• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Secret Stash

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Okay, so there's probably been another thread like this before. But, for instance, in WW, you *magically* have an item on you when you pick it. Same for all games. I don't see a backpack on link, and I doubt he could fit that much(without getting hurt either!) Into his swordcase and pants. Am I missing something here? :xd::lol:

H

Hero-Of-Time

Where does the weight go?

A similair question I've had- when link has his iron boots on they make him heavy, but just because they're not on his feet and they're in his bag how come the weight magically disapears?
:fairy:

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Hero-of-Time has EXACTLY my thoughts. Iron Boots= Jumping up and down in WW. Okay so, if that's how Libk puts them on, then...*jumps up*...no results. Hmmm... :xd:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
It's just Hammerspace. I don't think it's a wallet, or his tunic, or anything, since in Majora's Mask, if you take out an item as a Goron, Zora, or Deku, Link just pulls it out right from inside his chest. XD

Djinn

and Tonic
Oddly enough the Cartoon from 89' was the only real attempt to explain how Link manages to carry the items at the same time. He had a magic pouch that shrank everything that was placed into it. They would regain their normal shape a few seconds after it was taken out. Nothing like this was ever revealed or mentioned in the games as far as items go. However there is a sort of magical explanation for his wallet, and ability to carry bombs or arrows.

In ALTTP the very same great fairy that would upgrade Link's Boomerang, sword, and shield, could also increase his ability to carry more bombs and arrows.
"Then I will increase your carrying ability so you can carry 70 Arrows at maximum. This is just a small happiness I can give to you." — Venus
In WW the great fairies increased Link's wallet, bombs and arrows. They did the same in MC, the great fairies have the ability to increase what a person can carry. In the time of ALTTP through donation in the pond of wishing. If these have almost become common among all heroes then there might be some other magical means of carrying other things than just money arrows and bombs. In the original demo of SS we see Link pulling various things out of his pocket such as potions or other weapons. Each item being something a little greater than what a pocket can carry. There might just be some form of magic placed on the more mundane items in Hyrule like pouches and wallets that allows for people for people to carry more than they would have before. This could be a bit of what makes Hyrule a more magical place and the Hylians a very magic using people, since they have been described as this for many years now.

If other forms of clothing can do things like allow for someone to walk around within the crater of an active volcano with no ill effects whatsoever, easily be capable of swimming and breathing water indefinitely, or a magical armor that deflected all attacks and was powered by rupees, then I do not see why a pouch or pocket could be made to hold several large items magically. The blue and red tunics were rather typical items sold in shops in the time of OoT already, they were not truly wondrous relics but basic needs items sold in general stores and were fairly affordable to the struggling adventurer. After this a pocket that holds a megaton hammer might just be a very typical item carried by most Hylians for it's amazing utility.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Huh. Well, thansk for that explanation, Djinn. Still though, its funny to watch link pull items magically out of who knows where. Oh, right, now we do. xD

Beeker

Wild Card
It's mostly a design thing, I'd say. That and the magical thing known as hammerspace! To put it simply, hammerspace is something seen in fiction where characters do the same as Link does-pull objects and equipment out of thin air. Though Link is capable of carrying all of his belongings:
Link_LOZ_with_items.png

Besides, I think would be quite a tough job for the designers to design and put all those items on Link's model or sprite, or whatever. Having hammerspace just makes things easier, I guess.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I was about to link to the photo Beeker posted if no one else did. That's really the only concept art that shows all the items.

However, in Twilight Princess, his carrying capacity was partially explained, or explained in a way that could be inferred, when Link acquires the Ordon Sword and Ordon Shield as a wolf, and Midna says something along the lines of "I don't want to use these, but I'll hold onto them for you" and then she makes them vanish, presumably into some magical storage space she has as a Twili. It can be presumed that in TP she holds the buttons not set to + or B in that same way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, hammerspace is awesome. If it isn't actually hammerspace, maybe EVERY Link has the power to shrink things for portability? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom