• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Looking It Up Vs. Figuring It Out

Do you look it up or figure it out?

• Look it up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Figure it out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm not sure if this has been done already, but I figured that this was a good topic. So, do you look up something when you get stuck in Zelda... or do you spend hours trying random crap to figure it out. Does it affect how you look at the games? I usually cave and look it up. I don't feel as satisfied with the puzzles when I cheat.
P.S. Did anyone actually figure out how to get into Jabu-Jabu's Belly? The method to opening the dungeon is so obscure... So how did you figure it out????
Thanks.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Figuring it out is the way to go! Makes you think harder about future problems.

I figured it out; it occured to me that big fish eat smaller fish (learned that on Discovery channel) so I just used the bttle with Ruto's letter in it to capture a fish in Zora's Domain. :3

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I prefer trying to figure it out. I only look things up as a last resort. It's much more satisfying when you spend hours on something to finally figure the puzzle out; unless the solution was actually obvious and you feel like a fool for missing it. xD

I figured out how to get into Jabu-Jabu's Belly because one of the Zoras hinted that you could catch fish with a bottle and another Zora hinted that Ruto was in charge of feeding Jabu-Jabu. I put two and two together from that.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
You will one day reach a point in your life where wandering in circles is 1) boring as hell and 2) a waste of time you no longer have. I find aimlessly attempting to solve a puzzle and cheating equally unsatisfying, so I generally opt for the one that uses less valuable resources after expending what I see as feasible options.

P.S. Did anyone actually figure out how to get into Jabu-Jabu's Belly? The method to opening the dungeon is so obscure... So how did you figure it out????
The local shop sells fish. It must have some purpose, right?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
In Twilight Princess I was really impatient so I looked up the answers whenever I was stuck, but in Skyward Sword I refused to look up a guide despite being stuck for an hour and a half.

On the subject of the Jabu-Jabu thing, I'd watched my brothers play that game countless times before playing it myself, so I don't know if that counts for looking it up... XD

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
During my first few Zelda games, I looked up everything. Since then I made an oath to myself that I would figure everything out and that's what I did for the rest the games.

Concerning how to enter Jabu-Jabu's Belly, I can't remember where I had heard it, but when I first played OoT, I knew how to do it.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm impatient so I look stuff up when I can't figure it out in 10 minutes. Most of the time though, I look it up and feel like an idiot afterwards because what I had to look up was that simple. :P

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I LIKE to figure it out myself unless I find it too hard, but somebody (my little brother) keeps telling me what to do no matter how many times I tell him to shut up.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Working things out is definitely more satisfying, I only ever look things up if I'm really struggling with something. It has to be pretty serious to make me want to 'cheat'.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
That moment of accomplishment, relief, and excitement is unparallelled to the bore of having to look the answer up. I've only ever done that on broken games (like beaver bother in DK 64), for the most part I just endure. And its the greatest feeling ever to accomplish a challenge. Its why I love challenging games so much.

ILU

i luv u
I absolutely refuse to look it up. I'd feel like a failure as a gamer if I did and would be ashamed of myself. An extreme view, I suppose, but I take my gaming seriously.... more than I should, really, but I can't help it. I'm like this with most things, though. I refuse to ask for directions or help with other issues, so I guess refusing to "look it up" when it comes to games is to be expected.

Mido

Version 1
I always prefer trying to figure things out, especially in Zelda games. Usually I'll try to pull through figuring things out in dungeon puzzles; however, when I have to accomplish something in the overworld situations, I will tend to look things up more often. Right now, I just beat the first Minish Cap dungeon, but I'm hopelessly lost in the overworld, so now I'm going to have to look things up.
:S (Often, I find that the things I look up seem to be the obvious things I overlook.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom