• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Light Tower

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Did you think the Light Tower would have some purpose in Skyward Sword when you first played the game? I didn't even notice the tower when I played.
This thread is brought to you by Ghirahimiscool.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I didnt think much of it either...I didnt even know it existed until I decided to hit random Skyloftians with the beetle and saw Jakamar hanging out on it. He got beetled. Him and night patroling Pipit xD Tried to do a sneak attack from the ledge above the sparring hall and he kept moving, but when I shot it right in front of him, he ran into it lol.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I noticed it far before, the day I got the game I was walking around trying to find easter eggs etc. I found a ladder on it, and climbed up and jumped off the edge etc. I never knew it would have a purpose, thought it was just a place to jump off.

I too initially dismissed the Light Tower. It seemed like an after thought although it was the first larger monument I noted in Skyloft. Heck, Nintendo did a pretty good job of shrouding the fact that the Goddess Harp would be playable (for those of us who didn't watch the trailer spoilers of course). That said, Nintendo made economic use of the area and it was pleasing to dish out the seldom used instrument.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
During my first playthrough of Skyward Sword, I didn't even bother to acknowledge the presence of the Light Tower until I found out it's significance. I merely saw it as a watch tower for Knights and your average Skyloftians. Boy was I wrong....

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
It is likely Skyloftians didn't know its true purpose...even after Link made such a light show with it.

They most likely used it to patrol at night, or as a place to hold ceremonies as we saw at the beggining of the game :p

Fig

The Altruist
I always knew the Light Tower would have some purpose eventually in the game. What I wished could have happened is if the Light Tower was used more efficiently rather than just being a one-time use function. It would have been cooler if the Light Tower could have some sort of mini-game where the enemies would appear at night and you have to climb the Light Tower and use your bow and arrows to take them down before they reach you! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom