• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Limitations

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
This is mostly aimed toward you 3-Heart Challengers out their or anyone who just wanted to know what my Thread was about.

Do like to put limitations on yourself when your play an LoZ game other than just a 3<3<3<3 run. Do go even farther and out greater limitations when doing a 3<3<3<3 run.

I like to do this when I'm doing a 3<3<3<3.

No using shield in combat except when the game forces you to.

No using Red Potion, Bottled Fairies, or going to Fairy Fountains. (Green Potion is allowed)

I thought shortly after Insanity 74's post using the Broken Giant's Knife when Adult Link.

If I encourage you to use these standards when doing a 3-Heart Run please tell me.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm not really the sort of person who can limit themselves. I have a very strong instinct to take advantage of whatever is available to me without cheating, so imposing additional limits on myself feels unnatural. I tend to rely on external guidelines for limitations, not internal ones.

Only playing the Song of Time in MM the first time would be a big limitation! ;)

Yes, but the question is... could a person feasibly get through the whole game without resetting time, even if they made no mistakes and didn't stop for any sidequests (assuming they played the Inverted Song of Time in order to slow everything down)?

There's no point in attempting an impossible challenge.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I've not yet tried a 3-heart challenge but I'm tempted to, because for a few games, I'm getting to the point that I know the puzzles well enough that I need something different for a challenge. If I were good at gaming, my preference would be a minimalist run. However, I don't think I could do one straight away. I'd have to try an easier version...for example, if I were doing Ocarina of Time, I'd still need the defense upgrade. But once I knew what I was in for, then I'd try again with even stricter restrictions.

Yes, but the question is... could a person feasibly get through the whole game without resetting time, even if they made no mistakes and didn't stop for any sidequests (assuming they played the Inverted Song of Time in order to slow everything down)?

Depends on how much a person is willing to rearrange the story - but assuming the following is not a computer-assisted challenge (and I think I saw mistakes, so it shouldn't be), it's been done.

Z

zbygy9

Not slowing down time in Majoras Mask.

Limiting yourself to one bottle, if able. Skipping Pieces of Hearts, etc...

initialDable

going deku
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by initialDable
Only playing the Song of Time in MM the first time would be a big limitation! ;)

There's no point in attempting an impossible challenge.

Oh it is possible. Just very hard.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
No using shield in combat except when the game forces you to.

No using Red Potion, Bottled Fairies, or going to Fairy Fountains. (Green Potion is allowed)

I've done this one on OoT, except I used the shield because the sword and shield is Link's bread & butter. I only got what was absolutely needed and nothing more. Just 1 bottle, 0 heart pieces & Skulltulas, 0 weapon upgrades (no Biggoron Sword), only Din's Fire, no magic or defense upgrade, and the only things I ever put in the bottle were things I needed .. no fairies or green potions.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Sweet someone who used the same I've also completed a 3 Heart Run on MM and WW using my standards died 7 Times on my MM and 12 times on my WW but 9 of those deaths were during the Ganon battle.

Well, when I play I usually do these:

No faries
No upgrades on sword or life (Magic is an excpetion)
No potion's

You know, stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom