• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Links New Design

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
what do you think of links design clothe wise? do you think this is his clothes for the game or just the beginning and will get his traditional clothes later? Either way who cares he looks bad *** and i think i saw a scarf while he was on epona. Press the thumbnail to zoom in link design.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I really like his new look. I have a feeling this is the look we'll be seeing for the game. It's quite a drastic outfit change. I wonder what the reasoning for it is. It most likely has something to do with the story, so maybe we'll find out more about that later. I think it's interesting how he seems to wear a hooded cape thing on Epona yet not when he's running around... I wonder if that's automatic or not. Hm.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I don't know i will miss his old clothes maybe he will be able to switch between both that would be great also throw in some more clothes to maybe some knight armor.

Fig

The Altruist
It's not really a scarf, but more of a hooded cape. As for Link's design, well we already saw this back in E3 and even had a brief moment where we could see Link's face clearly. Not that I find the design boring or bad, it's just that there's nothing to add on after what I have spoke about since E3. Still though, Link certainly looks cool in this new game. As for the traditional clothing he's associated in every other Zelda title, there is no doubt that set of clothing will return later on in the game as you really can't have Link without the hero's clothes.

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
I still think that you should have multiple options for what to wear, even fully customization of clothing would be nice. Like an elder scrolls game even. But since they had him in the same outfit as E3, i highly doubt it. If that was a feature you would think they'd be showing it off. I do think the hero's tunic will be in the game though. Almost certain. I mean, it's a zelda game, come on.

I think it's miles ahead of the Peter Pan costume, but there's no doubt the traditional outfit will not be getting lost in the laundry; Nintendo should be able to imagine the flood of fan rage over a change of clothes. I think customization is finally going to be a thing and the hero's tunic along with the garments shown will be default choices.

Hopefully the hero's clothes are still in the game. Don't get me wrong, Link's blue outfit is okay, but I just can't associate the character without his signature clothes. I'm sure we'll get more info throughout next year concerning the change in clothes here.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm pretty sure the demo comes from the first ~20 minutes of the game, not including a brief exposition and call to adventure. It looks like he started in the southeast corner and just climbed the mountain to the watchtower.

zwu-map-640x370.png

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Hopefully the hero's clothes are still in the game. Don't get me wrong, Link's blue outfit is okay, but I just can't associate the character without his signature clothes. I'm sure we'll get more info throughout next year concerning the change in clothes here.
Exactly Links green clothes is a tradition its like having santa clause without his suit or mario with his overals.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Exactly Links green clothes is a tradition its like having santa clause without his suit or mario with his overals.

I heard that Aonuma mentioned in an interview that he wants this Zelda to be the kind where you look at it and go "Wait, is this Zelda? ... Oh, it is!", so who knows. I'm personally fine either way, since his new design looks awesome.

He actually kinda reminded me of Prince A****aka. And I'm cool with that. Also I'd like to point out that it's not at all uncommon for this clothing to change color through an adventure. Ocarina has the tunics, the original Zelda has your tunic change color when you acquire new protective rings, in Majora's Mask you arguably spend about half your time in a totally different body wearing no clothing at all (save for a hat and boots). In Link Between Worlds your tunic color changes with your armor, as does your tunic in Link's Awakening DX. That's just a few examples off the top of my head. So really, not being clad in green would not be out of the ordinary. As of now I don't think I have a problem with it. (Also I actually really enjoyed link's Ordon clothes in Twilight Princess. Very 'humble beginnings' of them to design him that way.)

EDIT: ok, so apparently the filter misinterpreted what i was trying to say. Prince A-shi-ta-ka, from Princess Mononoke. C'mon, computerbots, get with the times.

Ok guys I'm calling it now when the actual title of this game is announced in a full length tailor so to will this games version of Links classic garbs.

>typo 'trailer' into 'tailor'
>talking about clothing

haaaaahahaha that's pretty funny. (also not 100% sure it was a mistake)

Aw, why'd you have to use attachments? I can't see the image on my phone. (Sigh. Why do attachments still exist? :<)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom