• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Kirino: Read Mafia Revival. you'll get the Joke

Pendio: Who do you think is The Town Roleblocker ( RoleClaim. Oh!!!!!!)? I blocked Deku, and Only Deku gets Killed. Next Night I block Jamie. No kills. and here we are. 3 votes on storm out of 7 needed. I don't mind walking this day out like this.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
@Kirino @Jamie @Toxic_Snowman

It would be nice to hear your thoughts about the current state of the game.

I think the state of the game is terrible okay. There does seem to be some confusion among the Town, especially since we don't have many leads.

I've been seeing the majority of people willing to vote have been pointing fingers at Storm, and I get where the suspicion is coming from. He does seem to be mainly getting on bandwagons, and not contributing much else. But he is doing a bit better from other games, I'd say. I mean, he hasn't claimed Doctor yet, right XD? I'm going to keep an eye on him, but not vote yet.

I feel like we should talk more about last night. It does seem, from the night scene, that someone was protected. Whether this was self protection, or protection from a Doctor, we don't know. There is the possibility of two Doctor roles, considering each person seems to have two roles, and that almost guarantees doubles of at least one role, so I wouldn't rule that out. Maybe there was a regular Doctor, and someone still alive with a self protect version, or something? I'm not sure, but it did seem to stall progress from the Mafia, which is an upside.

I don't have any other suspicions, aside from the initial suspicions of the inactive players (Ironically, I'm pretty much one of those players :/).

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I just love when I post outdated opinions coincidentally right after someone claims. But anyway...

I don't think that completely gets rid of my suspicions, but after two other games with claims that were true-ish, I'm inclined to believe you, Storm. If you suspect Jamie that strongly, perhaps it might be worth questioning him more, to maybe get some more opinions. This might just be Mafia leading us astray, but what else do we have?

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio: Who do you think is The Town Roleblocker ( RoleClaim. Oh!!!!!!)? I blocked Deku, and Only Deku gets Killed. Next Night I block Jamie. No kills. and here we are. 3 votes on storm out of 7 needed. I don't mind walking this day out like this.

Hmm... Alright, assuming you are telling the truth I can now understand where you are coming from regarding Jamie. That fact that you assume DN was an SK is still a long shot theory, but whatever. That does not really matter right now.

It is 04:40 AM here right now and I am pretty tired. I will think about this some more and return with more insight on it tomorrow.

Another role claim? Really? Well, role with the punches.

While I am suspicious of Jamie, just because you blocked him once, doesn't mean he's scum. For all you know a doctor could have saved Mafia's target.

I'm not quite ready to vote for Jamie because of that.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
While I am suspicious of Jamie, just because you blocked him once, doesn't mean he's scum. For all you know a doctor could have saved Mafia's target.

I'm not quite ready to vote for Jamie because of that.
This. There are plenty of reasons why there wasn't a night kill, and i've said a few (re-iterating: slow modifiers, strong modifiers, even just regular old bulletproof roles). Along with that, your word is not law. Just because you claimed (as usual, which no one asked for, as usual) doesn't mean we can absolutely 100% trust you.

Let me gather my opinion on whether or not I think you're scum. other info may be present when i next post idfk

@A Link In Time sorry if you've already said something along these lines but i absolutely cannot remember. who are you most and least suspicious of? First and second choice for lynch?

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I woke up this morning seeing another claim.. eh.. I needed some time to think about what to do with this. But here is my response.

First though. I really do not understand a single word from this post. Has nothing to do with this post being scummish or townish, I just really don't understand what's written here.

Okay. So Here is How the List Looks

Pendio
Storm
Malon-House Falcon (Courier,Tracker)

A Link in Time
Toxic Snowman
PokaLink-House Bear ( Doctor,Executioner)

Jamie
Kokirion
Dekunut-???(Possible SK(More than likely))(Washed)

LittleGumball
Johnny Sooshi
Kirino
Frozen Chosen

Day 2 was full of Inactive voting. first with VerGAGG ( Now Soul(Now Kirino)), then Mido(Now FroCho) who told us to give him one more night to do something, and for all we know, he didn't.

Fro Cho, you're his House's Rep this time, what say you on this matter?

and Then Pokalink, who was kind of a curveball in-between town and 3rd party.

I don't give a **** about soft claiming and hard claiming and the like. We have to work together to cut out our cancers.

getting to Pendio's query:

I am feeling some suspicion on Jamie. maybe Jamie and Fro Cho are scumbuds, and that is why he tried to save him last day. I mean Jamie is a veteran in the Biz, and One of The Mods for it all with our Boi Johnny Sooshi. like LG-chan said earlier, not much to go on. also I love how you guys are pairing me with People.... I'm just a guy slammed with work, so I'm not posting as much as previous games. I will attempt to give substance in concurrent posts.

another explanation, maybe whoever did the killing in the mafia had a Slow modifier? Maybe the mafia also tried to hit someone with the Strong modifier?
That is also a really good theory. And it highlights once more how many options there are in this game. You're absolutely right, there are quite a bunch of reasonable explanations right now.

Since I know who targeted me last night, this person must have either a clumsy or loud modifier. Normally I'd suspect I was under cop investigation, but given the strange nature of this game, I'm not entirely sure anymore. I'm still open to the possibility that @Storm is town, but the way he has been playing is rather scummy.
Interesting.
Please, do not reveal who this is for it may very well be a cop, but let me ask you one thing: Was it Storm or not? If it's Storm I'll vote for him right away, he could not have roleblocked Jamie AND targeted you at the same time (at least not likely). If that's the case, he's probably lying. If it's not Storm however, it could've been any alignment.

Hmm... Alright, assuming you are telling the truth I can now understand where you are coming from regarding Jamie. That fact that you assume DN was an SK is still a long shot theory, but whatever. That does not really matter right now.

It is 04:40 AM here right now and I am pretty tired. I will think about this some more and return with more insight on it tomorrow.
Yes, that SK theory is a load of bull****. Nevertheless, the current claim is not uninteresting. I didn't know what to think about it at first. Storm is actually part of the select group of people that has fakeclaimed at ZD in the past. I'm also not that happy with claiming anymore as I was quite open about last day. However... after thinking it through I concluded that this does is a slightly different claim. You're not claiming a role persé, but you have result(s). That makes it tactically speaking a good claim, in my opinion. We shouldn't overdo claiming, but claiming in itself should also not be restricted. I also do think your claim was rather pointless. You only roleblocked Jamie and no kill occured. I mean, there could be so many explanations for why no kill happened. But from your perspective I do understand why you would see this as significant.

For that reason, for now I'll believe you. Actually, I was thinking, if you would be scum, and if Jamie would flip town you would be in a difficult position. For that reason, if you are truly scum, I'd guess you would probably claim something important and do not attack a for you "known" townie this heavily. That seems like only someone who thinks there is a genuine chance that person is scum would do.

Like I said, I'm not sold about this "evidence" that Jamie is scum. It indeed increases the likelyhood that he is scum, but only so little. I do have so far always been suspicious of him already and am therefore not principally opposing a Jamie lynch.
I think his recent inactivity AND the fact that quite a bunch of people have tried to softly keep him away from danger makes me suspicious about him.

What do others think about a possible Jamie lynch?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
@A Link In Time sorry if you've already said something along these lines but i absolutely cannot remember. who are you most and least suspicious of? First and second choice for lynch?

With Storm's role claim, I am most suspicious of Jamie right now. He has been a lot less proactive than usual this game, and a lot of his posts have been fairly generic and obvious, pointing out that people shouldn't hammer Mido (now FroCho) just yet and talking about how he wants to see less claiming on ZD. As you and Frozen pointed out, Storm's roleblock may not mean Jamie is scum, especially given the modifiers in this game, but it's the only solid lead we have right now. I don't have any other serious suspicions, but I do find it strange that Jamie stepped in to protect Mido, and now Frozen Chosen is doing the same for Jamie. Conveniently enough, Frozen Chosen also forgot the doctor has already died. There's a possibility this might be a panicky scum move, but I could be reading too much into it.

kokirion said:
Please, do not reveal who this is for it may very well be a cop, but let me ask you one thing: Was it Storm or not? If it's Storm I'll vote for him right away, he could not have roleblocked Jamie AND targeted you at the same time (at least not likely). If that's the case, he's probably lying. If it's not Storm however, it could've been any alignment.

No, it was not Storm, hence I am no longer suspicious of him. My past suspicion was mainly due to the fact that I thought he might be fake claiming cop.

Like I said, I'm not sold about this "evidence" that Jamie is scum. It indeed increases the likelyhood that he is scum, but only so little. I do have so far always been suspicious of him already and am therefore not principally opposing a Jamie lynch.
I think his recent inactivity AND the fact that quite a bunch of people have tried to softly keep him away from danger makes me suspicious about him.

Everything you said right here is what I'm feeling as well. I've already stated my suspicions on Jamie in my first post today, so I think a Jamie lynch could be good.

But if Jamie turns up town, I think Storm may be fake claiming again.

Anywho, since no one has any other suspicions at the moment, I'm going to go ahead and vote.

Vote: Jamie

Pen

The game is on!
Unvote

I am not particularly in favour of a Jamie lynch. However, I also cannot suggest anything else at the moment so I guess I would accept it. @Jamie what do you have to say for yourself?

I do find it strange that Jamie stepped in to protect Mido, and now Frozen Chosen is doing the same for Jamie.

This is a very interesting point. I would love to hear what @Frozen Chosen and @Jamie have to say about this.

Also, on another note (and you do not have to confirm or deny this ALIT), am I the only one who has gotten the feeling that ALIT is trying to soft claim Tracker? This would be rather suspicious seeing as the Tracker is already dead. I am just pointing it out to spawn some more discussion. I am not saying this is necessarily scummy.

This is a very interesting point. I would love to hear what @Frozen Chosen and @Jamie have to say about this.

Am I protecting him? I've stated that I'm suspicious of both Storm and Jamie. The fact that Storm roleclaimed and assumed that Jamie must be Mafia because he blocked him, isn't a completely solid argument, in my opinion. However, there really isn't any other leads right now, so I'm fine with a Jamie lynch.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Interesting.

Actually that's very possible. I haven't used my powers yet, but I have received a modifier that could allow this.

I'm interested in hearing from Jamie but I'm also going to throw my vote on him rn because I wanna put some pressure on first.

Vote: Jamie

Personally I think Storm's claim wasn't bad in this game. It can be very useful in this game for actually getting scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom