• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Age

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Physically and mentally. What is it? His age [X] I believe would follow this statement: 14 < X < 20
His mental age seems to be that of a typical 18 year old, seeing that he cares for Zelda but appears to be shy around her at times [to my chagrin; Zelda should be shy and utterly needing him almost all the time...]. From what I gathered of the demos, he is obviously skillful in the art of bird riding. His stature isn't really big enough to suggest he is anywhere above the age of 19. I see no facial hair, and his demeanor even after obtaining that Hero's Garb does not seem like he is all too serious or even willing to fulfill his supposed destiny.

So, I suppose Link is about the age of 17 years. What do you think? Will we be alerted as to how old he is by Nintendo?

I think he(ss Link)'d be sixteen the oldest. Like you said he's shy around Zelda, prabablt barely gating facial hair but is knowledgeable and skillful. As to if I think Nimtendo will tell us his age: No! I think that is one of the things they want us to keep speculating on.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
As I'm going to say about the timeline.

I think the only way Nintendo would reveal Link's age and proper order of the LoZ Timeline is if Nintendo by some event that causes Nintendo to go out business which is probably not going since Nintendo is situated in Japan and not America. Heck for all we know buying SwS might even be helping disaster relieve in Japan after that earthquake a few years ago.

I think Link's age somewhere between 16-and early 20s.

Link may also have different age in each game.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well this is something very hard to speculate about if only based on physical properties (character is hard to judge at this point). For example I'm 24 and also have almost no facial hair but I know some guys who had quite a beard when they were 13. And body length doesn't change very much after one is around 16, so... as of right now, the "14 < X < 20" equation is really all there is

hmm.... i think that he's about 19-ish. In skyward sword at least. Now in ocarina, i think he was like 12 at the beginning, then 19 in the future. Other games are a little harder to guess. but I think that he is definitely in his teens still.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
18 seems like a safe bet for me. We must remember, things in Skyloft might not be as they are in life on the ground. I imagine the adult people are very strict about teaching each newcoming generation, stressing each rule with utter severity since they reside on an island afloatin the heavens. Children undeveloped in knowledge could stray too far to the edge and slip to their deaths by accident. They are also likely forbidden to go Loft Bird riding until having undergone rigorous training within a secure zone. So, as VanitasXII said, Link probably hasn't attained his courage yet, and therefore is unwilling to accept his role as a yet unnamed hero of destiny. Which means he probably hasn't been out enough to want to explore, save for the thrill of breezing through the wind...or going after a childhood friend.

For these reasons, I'll go with 18 or above. Definitely no more below, IMO.

I read somewhere that he is older in this game than any other game. I'm going to guess he's either 18 or 19. In Oot he was about 17 i think and I'm guessing about the same in TP.

Overheadzelda

Reviver of threads
Nintendo has confirmed that link was 8/15 in OoT and 16 in TP. I'll see if I can find the article...
Anyway, as for Link's age in SS, I would say 16ish.

E

Elli

17 sounds like the right age for Link in this game. He may be 16 but i think he'll be more around 17.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is supposedly the oldest link yet, Id say twilight princess link and OOT link were about 16 so I'm saying skyward sword link would be perhaps 17-18. He's part of a knight's academy and I doubt they would allow young children to enter that.

SkullKid22

420MemeMaster
I think Link is around 17-21 years old based on how he looks like(medium height, not super skinny, but not super buff either, no facial hair) and how he acts(skillful swordsman and bird rider, old enough to have enough practice with both, and how he acts around Zelda.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In OoT, (according to the Official Nintendo Guidebook) Link is 10 as a child, so that makes him 17 as an adult. Since that's the case, I always see any adult Link as 17 (save AoL's, he's 16 on the dot). He could be around 20, though. We don't really know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom