• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening/DX The Ups and Downs!

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Well in this thread it's pretty simple, name the ups and downs of Link's Awakening and the DX. I'll go ahead and start it off.

The Ups of Link's Awakening:)

Pretty good story line
Funny dialogue
Had some good memories from this game
Was so cool when you fought Ganon's Shadow
You could steal from the shop

Downs of Link's Awakening:(
No Master Sword in that game
You couldn't have a idea of where to go next on the trading side-quest
To many glitches involved
Some bosses made you start over if you wasted a specific item

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I haven't nearly finished this game yet (it's very fun!) But I notice that when I have full hearts, there is no beam that shoots out of my o'mighty sword.

Just a difference to note...

(hah! wow, silly me commented too soon)

Last edited:
N

No_Comment

It has been AGES since I wrote my last post on this forum... Anyway, Link's Awakening was/is my favorite Zelda game (OoT comming in second), so I may be a little biased.

Ups

Good dungeons, they wasn't to hard, in some games (like OoT or MM) you can really get pissed because of the lenght or difficult of the dungeons.
Many funny sequences with Talon.
Loved the color dungeon in DX.
The story, I some how liked it, and not because of the sad ending.

Downs (not really much, but...)

I have completed the game like 20 times, and already after the second time, the game is way to easy., plus it's not very long either.
Many of the bosses were way to f***ing easy (the boss in Angler's Tunnel)

That's about it, as I said, it's my favorite Zelda game.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The only majaor letdown I see in LADX, is that when you get the red tunic and level 2 sword(can be done pretty soon in the game), you are a walking tank that destroys everything in a couple of slashes, even bosses

N

No_Comment

The only majaor letdown I see in LADX, is that when you get the red tunic and level 2 sword(can be done pretty soon in the game), you are a walking tank that destroys everything in a couple of slashes, even bosses

I didn't mention that, but I do agree. The first time I completed the color dungeon, I chose blue (because it was my first time playing through the game), but after that I started to choose the red tunic, because it wasn't necessary with the extra lives.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The blue tunic is rather useless, because, having the Red one does almost the same, because you kill most of the enemies before they even touch you.
The best defense is a good offensive

N

No_Comment

Yeah, you could say that. The only reason (for me) for picking the blue tunic would be for the sake of the color, I have chosen the red to many times.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Technically it isn't the/a Master Sword. Only ever known as the Level 2 sword. Could easily be the Magical Sword.

Aaanywho, let me dig up my memories here.

Pluses:
First game I ever played.
First game that ever took place outside of Hyrule.
An incredible story.
Introduced the trade system to the series.
I think it was the first with a Pictobox (DX)
Had tons of side things to do.
A vast and complex new world.
New items like the Roc's Feather

Minuses:
Somewhat poor dialogue.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Ups:
-Truly an enjoyable experience.
-Humor: from the Dog food to "You got a Maron." Classic.
-The storyline is a refreshing break from the traditional 'Save Zelda and Hyrule' saga; it's good to have a game like this every once in a while. The storyline is also thought provoking in some respects. :D
-Stalfos was finally a semi-major enemy. I love stalfos.

Downs:
-The extra dungeon. Gimmicks which intend to make you buy more stuff are always on the downside. (I was one of the four people who actually still used the original GB when it came out. Had to borrow a friends gbc.)
-It was a fairly brief game.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I loved everything about this game but the only thing i disliked was that you cant all the pictures after you beat the game because i was going to go back and get them and then after I beat it I find out you cant

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
LA: (Likes)
- Fun dungeons and bosses
- Good use of jumping with the Roc's Feather
- Sweet ending boss

LA: (Dislikes)
- Easy
- Weird translations lol.
- That shop guy is my mortal enemy. Call me THIEF for the rest of the game?! What a ****tard.

The only downside to Link's Awakening DX is that it gives you the red and blue tunics, which make the game a lot easier. Link's Awakening is a great game, storyline, gameplay, and everything is good about it. The reason it didn't have a Master Sword is because that wouldn't fit into the storyline at all. They did, however, make the L2 sword to resemble the Master Sword, so its there in spirit. I also never had any problems with the Trading Sequence and in the DX version there weren't that many glitches (as a matter of fact I can't think of one right now).

Stealing from the shop was neat, but being called THIEF (in big capital letters like that) the entire game really isn't worth it. There's not a whole lot you spend your rupees on in this game so its not hard to save up for the Bow and Arrow set, which is like 980 rupees and the most expensive item you come across. The Bow and Arrow really isn't that great anyway for a good majority of the game, or at least its not like you really need it.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
my ups for this game are,

1. i beat it.
2. link checked the chest, wow thats a nice chest.
3. other funny dialogue.
4. it's a zelda game.
5. you can beat the game really fast if your good at it.

my downs for this game are.
1. you can beat the game really fast if your good at it.

yep thats it, i don't have anything else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom