyhow, for Jamie's replacement and everyone else, I do not buy the activity argument for even a second. Jamie had the second least amount of posts in Mafia Revival, where he was scum, and he was alive for three days in said game. Jamie has always been a lot more active as town. I do not believe this is enough to incriminate someone, but it definitely raises my suspicion.
I get your point. And I carefully agree. I do think the reasons he gave were fair and I could understand them. Yet, I think at most this would imply there is little connection between his activity and his alignment. But that, indeed, neither proves his innocence.

Jamie said he has never been inactive as scum, and I provided an example. Of course it could be an outlier, but it shows that his statement is false.
I agree. Good remark.

There is one final thing I wanted to address. But I couldn't find the quote for the moment, so I'll just address it directly to ALIT. What caught my attention a little while ago was that you said that if Jamie would die and flip town, Storm would be very suspicious. I've been thinking this through, because it is very interesting and important what the implications of Jamie's possible alignment might be. I came to the conclusion that, and this was also the reason why for now I am inclined to believe Storm's claim, it's unlikely he would be making this claim if he was scum. The reason for that is because if he's scum, he and the mafia would already know that Jamie will flip town. In that case, Storm's claim would be pretty much suicidal because he would already know he's gonna be the biggest suspect tomorrow. For that reason do I think it's more likely a town move, a move from someone who genuinely thinks his suspicion might be mafia.
I also think that his RB theory does not prove Jamie's scumminess. So I think there is indeed a fair chance Jamie might flip town, at the very least the possibility is not excluded. So I never saw the link between Jamie possibly being town and then Storm being scum. It might be possible, but however I tried to visualise it, nothing excludes him then from still being town.
I think your eagerness right now to both lynch Jamie and to be pushing for a Storm lynch afterwards if Jamie would flip town is quite suspicious. I mean, if I've calculated it correctly, if we lynch town today and tomorrow, as well as that the mafia would kill 1 townie both nights, we've lost the game, right? So if you would be scum and hence might "know" that Jamie is not scum, you can now heavily push for his lynch, and later put the blame on Storm (of whom you might also know is a townie) and hence kill 2 townies. If that's your plan, you would most likely win the game if it goes through.

I don't know Jamie's alignment yet, and this actually makes me more interested in it, because if he's scum none of these theories matter, but if he's town... I might be a bit more wary of you tomorrow.

But now that Jamie gets replaced I'm for the moment not completely sure if we should lynch him. I want to give the replacement a chance to catch up. At the other side, to keep him alive simply because we want to give the replacement a chance of playing is neither a good strategy.
I hope that the replacement does not try to claim right away, but instead reads the thread and comes with some interesting new arguments about other people, that might prove a more interesting lynch than Jamie. If that does not happen, I think I'll probably support a Jamie lynch

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
bless

That's the kind of posts I was missing, koki bby i missed u
let the game begin :uwu:

A few things about this post. First, "I hate to be that guy" made me laugh. Second, lol I mean I can't really prevent people from criticizing me. All I can do is be critical of others. But on another note, the more I think about it, the less I like this statement of yours... I mean, little acknowledgement in itself is hardly a scumtell. Take TF2, all aside alignments there because that is an ongoing game, most of the "acknowledgment" there came from Pendio, who was town. So a lack of acknowledgment in itself has probably little to do with alignment. And although it is certainly a good move to keep everyone sharp, such subtle spreading of doubt is also quite something I would do if I were scum. Throw a loose accusation here and there, which cannot be denied or tested, but do increase the number of less trusted townies in the game.

You're all completely right, what I did was basically what I was saying no one did, I poked at you. But WIFOM and all that. Am I scum or paranoid town?????? But regarding what you were saying, in TF2 mafia Pendio was the one talking about you, right, but people were forming opinions based off that right? (I haven't re-read it because I'm not in it but potato) And from what I remember people were finding you suspicious right? Which is why you had to do the whole talk-about-your-playstyle and whatnot. jsin that normally by this time people acknowledge you but it's just weird that hardly anybody has mentioned any kind of read on you at all. (speaking of reads, i don't even have one on you tbh)

anyway point of all that is that i haven't forgotten you exist but apparently everyone else has which is strange. I wish we had another night of kills so we could determine whether this particular scum group is "kill off experienced players!!!!!!!!" or if they have a different tactic.

But now that Jamie gets replaced I'm for the moment not completely sure if we should lynch him. I want to give the replacement a chance to catch up.

Yeah I was null on Jamie's lynch before but right now i'm anti-hammer so that our new friend gets the chance to play.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
bless

That's the kind of posts I was missing, koki bby i missed u
let the game begin :uwu:

You're all completely right, what I did was basically what I was saying no one did, I poked at you. But WIFOM and all that. Am I scum or paranoid town?????? But regarding what you were saying, in TF2 mafia Pendio was the one talking about you, right, but people were forming opinions based off that right? (I haven't re-read it because I'm not in it but potato) And from what I remember people were finding you suspicious right? Which is why you had to do the whole talk-about-your-playstyle and whatnot. jsin that normally by this time people acknowledge you but it's just weird that hardly anybody has mentioned any kind of read on you at all. (speaking of reads, i don't even have one on you tbh)

anyway point of all that is that i haven't forgotten you exist but apparently everyone else has which is strange. I wish we had another night of kills so we could determine whether this particular scum group is "kill off experienced players!!!!!!!!" or if they have a different tactic.

Yeah I was null on Jamie's lynch before but right now i'm anti-hammer so that our new friend gets the chance to play.
This is somewhat of a strange game alright. I mean, day 1 was just day 1. The first night was a tad odd, and the second night left us with 0 things to discuss. Add to that some inactivity, and the only the things that have thus actually been worthy of discussing so far have been Storm's claim and Jamie. I do feel, however, that with the current Jamie discussion we are getting a lot of information. People are talking right now, alternative theories are created and being discussed. So I think we're at a turning point.

The only thing we can wonder about, concerning the mafia, is whether the reason that this game has been so low-key could be attributed to them. I mean, a janitor kill on Deku during night 1, no kill on night 2. What if that was on purpose? If that would be the case, we would know something about the mafia. At least they would be clever enough to play that game. But the truth is, that with only 1 kill, that is just a completely random theory. But perhaps another night might indeed show us a bit more.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
The only thing we can wonder about, concerning the mafia, is whether the reason that this game has been so low-key could be attributed to them. I mean, a janitor kill on Deku during night 1, no kill on night 2. What if that was on purpose? If that would be the case, we would know something about the mafia. At least they would be clever enough to play that game. But the truth is, that with only 1 kill, that is just a completely random theory. But perhaps another night might indeed show us a bit more.
Well I don't think the mafia purposely tried not to kill, first off it would make the game take forever, but also in the scene Viral himself said nothing happened, but not for a lack of trying. Now it's possible that the only action could be a potential vigilante or potential serial killer and the mafia did actually refrain from making a kill, but I don't think it's very likely.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
okay okay you guys

plot twist

hear me out

So I'm an idiot and I didn't realize this until just now: Storm did not block Jamie/Sadia last night. Jamie targeted me and I know for a fact that the action was successful. Either Storm got redirected or he was blocked or his action failed, or he's lying.

I don't know what this means, but I do know that Jamie/Sadia is clear from that particular point against him/her/slot. Say what you will about the rest of the accusations but the action performed on me was successful.

I'm so sorry about bringing this up so late.

Vote: Extension

so we can get some discussion in.

I screwed up i'm so sorry i didn't even realize fml my play is so bad this game

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Right, I spent most of time looking for suspicious people while reading the thread, but thought that my first post should be on defending myself (or, defending Jamie) given the current vote tally.

So, I believe that there are two main reasons people are voting me right now:

1) Inactivity. Many factors could play into this, such as having a busy life. It does not have to correlate with alignment. I find it quite silly that people are using this actually this, and Jamie's former games. Every game is different, everybody can have different circumstances.

2) Storm said he blocked me last night, and nobody got killed. Okay, first of all, there could be many reasons for someone not being NK'd. Dctor protection, inactive mafia, etc.

Second of all, I'm not saying Storm is lying. He could, be very well telling the truth (or he could be lying lol) and actually blocked me. However, I'm going to say very carefully that he did not succeed. My night action went through, and I can prove it as well. Refer to gummy's post above. Therefore, not only did Storm's blocking fail, but now you know I don't have a killing action.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Um... How come you did not realize this until just now? It is a pretty big deal.

@ALIT, no, not a Loud modifier. I don't like to get into it because ROLES XDDDD but I was 100% for a fact targeted last night and the action was successful. It was not a murder attempt. I do not know her exact role (meaning whether this ability is primary or secondary).

I'm so sorry I feel like I'm posting unnecessarily wordy and slowly and I feel so bad for not noticing this before :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom