• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern LoZ Timeline: Will It Restrict Them in the End?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
No. You're wrong. The adult timeline is the timeline where Link IS sent back in time to his childhood, and link isn't there anymore to stop evil, ya dig?
The child timeline is the timeline of the Link who was set back to his childhood. Do you understand the split? One is the present where they sent Link back, and one is of the timeline of the sent back Link.

Now wait, how does that make sense, cuz then you are implying that the Link from TP is the same link from MM, from what i can understand, and there NO WAY that can be the case

Great... now im even more confused!

Salem

SICK
Now wait, how does that make sense, cuz then you are implying that the Link from TP is the same link from MM, from what i can understand, and there NO WAY that can be the case

Great... now im even more confused!
Now is the time for a facepalm.:wynaut:

No, its not the same Link.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Now is the time for a facepalm.:wynaut:

No, its not the same Link.

Im sorry yall i guess i just dont get it! and yeah i KNOW its not the same link. thats why i dont see how they are two different timelines, please, without being a rude ***, someone explain this!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
The Link from TP takes place in the same TIMELINE as the Link from MM.

End of OoT: Link is sent back in time. This is where the split is. There is one timeline with a child link leading into MM, and one timeline where Link is not there because he was sent back. 100s of years after MM, TP happens, same timeline. WW happens in the other timeline.

So.... then the adult timeline is named that because this is the time period within hyrule where link is set back, and we stay with zelda... after Ganon was defeated, whereas the child timeline is basically saying due to Link being sent back and then warning the princess about Ganon, the events of OoT never happened, and link wanders off like a cowboy into the sunset.....into MM?

is that what it is? cuz i think im understanding! im still questioning a couple things, but those are petty!

The child time line i fully understood, so we dont need to talk about it anymore! im just trying to understand exactly whats up with the adult timeline, cuz that is what was confusing to me

Salem

SICK
Im sorry yall i guess i just dont get it! and yeah i KNOW its not the same link. thats why i dont see how they are two different timelines, please, without being a rude ***, someone explain this!
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude, I just wanted to lighten up the mood.

Its okay to be confused about it, since parallel timelines don't make since easily.

It like Xyphon said

Child timeline: link became a child again leads to MM and TP
Adult Timeline: Zelda sends Link back to his childhood, so he becomes non-existant in that timeline which leads to WW, PH and ST(although personally I would switch around this timeline with the cop-out timeline, that makes more since in my head, but its just me, God, I'm just rambling now).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom