• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's terrible fate

Would you rather Link

• Was a girl

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Spoke

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Quin

Disaster Master
HPeiSgDs_o.gif

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
An option to have a female Link is most likely in the future... However it would complicate a certain motive to save Zelda, lose audiences and get hate from tons of people. A talking Link would do much better if done right

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
These are two of a handful of consistent qualities of Link: he is always male, he never speaks. To break one of these qualities would feel like you are breaking the game. It’s a tough decision. Either way you go, the game changes drastically. I think that talking would be the lesser of two evils. We are already shown link’s reasoning for being of few words in BotW. He does speak, but he never complains or adds his problems to the list of problems others have. Honestly I think link with a voice actor would be very hard to take because we all have our own ideas of what he sounds like, but i think we could get used to it. I do believe that it would make him a shallower character for some reason but that’s just a feeling I have.

Why would you make Link a girl?

Anyway, yeah, speaking is definitely the lesser evil, just don't make him American. (English, real, not faked. Please.)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
America is a much larger audience than Britain. I hate how they add in Brita just for the sake of adding in Brits. Star Wars 7 is a good example of what I mean. The series is American.

I don't know why I think this way. I probably shouldn't, but I hate it when movies and stuff do this

True, but LoZ has a Medieval-European inspired setting, and America wasn't even discovered during these times, so giving Link an American accent doesn't make much sense.

Besides, English sounds better.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
True, but LoZ has a Medieval-European inspired setting, and America wasn't even discovered during these times, so giving Link an American accent doesn't make much sense.

Besides, English sounds better.
No one can resist a hot chixk's British accent. Don't forget that inspiration doesn't go deep. The inspiration is medieval times. That means nothing about voices

I pick Link talking. I already know tons of cosplayers who are female and love being Link (including that one chick who is famous for the dime horse photo). So I don't need it in the games to get my fem-Link fix. ^_^

No one can resist a hot chixk's British accent. Don't forget that inspiration doesn't go deep. The inspiration is medieval times. That means nothing about voices
Still, you have to admit that an American accent will feel out of place in medieval fantasy. Just look at LotR or GoT for example, they just won't be as good if you replace British accents with American.

American accents work with many things, just not medieval settings.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It'd be pointless to make "Link" a girl, but I wouldn't care if the option to play a female protagonist isn't "Link." Just not "Linkle" because the name's dumb and she looks stupid.

I'd much rather Link talk, given the lesser of two evils. I don't really care what he sounds like. It would be as pointless, if not arguably more so, than making Link a chick, but he's already a defined character. He's got enough personality by now and in each game to give him a voice. I don't know what he'd have to say because it's completely unnecessary for him to say anything, but whatever.

Still, you have to admit that an American accent will feel out of place in medieval fantasy. Just look at LotR or GoT for example, they just won't be as good if you replace British accents with American.

American accents work with many things, just not medieval settings.
Finn the Human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom