• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia D: The Sith Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I dont regret anything. I dont even regret defending that ALIT wasnt given any proper means to defend himself because I know a bit about how his day is and I wouldnt trade him ever....

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
hashtagsupport

When the game has become generally dry, then ending the Day sooner helps turn up clues due to the lynchee's and Night Kill targets' roles being shown eventually. I really want to see what becomes of this scenario. This deadlock between Viral Maze and Zenox presents a lot of ideas, but isn't picking up course as both of them are rigorously defending their standpoints. As such my suspicions are dissolving toward them both, which is essentially what I meant by my statement last night about "starting to lose credibility in Zenox"; or rather, his plan. Viral has made seemingly legitimate rebuttals to every argument, despite the questionable redirecting circumstance, the one reason that I maintain my vote on him.

Now I would like to propose a different perspective. Day 3 has had a bundle of inactive players who have only appeared for the most part if their names are brought up. This is an argument I bring up a lot in Mafia games, during such cases as this one, but it's something I always consider a possibility―the possibility being that the Sith are hiding among the inactives. This happens to be a commonplace scum trait because it allows them to lay low while two or more Townies brawl it out, and tensions rise so much that they look suspicious. Then other Townies start voting, and the mafiosos join in. It's an effective and deadly tactic to the Town/Jedi Order if executed correctly.

By my reckoning, this is a list of largely inactive players:

Kazumi
Erebea
Raindrop14
Darknut_Hunter
Rachel
TheMasterSword
Keeseman
Durion
PK Flash

As I said, there's a chance that some of these players are scum. Maybe we can come up with some sort of plan before the Day's end. Worth looking into, in my opinion.

Rachel

be vigitant
I was typing up a post yesterday about AGWAF yesterday but when I previewed it to check the bold formatting, I was too slow and was ninja'd. Zenox had targeted Viral, and so targeting AGWAF wouldn't really continue the discussion or help the town and would make me look like I was trying to quickly pull the focus off of Viral.

I'm going to rely on Zenox's knowledge of KOTOR and the Wiki article he provided for the strange night scene. The redirector idea sounds possible. No one can say whether Austin did or did not put in a certain role or ability, however I think Zenox and Thareous bring up a good point in that there really are not any KOTOR characters that fit that role. As to Viral claiming bulletproof townie, he could be telling the truth or lying, as within any Mafia game. Besides AGWAF, Viral is the only one, at least in my opinion, who is suspicious. Zenox could be playing games with us as well, but it's hard to tell right now.

Vote: Viral Maze

I don't think the discussion is going to move forward anymore.

#support

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
#oppose

I appreciate this, but I've already decided who I'm going to kill tonight.

You honestly have nothing to fear >_> I don't know why you're against it.
Lynch the scummiest player (themed nightscenes aside) and vig me. I'll stop it, you'll see what dude I am. Thus we have another confirmed townie at the start of the next day. It's win-win because though my guy might wear grey, I'm not composed of grey flesh.

EBDP: alive confirmed townies > dead confirmed townies

Just in case people forgot that

#oppose

You honestly have nothing to fear >_> I don't know why you're against it.
Lynch the scummiest player (themed nightscenes aside) and vig me. I'll stop it, you'll see what dude I am. Thus we have another confirmed townie at the start of the next day. It's win-win because though my guy might wear grey, I'm not composed of grey flesh.

EBDP: alive confirmed townies > dead confirmed townies

Just in case people forgot that

Everyone can be neutral for all I care, confirmed townies don't mean :cucco: to me. I want to find the hostiles, not the allies.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
ALIT had quite enough time to defend himself, even considering your excuses for him. He was active for a long enough time to come up with a defense, but his defense just wasn't nearly as strong as Zenox's accusations on him, true or false. And hey, they turned out to be (kind of mostly) true.

I never said he had a strong or weak defence. Im just saying that just because someone is online doesnt mean they have the opportunity to post. I never said that he wasnt right. Im just saying that was honestly a bit of BS hammering him because he didnt post right away to Zenos wall of text.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Everyone can be neutral for all I care, confirmed townies don't mean :cucco: to me. I want to find the hostiles, not the allies.

Confirming allies gives you a better chance at finding hostiles...
You're still dancing around the subject. Why is my idea a bad idea?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, first off I guess I'll #oppose. Second, I've noticed Zenox's push to lynch Viral. Now his assumption that ALIT was scum wasn't wrong obviously, so we have some reason to believe him on this. But Viral has some reason in his point, that you can find enemies when you find allies. Although, you cannot confirm that the ally is an ally, just the same as not being able to confirm that the enemy is the enemy. So your kind of catching air with a net by trying to guess who the enemies are based off of who you think the allies are. It's easier to find the enemies than it is the allies.

Confirming allies gives you a better chance at finding hostiles...
You're still dancing around the subject. Why is my idea a bad idea?

To respond to the first sentence.

My wincon didn't state I win when I figure out who all the townies are, it states I win when the Sith have been wiped out.

Second, I don't think your idea is a bad idea, it just wastes valuable time. I could be chasing down my hunches and leads when you're asking that I throw all that away just so I can tell that you're a townie (you're not btw :) )

Austin

Austin
Note: In the event of a tie, which will be created if we get one more opposed, the day won't be shortened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom