• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia Emblem Gaiden: Scum of Valentia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well that's just absurd. If he's a third party who wins with either side, he still has a vote and has no reason to help the mafia more than the town. I've had a third party role like that before, and the way I saw it, I had better odds helping the town. I can see wanting to lynch him if you think he's mafia, but if you potentially buy his claim that he's third party, there's no more cause to lynch him than funnier, from a purely numbers standpoint. You'd be better off investigating some of the other players.
Well that's the thing, I don't think he is telling the truth at all. I could maybe be convinced to vote elsewhere, I just don't think voting funnier like Krow wants us to is a good idea.

Here's my thought process. Yeah voting funnier today will be helpful to figuring out Krow. If funnier is Town that's a mislynch, we go after Krow tomorrow. Alternatively, is funnier happens to be a Mafioso than Krow is seemingly cleared. There's still a possibility however that Krow is a Mafioso and he decided to bus funnier to win over the trust of the town, and that can't be ruled out.

Either way we learn something, but honestly the latter mentioned scenario isn't ideal imo. Sure Krow can get investigated down the line, but he may very well be the godfather and would be investigation proof.

That said, I still feel better about voting Krow and dealing with funnier later, possibliy having our cop investigate funnier at some point.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Here's my thought process. Yeah voting funnier today will be helpful to figuring out Krow. If funnier is Town that's a mislynch, we go after Krow tomorrow. Alternatively, is funnier happens to be a Mafioso than Krow is seemingly cleared. There's still a possibility however that Krow is a Mafioso and he decided to bus funnier to win over the trust of the town, and that can't be ruled out.

Either way we learn something, but honestly the latter mentioned scenario isn't ideal imo. Sure Krow can get investigated down the line, but he may very well be the godfather and would be investigation proof.

That said, I still feel better about voting Krow and dealing with funnier later, possibliy having our cop investigate funnier at some point.

I follow this logic, but the opposite could be just as true instead.

Voting Krow today would be helpful to figuring out funnier. If Krow isn't mafia, we go after funnier tomorrow. Alternatively, if Krow happens to be mafia then funnier is seemingly cleared. There's still a possibility however that funnier is Mafia and he decided to bus Krow to win over the trust of the town, and that can't be ruled out.

Either way we learn something, but honestly the latter scenario isn't idea. Sure funnier can be investigated down the line, but he may well be the godfather and would be investigation proof

I personally feel better about voting funnier and dealing with Krow later, possibly having our cop investigate Krow at some point. I think his nameclaim adds credibility, and I already don't feel good about funnier. If funnier flips town, I axe Krow next. SOMEONE's getting lynched today, and I was already inclined to vote funnier, Krow just seemed to back up my assertions.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I follow this logic, but the opposite could be just as true instead.

Voting Krow today would be helpful to figuring out funnier. If Krow isn't mafia, we go after funnier tomorrow. Alternatively, if Krow happens to be mafia then funnier is seemingly cleared. There's still a possibility however that funnier is Mafia and he decided to bus Krow to win over the trust of the town, and that can't be ruled out.

Either way we learn something, but honestly the latter scenario isn't idea. Sure funnier can be investigated down the line, but he may well be the godfather and would be investigation proof

I personally feel better about voting funnier and dealing with Krow later, possibly having our cop investigate Krow at some point. I think his nameclaim adds credibility, and I already don't feel good about funnier. If funnier flips town, I axe Krow next. SOMEONE's getting lynched today, and I was already inclined to vote funnier, Krow just seemed to back up my assertions.
You know, now that you brought that up, you're right, either way we're in the same situation. If you really feel like funnier is where we should go, I'll do it, regardless of my gut feelings.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I'm here
- @LittleGumball I 100% agree with the alit/frozenchosen partner suspicion
I have felt that way since ALIT started asking him questions but hadn't said anything as it feels really out of left field
- good old thunderdome but I'm actually concerned about a bus driver
Basically I think we should lynch funnier and not worry about if krow is telling the truth for now
Whoever asks me why is a wolf

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Town bus drivers are pretty common.
i had thought they weren't so that's my mistake i guess. i checked on the wiki and it says any alignment but i thought that i had read they normally weren't town.
Self healing doctors are very very very rare and I don't think I've ever been in a game with one so I don't buy that.
*flashbacks to AA mafia*
I'm currently inclined to believe him.
so how does that make you feel about funnier? do you think funnier targeted minish or do you think someone moved the target?

as for me i've thought it over and i'd rather go for krow first. i'm less willing to trust third party. he wins no matter what as long as he's alive, who's to say he won't switch sides when it's convenient? along with that it's so easy to claim third party who turns up as Not Town. (easy to claim miller for that matter but i haven't seen a miller in ages)

i also feel this way because of my funnier town read but ehhhh

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
First of all, ignoring the possibility of a bus driver existing
No reason for krow to lie about the *specifics* of his role, that is, I believe he saw funnier visit minish last night or made it appear as though funnier visited minish, the first being more likely. I can sort of see the flavor behind the role as though it's a sort of neutral ally to both sides. Not sure if it's in flavor for fire weeblem but it is a flavor.
I want to point out that being able to guard yourself is highly unusual but becomes much less unusual as a one shot save.
Funnier saying to put it off until overnight is typically wolfy.
Krow panicking about dying overnight is a little bit weird since I believe that happened before he claimed one shot doctor? That part is potentially a lie, but I'm not sure why he would lie about that specifically...
I know I have problems with arrogance and self assuredness but even if funnier flips town I would not go after krow afterwards. If funnier flips town I think it means there was a bus driver, but it would also mean his role is one that receives no result (he would have been able to tell us the result if he was redirected). Funnier is very likely to be mafia. My overconfidence speaking, this is not a play mafia makes as krow.
Vote: funnier

If funnier flips wolf I have too many wolf possibilities at this point in the game :D

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
but it would also mean his role is one that receives no result (he would have been able to tell us the result if he was redirected)
if he investigated minish he would have seen who she visited (no one), who visited her (mafia), or she would have turned up innocent. clearly he didn't see who visited her and we know she's innocent so this doesn't mean anything regarding what his role could be. he has no info on who he originally targeted (that's assuming his role is even investigative) because his new target became minish. if he got an innocent result he can't even trust that because it regards minish, not his original target

I'm here
- @LittleGumball I 100% agree with the alit/frozenchosen partner suspicion
I have felt that way since ALIT started asking him questions but hadn't said anything as it feels really out of left field
- good old thunderdome but I'm actually concerned about a bus driver
Basically I think we should lynch funnier and not worry about if krow is telling the truth for now
Whoever asks me why is a wolf

If you think I'm distancing from him, I'm not. I'm thinking about how likely it is that funnier was redirected right now and whether or not to vote him or move my vote to Frozen instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom