• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Link's Awakening! The Story of a "Game" Boy!

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I was about to make a thread about something entirely different, but now I'm concerned about why there is not an option for Link's Awakening in the prefix section. So for the sake of the missing Zelda title I have decided to explain my story and why I hold Link's Awakening very close to my heart!

I was always a gamer as far back as I can remember. My earliest memory actually is an image of me playing some Mickey Mouse game on Super Nintendo. However in those days I didn't know I would grow up to become a gamer, but sometimes destiny just falls on your shoulders. It was 1997 on my birthday (December 18, only 7 days before Christmas!) and I was 8.
Without a single thought as to what I could receive, out of the wrapping it shined as I ripped! Gameboy Pocket read the box. My joy was explosive! I had always played video games, but this time it was mine to take with me anywhere, everywhere; not my brothers, not my cousins... it was Mine! So packaged with my new gift was Kirby's Star Stacker, a puzzle game which was fun as a first game, but I required more engaging gameplay.
For Christmas we were visiting my out of town family and i didn't receive anything good at the Christmas party, just a jolly green giant watch, which was like, "wtf grandma?" Then after the party all the aunts and uncles and cousins left, but we stayed because we were staying with my grandma. I was not very content with my gifts. In fact I was straight up pissed! Then it happened! Out of the corner My mom and my Grandma reveal a Nintendo 64! OMG!! However we were unable to play it due to lack of A/V Ports and no game to boot.
So shortly after Christmas I had some money saved up (like $25, but at 8 it was enough) and my father took me to the local Kmart to find a new game for the N64. At this point I had forgotten about the GBP. So from behind the glass casing I stood searching for something that would satisfy not only my funds, but my gaming needs as well. Nothing seemed to catch my eye, but then I saw it! Link's Awakening for only $15. It was perfect. I had no Idea what Zelda was and I didn't even acknowledge the full title, but the sword and shield on the box and the for-sale price tag had me convinced that this was the game for me. So I head home with my new game so very anxious to start playing. I had no trouble grasping the concept of what had happened however I was confused as to whether it was really a dream or not. However as soon as I found my dropped sword I was In Love! I killed anything and everything that I could... until I died! but I could just continue! I had that game beaten before next Christmas when I had discovered Zelda was coming to the N64! HAHAHA!!! In knew what my Christmas present was going to be! It wasn't until years later that I discovered the number on the title screen was actually my death count. 999 on my first zelda game ever.... That's an achievement in itself!

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Wow thats a great story!

My first was TP was the secon dgame on my wii that my dads friend gave to me cause he heard of the violence! I wouldnt be anywhere close to the person I am now if he hadant givin that to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom