• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Grandmother?

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
For some reason I found her very funny. Since she doesn't appear in any other games, I would have to think she is just some Guardian such as a family friend.

I thought the Sheikah protect the royal blood line... Link isn't in the blood line (that we know of)

Taggerung115

Warrior
I don't think Link's grandma is Impa, because that was never established. Therefore, it is currently untrue. Besides, Impa has historically been Zelda's caretaker. I doubt her character's role would ever be switched like that.

Bear in mind that at the beginning of the game Tetra has no idea that she is actually Zelda. She is only awakened to that fact part way through the game.

While nothing like this has been confirmed it actually does make sense to me.
SPOILER ALERT
In the end of SS you know that (if you played SS) Demise cursed Link an Zelda and his hatred would come back in a cycle. With this, Nintendo confirmed that all links and zeldas are from the same bloodline, WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Link om WW.

Maybe the gods knew that this boy was meant to be the chosen hero, but since he wasn't in the same bloodline as the other heroes, the gods had their doubts. To protect him and raise him well they couldve sent an agent to be his "grandmother". You never know, it could be possible

An agent. Hmmm interesting idea. I was thinking something along the lines of this also.

Last edited:
I can see the relation between both characters.. but it seems likely to me because besides Ocarina of time, there's really no other reference or even appearance of Link's family members.. so maybe Impa is taking over?

While nothing like this has been confirmed it actually does make sense to me.
SPOILER ALERT

In the end of SS you know that (if you played SS) Demise cursed Link an Zelda and his hatred would come back in a cycle. With this, Nintendo confirmed that all links and zeldas are from the same bloodline, WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Link om WW.

Maybe the gods knew that this boy was meant to be the chosen hero, but since he wasn't in the same bloodline as the other heroes, the gods had their doubts. To protect him and raise him well they couldve sent an agent to be his "grandmother". You never know, it could be possible

if she really was an "agent" that had to find out if he was really able, then why would they have soo many quests and trials just to obtain the Master Sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom