• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Girlfriend?

I like the current arrangement just fine.

I wouldn't have been happy if TP had ended with Link and Ilia together because Ilia didn't seem very nice. Also, Link and Zelda didn't seem to make much of a connection. I thought Link and Midna developed a great relationship over the game, and I'm glad I can imagine them being right for each other without the game forcing Link x Ilia or Link x Zelda on me.

In OOT, I can't see Saria and Link together because Saria is essentially an immortal little girl... how can kids be a couple, and how would Link maintain the relationship as he grew up for real? I could see Link x Malon or Link x Zelda, but I can't see how the game would have been improved by making any of these relationships concrete. If Link clearly loved Malon, why would the player care about rescuing Zelda? If Link clearly loved Zelda, what would motivate him to go fishing or look for skulltulas if his beloved was missing/in trouble/etc.?

I could see a scenario where Link has a serious love interest in a game and it works, but it would have to be done in exactly the right way.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I don't think it would work. It would become too much of a side story and take away from the game.

gabesawakening

Hi Fwiends!
I think Link should not fall head over heels for a girl ever. Although, I don't mind Link having small crushes with girls. I know he always hade a crush with Saria. He also had a crush with Llia. And don't forget Malon! ( I think it's kind of funny that Malon's dad asks Link to marry Malon after you finish the FIND THE THREE CHICKENS minigame).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is a good idea as far as improving Link's personality, but I don't want to see anything too involved. Maybe a kiss on the cheek for saving...whoever she is, but I'm really fine with the pace it's going at. Besides, we have to remember that kids also play this franchise, and Miymoto is well-aware enough of the issue to likely not allow it.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
That's actually a really good idea! i think it would add a little depth to the game. it would give you that feel that it's not just another adventure, it's a quest to get back the one you love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom