• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I do not see how the Mafia (or whoever the killer is) could have known DN's role before they performed the kill on him. Using a Janitor ability could be a smart move on the Mafia's part this early on because it gives the game a very slow start, which obviously is bad for the discussion and for the Town. Then there is also the possibility that whoever killed DN has a passive Janitor ability in addition to the kill (maybe it has a certain percentual chance of triggering), in which case they did not have a choice of covering it up or not. I am just theorizing here though.
Fair point. That is indeed a good possibility. That might also lessen the chance that this janitor is specifically mafia, practically everyone could have it as a secundary or passive ability. Although I do think it's more likely that last night's kill was from the mafia because Viral has probably secured that they already have a killing ability during the first night. And with only 1 kill last night, I think it's most likely from the mafia.
But that too would assume that no other kill was stopped. Hypothetically it's not impossible that a few kills were prevented by a doctor/roleblocker or whatever.

Is there anyone you're wary of right now, Pendio?

kokirion

Can't say. I think the wiki at Mafiascum would say janitors usually learn that player's role, so take from that what you will. But then again, I'm me and this game is not a standard one, so take from that what you will.

teehee____george_by_snape_potionsmaster-d32absd.gif
No problem, that's understandable. But yeah, I do indeed think there's a good chance the one that killed Dekunut knows his role. I mean, it's quite the common rule and if that person doesn't know it either what reason would he/she have to use it? In that case Pendio's theory that the one who killed Deku did not use the janitor ability on purpose might be likely

Pen

The game is on!
Is there anyone you're wary of right now, Pendio?

Not really. It is really hard since not only do we not know DN's role, but DN also voted for Malon yesterday (who got lynched). So we do not really have any leads at all right now. Or at least I cannot find anything to go off of right now. It would be great of course if all of the still living players of the game would speak up and share their thoughts and ideas. The more discussion the better. Do you have anyone you are particularly wary of, Kirion?

kokirion

Not really. It is really hard since not only do we not know DN's role, but DN also voted for Malon yesterday (who got lynched). So we do not really have any leads at all right now. Or at least I cannot find anything to go off of right now. It would be great of course if all of the still living players of the game would speak up and share their thoughts and ideas. The more discussion the better. Do you have anyone you are particularly wary of, Kirion?
I was looking through the thread, but not yet, really. The problem is that not a lot happened on day 1, aside from the usual fluff. And with Deku's role concealed it's quite hard to say something about that as well. Although that does not prevent us from asking the question WHY he was killed. I'll think about that for a bit, and will come back later with my thoughts on that.

I did see LG starting this day by voting for Storm, but I don't really see why. Would be nice if she eleborates on that. I'm fine with lynching storm if he's truly showing scummy signs, but discussing the alignments (and trying to lynch) Storm and Malon at the beginning of every day is equally stupid and unfounded. But maybe I missed something.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
k i'm too lazy to quote things but here we go

I voted for Storm for a couple reasons.
pointless:
(if you read the post where i actually voted you can see some gibberish trying to form a coherent sentence, that's my original attempt at an explanation (honestly idek why i say things, they never come out right (where tf is my thumbs up emote (screw it i'm replacing it with sanec :sonic:))))

The first (which i gibberished about earlier) is blind trust of Malon for literally zero reason. The second was to create conversation for Day 2 because Day 2 is basically a less terrible Day 1 :D

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I wonder, it would make sense if the mafia would know Deku's role. Otherwise, why bother using a janitor ability.. I mean most people will assume he's town regardless of whether his identity is revealed or not, so wouldn't the mafia also like to know WHO they shot?

I do not see how the Mafia (or whoever the killer is) could have known DN's role before they performed the kill on him. Using a Janitor ability could be a smart move on the Mafia's part this early on because it gives the game a very slow start, which obviously is bad for the discussion and for the Town. Then there is also the possibility that whoever killed DN has a passive Janitor ability in addition to the kill (maybe it has a certain percentual chance of triggering), in which case they did not have a choice of covering it up or not. I am just theorizing here though.

Pendio hit the nail on the head. The less we know as a town, the worse of an advantage we have.

Pen

The game is on!
Although that does not prevent us from asking the question WHY he was killed. I'll think about that for a bit, and will come back later with my thoughts on that.

The only explanation I can see as to why the Mafia killed DN (assuming it was the Mafia who did it), is because DN voted for the person who got lynched yesterday, which leaves us at a dead end with very little to discuss.

where did you get that gif of pendio???????

You know, it's far from the first time I am compared to him, but I just cannot see the similarities myself.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
honestly i can see Storm killing Dek:unu:t just bc they're friends

idk who else would kill him though? he was active yesterday so idk it's not like the mafia is doing the no-info tactic. Unless this is another round of Kill the players with experience!!!!!!!!!™ tactic in which case why didn't they go for a known dangerous player like Pendio or Kokirion?

like honestly Jamie would have been the prime target bc he's great as town and he didn't do anything on day 1.

This post was supposed to be much shorter but i keep having Late Night Theories™ that make sense to me rn but might not make sense later [this one was redacted because it was stupid]

so anyway yeah that concludes Lg's Conspiracy Theory Corner™

tune in next time for When Will LG Stop Using the Trademark Symbol™

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
@Toxic_Snowman i know i need to feed my ego with likes and stuff but stop liking my posts and not making any posts yourself

:]
Sorry, I'll make sure to post and like in even amounts from now on :)

There isn't much to go off of right now, so there isn't much room for discussion, but we can at least speculate. It seems like, as people have said, the Mafia is trying to confuse us, by giving us less to talk about (Assuming it was the Mafia who killed last night, and not some third-party, as it very well may be possible that the Mafia got unlucky and can't kill yet, or something like that). I'd still like to know if Mafia/Third Party can see who they killed when using Janitor abilities, but I doubt that we will know anytime soon. Other than that, there really isn't much to go off of right now, except for what occurs during the Day phase. Give it a couple of days, and I'm sure people will have some suspicions based on actions and reactions during this Day.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Great well discussion doesn't happen when nobody posts

@A Link In Time @Ver-go-a-go-go @Mido @PokaLink I'm calling all of you out the day started almost two days ago and none of you have said a single word so cmon up and at em folks i came here to play a game not dick around and twiddle my thumbs
i swear if i spend this game trying to get people to talk i am going to be so unhappy i'm always either dead or trying to make something out of nothing because nobody else tries =^)

@Storm and @Jamie your posts don't count because they're just filler pls contribute friends :uwu:
(also storm i realize that by asking how people slept you're opening the door for potential softclaims but pls don't do that, 1. i don't appreciate claiming, it makes the game unfun; 2. claims are unnecessary this early in the game (except for cop getting a guilty result on someone and they fear death (but note to cop in case they are unexperienced don't actually claim (unless it's late game) you can easily push for a lynch instead of having to expose yourself and demand doctor protection every night :) )))

@Pendio @kokirion @Johnny Sooshi thanks friends for actually saying words in your posts

@Toxic_Snowman tagging you just because

there now everyone has been notified and no one can be all "oh i didn't know the day started =^)" so now nobody has an excuse

Mido

Version 1
"Oh, I didn't know the day started"-er, yeah, that's a bunch of hogwash. I knew the day started, I'm just a frustrated fellow who needs to finally get somewhere in this game and grow some family jewels. Anyways:
honestly i can see Storm killing Dek:unu:t just bc they're friends

idk who else would kill him though? he was active yesterday so idk it's not like the mafia is doing the no-info tactic. ?

like honestly Jamie would have been the prime target bc he's great as town and he didn't do anything on day 1. [/QUOTE

I suppose in one sense though, killing DekuNut acted as a no info tactic regardless of the suspected janitor wipe. Aside from Malon, he was the most targeted the day before, which could have acted as a potential lead. In essence, I agree with Johnny here:

Honestly, Deku was probably a curveball. Nothing more than something to keep us guessing. With the little activity on Day 1, anyone could be this way.

You mention Jamie, and I know that you questioned him before about his drop-in, drop-out vote on Malon. From my perspective, while the abrupt action appears suspicious, I can understand his given reasoning. However, despite his reasonable reasons, if we are to assume that the Mafia spared him, we have one of two possibilities.

1. Jamie is scum assuring a quick lynch, which is primarily supplemented at this early point by his living through Night 1 despite being a red-level threat as a townie.

2. The Mafia may have been aware of Jamie's questionable action from the previous day, and used the opportunity to spare the fellow in order to frame said fellow.

I am still not sold that Jamie is scum, but I am keeping it in the recesses of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom