• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lord of the Rings Mafia - The Treason of Isengard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Role PMs:
Frodo Baggins
Mae g’ovannen, Big Octo! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Frodo Baggins, the Ringbearer.

During the night, you are immune to any action taken upon you, due to your Mithril mail.
You, along with the rest of the town, win when all members opposing the town have been destroyed. However, you yourself can only win if you survive until the end of the game; this part of your wincon does not apply to the rest of the town.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me. Please confirm that you have received and fully understand your role in the sign-up thread once you have received this message.
Keeseman

Sam Gamgee
Mae g’ovannen, PancakeSamurai! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Sam Gamgee, Servant to Frodo.

Your role is to protect Frodo, otherwise known as Big Octo, from being lynched during the day. If Frodo is lynched, you will head home to Hobbiton the night after he is killed, having failed your mission. You may contribute to the discussion for a full day, but after you leave during twilight, you will be counted as one of the dead.
Big Octo has no knowledge of your role, so you must do your best to protect him, without causing suspicion to be thrown on both you and him.
You, along with the rest of the town, win when all members opposing the town have been destroyed. However, you and Frodo can only win if Frodo survives until the end of the game; this part of your wincon does not apply to the rest of the town. If you die, but Frodo lives, you still win.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me. Please confirm that you have received and fully understand your role in the sign-up thread once you have received this message.
Keeseman

Peregrin Took (Pippin)
Mae g’ovannen, justac00lguy! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Peregrin (Pippin) Took, Best Friends with Merry.

You and musicfan (Merry) know the true identity of one another, but may not converse about the game outside of the game.
You win when all members opposing the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry)
Mae g’ovannen, musicfan! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Meriadoc (Merry) Brandybuck, Best Friends with Pippin.

You and justac00lguy (Pippin) know the true identity of one another, but may not converse about the game outside of the game.

Keeseman

Gandalf the Grey
Mae g’ovannen, Rachel! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Gandalf the Grey, Leader of the Fellowship.

Your role is basically that of a Mason Leader. Anyone on the Fellowship knows your role and is protected from being converted into a Wraith (a third party, similar to a cult, that opposes the town). Bilbo Baggins, or pkfroce, will start as a member of the Fellowship. You are also 1-shot Bulletproof.
During the night, you may choose one player to target for Fellowship Conversion. If the player is a Vanilla Townie, they will be converted. If that player is a Wraith, you will discover their role, and the conversion will fail. If you and the Witch King of Angmar (Wraith Leader whose job is to convert players to the Wraiths) target the same player, the conversion will fail for both sides. If the target is non-Vanilla or Mafia, the conversion will fail.
Be warned, your maximum amount of successful conversions is 3, meaning that after you have successfully converted 3 players, you may not convert any more. The maximum size of the Fellowship is thus 5 players. Members of the Fellowship may not converse outside the game.
Fellowship members will know your role, but will not know the roles of other Fellowship Members. If you die at any point, there will be no replacement for the Fellowship Leader role. This means that no more Townies can become Fellowship Members after your death.
Just as a warning, no one else at this point knows that there is a Third party, except pkfroce and the Wraiths themselves, of course. You win when all members opposing the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

Aragorn Ellesar
Mae g’ovannen, A Link In Time! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Aragorn Ellesar, Heir of Isildur.

Due to your charisma and influence as the Heir to the Throne of Gondor, you are the Doublevoter in this game, meaning that your vote counts as two. This second vote will be hidden until the hammer is laid down.

Keeseman

Legolas Greenleaf
Mae g’ovannen, fused_shadows! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Legolas Greenleaf, the Elven Tracker.

You role is that of a Cop, meaning that when you target a player during the night, you will learn their alignment, which will show as either Town or Mafia.
You win when all members opposing the town have been destroyed. Stop them before they take the Hobbits to Isengard.

Keeseman
I know I called him a tracker, but he was actually a cop. I just thought that the term "tracker" made more sense for flavour.

Gimli
Mae g’ovannen, LittleGumball! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Bil- um, I mean… You’re Gimli, the Dwarven Vigilante.

Like previously stated, you are the Vigilante, meaning that you can target one player – no matter what, it only counts as one – per night to attempt to kill.

Keeseman

Boromir
Mae g’ovannen, Mellow Ezlo! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Boromir, the Gondorian Bodyguard.

One does not simply just vote during the day. Each night, you may also target one player per night to follow. If that player is targeted to be nightkilled, you will take the hit instead (for Gondor, of course). Your killer will also die with you. This does not apply if you are targeted for death.

Keeseman

Elrond
Mae g’ovannen, Thareous! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Elrond, the Elven Healer.

Using your skills in Elvish healing, you may target one player per night to heal. If that player is targeted for a nightkill, they will not die.

Keeseman

Glorfindel
Mae g’ovannen, Johnny Sooshi! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Glorfindel.

No, this character is not in the movie, in case you did not recognise him. In the books, he carried Frodo upon Asfaloth (his horse, not Arwen’s) to Rivendell.
You are a Townie that may vote during the day. (I had a better role for him, but he had to be altered due to lack of players. I’m sorry.)

Keeseman

Bilbo Baggins
Mae g’ovannen, pkfroce! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Bilbo Baggins, Member of the Fellowship.

Your previous friendship with Gandalf, (otherwise known as Rachel) as well as Gandalf’s nervousness over your previous influences from the One Ring, has caused him to convert you to a Member of the Fellowship. This means that you both know Rachel’s role – but may not converse outside the game – and are immune to conversion from the Wraiths, a Third Party that will attempt to convert other players to their side.
Gandalf will attempt to convert other players to the Fellowship, but you will not know their identities, nor will Gandalf be able to tell them to you outside the game; you must put trust in Rachel.
Just as a warning, no one else knows that there is a Third Party, except Rachel and the Wraiths themselves, of course. You win when all members opposing the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

Arwen Undómiel
Mae g’ovannen, christewks! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Arwen Undómiel.

You are a Townie that may vote during the day.

Keeseman

Glóin
Mae g’ovannen, Heroine of Time! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Glóin, father of Gimli.

You are a Townie that may vote during the day.

Keeseman

Saruman
Mae g’ovannen, Keyshe! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Saruman the White.

You play the role of the Mafia Godfather in this game. Each night, you will choose one player to nightkill. You must also choose one of your Uruk-Hai (Mafioso) to take the action (if this is not done, there will be no nightkill, so be warned). You are immune to nightkills, detection, and any other night action upon you.
You may also converse with all the members of the Mafia about the game via PMs. These players are:
Dracomajora Grima Wormtongue, the Orthanc Roleblocker
Mido Uglúk, an Uruk-Hai
The MarshalMauhúr, an Uruk-Hai
In the case that all of the Uruk-Hai have died, Grima will automatically be sent to carry out the kill. If you are the only Mafia member left, you will carry out the kills yourself. If you die, but other Mafioso are left, your role will be passed down. You win when all members of the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

Grima Wormtongue
Mae g’ovannen, Dracomajora! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Grima Wormtongue, the Orthanc Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. The player you target will be unable to take any action that night.
You may also converse with all the members of the Mafia via PMs. These players are:
Keyshe Saruman the White (Godfather who will choose one Uruk-Hai each night to make a nightkill)
Mido Uglúk, an Uruk-Hai
In the case that all of the Uruk-Hai have been killed, you will automatically be sent to carry out the kill. You win when all members of the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

Uglúk
Mae g’ovannen, Mido! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Uglúk, an Uruk-Hai.

You are a member of the Mafia in this game. Each night, Keyshe (the Godfather) will choose one target for a nightkill. He will also assign one Uruk-Hai to kill that player. This means that you may be selected to make that nightkill.
You may also converse with all the members of the Mafia via PMs. These players are:
Keyshe Saruman the White (Godfather)
Dracomajora Grima Wormtongue, the Roleblocker
You win when all members of the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

Mauhúr
Mae g’ovannen, The Marshal! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are Mauhúr, an Uruk-Hai.

You are a member of the Mafia in this game. Each night, Keyshe (the Godfather) will choose one target for a nightkill. He will also assign one Uruk-Hai to kill that player. This means that you may be selected to make that nightkill.
Keyshe Saruman the White (Godfather)
Dracomajora Grima Wormtongue, the Roleblocker
Mido Uglúk, an Uruk-Hai
You win when all members of the town have been destroyed.

Keeseman

The Witch King of Angmar
Mae g’ovannen, Pendio! In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, you are The Witch King of Angmar, Leader of the Wraiths.

Your role is basically that of a Cult Leader. You choose one player each night to attempt to convert to the Wraiths, your Third Party team that will attempt to convert all players to the Wraiths. No one knows of the existence of this Third Party, except for Members of the Fellowship (conversion immune masons). You begin the game without any other members on your team, but may convert more to your side during the night. You are also 1-shot bulletproof.

During the night, you may choose one player to target for Wraith Conversion. If the player is a non-conversion-immune Townie, they will be converted. If that player is a Member of the Fellowship, you will discover their role, and the conversion will fail. If you and Gandalf the Grey (Fellowship Leader, who can convert players to the Fellowship) target the same player, the conversion will fail for both sides. If the target is a member of the Mafia, the conversion will fail.
After a target is converted, that player will become a Nazgûl, while losing all previous abilities. Your maximum amount of successful conversions is 3, meaning that after you have successfully converted 3 players, you may not convert any more. The maximum size of the Wraiths is thus 4 players. You will have to use much cunning and manipulation to achieve victory. Members of the Wraiths may converse with one another outside the game. All members of the Wraiths know the roles of one another.
If you die at any point, there will be no replacement for your role as Wraith Leader. This means that, after your death, no more players will be able to be converted to the Wraiths.
Just as a warning, you are the only one that knows of the existence of your Third Party, besides any Members of the Fellowship. You win when all living players are members of the Wraiths.

Keeseman

Gollum
So bright… So beautiful… My precious PokaLink… In this game of Lord of the Rings Mafia, we are Gollum, also known as Sméagol, yes we are, precious.

Our role is like an Executioner: we must get that stupid, fat Hobbit, Frodo Baggins, or Big Octo, lynched during the day, yes we must, precious. We must kill him in order to get our Precious back. It’s ours, and they stole it from us!
We win if Big Octo is lynched during the day, no matter what, precious. As long as we has our Precious, everything will be okay, yes. But we cannot die before we has It, oh no, we mustn’t die before that stupid Hobbit. Otherwise we will lose. Gollum. Gollum.

All geeking out aside, you must have Big Octo lynched before you die. After he is lynched, simply survive as long as possible. Even if you die, though, you will still have won. You win with any party as long as Frodo is lynched.

Keeseman

Night Actions:
Night 1:
Fused_shadows: Investigate Dracomajora (result: Mafia)
TSter the Great: Bodyguard fused_shadows
Thareous: Heal Dracomajora
Pendio: Convert Mido (assured result: failure)
Rachel: Convert Johnny Sooshi (result: success)
Mafia Kill Target: Pendio (result: failure)

Night 2:
Fused_shadows: Investigate Thareous (result: roleblocked)
Pendio: Convert Dracomajora (result: failure)
Thareous: Heal PancakeSamurai
TSter the Great: Bodyguard Big Octo
Rachel: Recruit Pendio (result: failure – but do not mention role, as he is leader)
Mafia NK: Kill justac00lguy, sending Mido to do it
Dracomajora: Roleblock fused_shadows

Night 3:
Thareous: Heal Big Octo
Fused_shadows: Investigate Rachel (result: Town)
Mellow Ezlo: Bodyguard Big Octo
Rachel: Recruit Heroine of Time (result: failure, due to roleblock)
Pendio: Convert Keyshe (result: failure)
Keyshe: Kill Johnny Sooshi, having The Marshal do it (result: success)
Draco: roleblock Rachel (result: success)

Night 4:
Thareous: Heal ALIT
LittleGumball: Kill Dracomajora (result: success)
Pendio: Convert ALIT (result: failure, as he is immune)
Mellow Ezlo: bodyguard Pendio
Mafia Kill Target: Kill Mellow Ezlo

Night 5:
Pendio: Convert Heroine of Time (result: success)
Rachel: Recruit Keyshe (result: failure)
Thareous: Heal Mido
Mafia: Nightkill Rachel, sending Marshal to do it. (result: failure)

Night 6:
Thareous: Heal Big Octo
Mafia: Kill Rachel (result: success)
Pendio: Convert musicfan (result: success)

Night 7:
Thareous: Heal Pendio
Mafia: Kill Big Octo (result: failure)
Pendio: Convert Thareous (result: success)

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Night Actions:
Night 1:
Fused_shadows: Investigate Dracomajora (result: Mafia)
TSter the Great: Bodyguard fused_shadows
Thareous: Heal Dracomajora
Pendio: Convert Mido (assured result: failure)
Rachel: Convert Johnny Sooshi (result: success)
Mafia Kill Target: Pendio (result: failure)

Wow! My 1-shot Bulletproof was used that early? I had no idea. :D

EBWODP:

By the way, I take that attempted night 1 kill as a compliment. ^^

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
musicfan said:
Wait ALiT was on our side?

Ah, sorry about that; I had written down the "success" bit without remembering that I put Aragorn as conversion-immune, because he had a pretty significant role. I remembered later, and never did convert him, but I forgot to change it to "failure" in my document.

Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, the Mafia, and the Fellowship members were all immune from the beginning, although I only told the Fellowships about it. I wanted to keep it as fair for all sides as possible, and I think leaving a few as immune gave the town a better chance - they were doing quite well with that, actually, until Night 5, when Pendio finally hit a VT.

Thar said:
Also, did we have a Dreaming God or not?

Nope. I was snickering (slightly maniacally) to myself the when you were so convinced that there was one... ;)

I decided to stay off the Dreaming God, as having a Cult already made the game complicated enough, even though I would have enjoyed the insanity that would ensue from having one...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom