• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf Team Up?

CONTAINS SMALL SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you've ever played Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga you'll know that Mario and Luigi had to team up with Bowser to obtain Princess Peach's voice in the Beanbean Kingdom. Although this "relationship" was short lived, it was nice to see the brothers and their archenemy not kill each other for once. Would you like to see this happen in a future Zelda game? Link, Zeda, and Ganondorf don't have to be best friends but Link and Zelda may need something that they can only get with Ganondorf's help or vice versa. Or maybe There's a threat that's even more evil than Ganondorf and the three will have to team up to destroy it. I mean Link,Zelda, and Ganondorf are bound by that curse Demise placed on Link and Zelda which is why he is always able to resurrect and why it is particularly Link and and Zelda have to stop him. So I thought that maybe they should just get used to each other you know:lol:?

Last edited:
Seeing as how Gannondorf is cursed for all eternity to do evil, and him alone contains his own personal selfish desire, I don't think that it would be a good mtach-up.

Although it would be nice to see a side of Ganondorf that we haven't seen before.

I still disagree with it though, lol.

Purple_Rupee

They call me Ammi
hmmm.... Princess zelda bringing the golden rain (light arrows) while Link and ganondorf tear it up in face to face combat with the next person who wakes up with evil on there to-do list? Oh yes.... there is fun to be had there.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that you would only Ganon would add his power to link's but wouldn't do the dirty work, because there isn't anyone who could stand up to link and ganon both hacking at them with zelda using light arrows and magic on them. They would be dead, unless this person had somehow taken the triforce from them...

I made a post about this a whikle ago comparing it to Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story. It would be interesting to see if nintendo ever do something like this in the future, although im not sure how it would work :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Absolutely not. Ganondorf is the King of evil, nothing must be more evil than him or he will be undermined as the series villain forever. He must remain the largest threat in the Zelda world. Demise's curse meant that his hatred(the hatred of the source of all evil, like the Satan of the Zelda world) manifested in Ganondorf. Nothing can possibly get more evil unless Demise was reborn, and even then without the soul of Zelda he would not be stronger than Ganondorf with the triforce of power. Ganondorf was only killed in TP because he shared power with Zant and Zant then desired his death ''anything you desire then I shall desire it also'' so Ganondorf lost the will to keep on going. In the Wind Waker he was only killed because he no longer possessed the triforce. Usually Ganondorf has to be sealed to be stopped because he is so resilient and just unkillable.

Bowser is not really evil. He does not desire the death of Mario, he is simply jealous because Peach likes Mario and not him, that is why he kidnaps her all the time. He is not a murderer who steals from women and children, like Ganondorf.

Last edited:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I've actually thought about this sort of. Now, like some have already said, I don't think it would happen. But still, it would be interesting.

I kind of thought of it in a similar way to Sonic Heroes, each person has their own unique skill. They way I've thought of it is that Ganondorf would break or lift rocks in the way or the sheilds of enemies, Zelda would use light arrows and magic spells and would give hints to certain puzzles, and Link would be able to jump over gaps and cut vines, ropes, etc. They could also use upgrades to their powers like Ganondorf might not be able to lift/break certain rocks until he has some power-up, Zelda mught gain different magic spells, and Link would get differing items, as usual.

Super Mario Bros is a much lighter, less care free franchise. It makes sense for them to team up since Mario is a series of fun, not really story based games.

Keep that in mind, since The Legend of Zelda is not something so carefree. Heavily story based, I would hope that something like this wouldn't happen. It just doesn't seem to fit.

The only time I think they'll team up if Ganondorf was betrayed by another villain and that villain is even more dangerous and powerful than Ganon. A situtation like Super Smash Bros Brawl Subspace is a great example of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf team up though non-canon. Ganondorf allied with the Master Hand for gain of more power, even plotting to overthrow the Master Hand. But when Tabuu showed up, Ganondorf realized he's been hijacked and tries to stop Tabuu from taking his chance of ruling the world. When Link and Zelda saved him, Ganondorf decided to put aside his hatred of Link and Zelda and his desire of power to stop Tabuu for Tabuu will control everything unchallenged.

Another example of a non-canon Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf team up is a comic called Demon Road, where Ganondorf was betrayed and was turned back into a child with no memories. There Ganondorf join forces with Link to protect Zelda from the demon that betrayed him, but he starts regains his memories of his old-self.
The Legend Of Zelda: The Demon Road | Home

There is no one higher than Ganondorf so therefore Ganondorf has no reason to team up with Link to go against a greater evil than Ganondorf. But if you really want the 3 of them to team up, just do a Smash Bros. match with all 3 of them on 1 team against some other dude. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom