• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia D: The Sith Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Austin
VOTE TALLY

A Link In Time - 3 (Zenox, Josh, Thareous)

Ten votes needed for a majority lynch.

I don't know about this. The beginning of the game suggests that someone else, other than ALIT, targeted Kybyrian during the Night phase. Whether they are Vigilante or Serial Killer, I have no idea.

Read the whole nightscene, Thareous.

I don't exactly see what in Austin's post makes it clear that your target (ALiT) was the one holding up the gun at you, and not some other person.

I don't mean to accuse, but this to me seems like you haven't read my entire argument(s). They should clarify multiple times my case.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I don't mean to accuse, but this to me seems like you haven't read my entire argument(s). They should clarify multiple times my case.

I skimmed your wall of text, but I was just referring to Austin's post by itself (without your conjecture). It doesn't say that your target lined you up and spoke to you. Just that before you took the shot, someone interfered.

I did just re-read it now, and though this is the part I found a little ambiguous:
"All three laser sights turned off, and its mark had moved on. The machine processed that it would have to give up for tonight"
I can see how it's worded in your favour, specifically how it says 'it's mark', that is if you are in fact the other HK unit (not HK-50). I do agree with you however, on the order of the dialogue, that the other machine is HK-50, since I definitely don't think ALiT is a bulletproof townie.

There is no counterclaim yet for vig (or HK-47), so I don't not believe your role, but I think ALiT's responses will polarize me (to one side or another).

Sorry for my absense, I had to drive over to my mom's house.

On the drive, I had an epiphany as to why my argument isn't working out as well as I figured.

My argument is assuming the reader has some general knowledge of KOTOR2.

I misinterpreted KOTOR2 as much more popular and widely-played and as such, it's likely very few of you actually know the lore behind this game. Austin's no-character-revealing rule is a real pain in the *** for me. (It's a beautiful thing what you're trying to do, but honestly it hinders arguments negatively rather than simply allowing us to speak it, which honestly can result in bulletproof alibi's, but it makes the argument I'm trying to make almost impossible) I'll tell you as much of the lore behind it as I can. KOTOR2 only has two HK units in the game.. The nightscene is a scene between two HK units. (Their speech pattern is stating the type of sentence they are about to say, (IE "Threat: If you don't hand over the staff I will kill you", that sort of thing) ) The way mafia works, the likelihood of there being two HK-50's is next to impossible.

I'm not allowed to say who I am, but I encourage you to research yourself (I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for you) and figure out who I am. This is the Wookiepedia page on HK-50. It has all you need to know.

KOTOR2 only has two HK units in the game..
This is what makes my argument so air-tight. The fact that there are two HK droids talking to each other, and I am accusing him of being HK-50 basically confirms who I am. Which confirms who he is, which confirms his role as anti-town. Whether or not he's the serial killer, while I am certain of it, is up for you to decide. Nonetheless, we have hit an anti-town and the severity that ALIT is is up to you to decide. Personally I don't view him as simply a goon. There are a number of (somewhat impossible) scenarios of the way this game is set up in my head that would place HK-50 at a third party role where he is not the serial killer. (More like an activator role for the third party serial killer or whatnot [being G0-T0] in that case) but knowing Austin, the likelihood of this game being that complex is questionable at best.

If you know KOTOR2 at all, the HK-50 class of droids in this game do nothing but hinder the player. They attempt to assassinate him various times. (three to be precise; though don't quote me on that, I'm not completely finished with the game) Whether or not you view HK-50 as the serial killer or not is somewhat irrelevant. HK-50 is an anti-town role. Simply reading about his role in KOTOR2 should confirm this. The objective is to irradicate the Anti-Town roles, so I say, Mafia Goon or Serial Killer, ALIT needs to die.

My vote will be held until ALIT properly defends himself. Although, I must admit, things are already looking very grim for him.

?!? You haven't voted for him yet ... ???

EBWODP: **** I'm an idiot. I read that as "my vote will be held onto ALIT ... " sorry please continue about your day

I can see your evidence Zenox but I'm still inclined to see ALIT's counter first. At the very least it's personal assurance.

Honestly, I don't see what isn't confirming the fact that ALIT is anti-town already. Honestly, ALIT will just try to weasel his way out of this one.

Also, I think the thing I told Xindi (the travels in groups thing) explains why there are multiple lasers pointed at me. Though it's strange that Austin would make his role more than one person, I admit, it makes sense in-game. Still kinda wondering Why Austin did it.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
After looking for tangibilities, I'm gonna

Vote: ALiT

The way I see it, lynch ALIT, ALiT flips scum/HK-50, Zenox is pretty clear. If not, we go for Zenox tomorrow. I'm more inclined to believe Zenox though.

Kazumi

chagy
After the evidence that Zenox has brought up I find it hard to see it any other way. Regardless of whether ALIT is scum or third-party, he still needs to go.

Vote: A Link in Time

Kirino

Tatakae
After looking over all of Zenox's posts, and doing some character research, I'm almost certain he's telling the truth, and that ALIT is anti-town. If ALIT is HK-50, which Zenox has pretty much proven to be the case, then there isn't anything he could be besides anti-town.

Vote: A Link in Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom