• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Link Making the Sound of a Cat ...

Gomp

Love, loving life!
Does not that contradict the popular belief that Link never makes any other sound than his screams and the like?

I found it very interesting at least.

Thoughts? :)

Salem

SICK
It was one of the weirdest things I ever heard in a Zelda games, specially coming from Link.

Don't forget that he also says "Come on!" in the game, too. I was honestly shocked about this because it's pretty rare for Link to actually say a single line of dialogue ever (excluding the CD-i games).

Don't forget that he also says "Come on!" in the game, too. I was honestly shocked about this because it's pretty rare for Link to actually say a single line of dialogue ever (excluding the CD-i games).

That really struck me the first time I played the game as well.
The "meow" I found quite funny.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Well you can't expect him to be 100% "silent" protagonist. Mario's a silent protagonist yet he always get's one sentence in at least the end of his games (I'm just meaning like the 3D Mario games not New Super Mario Bros. or whatever I mean like Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy). Silent protagonist or not I think the "C'mon" Link makes in Wind Waker when calling for someone is a nice touch. I mean, just waving wouldn't get too much attention. Just sayin'.

How dare you mention those devil-spawn games BellPendant XD

Well you can't expect him to be 100% "silent" protagonist. Mario's a silent protagonist yet he always get's one sentence in at least the end of his games (I'm just meaning like the 3D Mario games not New Super Mario Bros. or whatever I mean like Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy). Silent protagonist or not I think the "C'mon" Link makes in Wind Waker when calling for someone is a nice touch. I mean, just waving wouldn't get too much attention. Just sayin'.

How dare you mention those devil-spawn games BellPendant XD

True. And I like it that he said "Come on!" and meows personally. I think it's adorable.

And I apologize in advance for mentioning those 'games'. :p

Gomp

Love, loving life!

I must have missed that part. Just finished it! But I lack 5 full hearts and some 13 or so treasure charts.

Could you be specifies? :D

Edit: I just did not notice it when playing. I remember where now that I thought about it! :D

Exactly Vanessa. I hate it when people assume he can't talk...

Hear hear! .. It is so obvious that Link can talk! .. It really shows ignorance to claim something else. And that was the whole purpose of me making this thread. I have really grown tired of people who claim he can not talk! ..

Nice to see that is the way this thread took. I was not sure if it would go the other way or not! :D Glad to see like minded people!

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Guys, no one claimed that Link can't literally talk, don't know what you're talking about.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
....Wait, Link made that sound? o_O

Yes, yes he did! ..

And as some pointed out here, he even screams "come on" .. At certain points in the game! ..

So that bust that myth wide open, once and for all! :D

(I always made this argument when I was faced with the morons who claim Link never speaks .. And is silent.. (Take most of the Zelda wannabe-memes ever created.) But I never recalled what game he actually spoke in .. It is really nice to actually have a source to point them too though. Next time I come across these baboons! .. WW FTW!)

I actually almost died the first time i heard this!! i laughed sooo much!

i never done this bit on my first ever play through on the GC so when i heard it the second time around it was like.... OMG!

even my cats look at the TV like 'what the hell...?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom