• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

LoZ: 22nd Anniversary

S

Super Goombario

August 21st 1987, 22 years ago today, The Legend of Zelda was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in the United States. It became one of the most revolutionary RPGs of the time, and even introduced battery saving in a console game. But most importantly, it was the beginning of a legend that would span lands, species, and centuries.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Hear, hear! I completely forgot today was the day! Happy birthday to the greatest gaming series there is! I think at some point today everyone should boot up whatever version of LoZ they have and give it at least 5 minutes of playtime in celebration. :)

Kazumi

chagy
Yay. I also forgot that today was the day, you know with the forum attack and ZD's birthday and all. This calls for some celebration.. I shall play through the original Legend of Zelda today!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I can´t believe I missed this. Guess I have to do my celebrations today, today is also the day "Serie A" starts again, brand new season, Forza Juve! A lot of reason for celebration indeed ;)

S

Super Goombario

The greatest thing that ever happend to the world's 22nd annaversary. I can't belive its come this far! You get confete and stremers and I'll get the punch, 'cause we havin A party Woo Hoo!

A little late for that, the anniversary was yesterday.

Zelda is a RPG. It is an action based RPG (role playing game).

And as for the thread, I'd rather go by the original release date and anniversary.

A

Anthony

Happy Birthday to the Zelda Franchise! 22 years of greatness, keep it up Nintendo!

It has actually been just over 23 years since The Legend of Zelda (The Hyrule Fantasy) first released in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom