• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Let's Talk About Our Favourite Movies

Yes, this. Entirely. And also everything you said. But especially this.
I don't think i have gotten around to watch the extended versions of the movies. it just takes too long. by the time I get to finish all 3 extended movies i can watch another series and thats why it is hard to sit down and watch all 3 in extended

Misty

Ronin
I don't think i have gotten around to watch the extended versions of the movies. it just takes too long. by the time I get to finish all 3 extended movies i can watch another series and thats why it is hard to sit down and watch all 3 in extended

I've only ever watched the extended versions, so I cannot really relate to this. I also regularly rewatch the and don't much bother with a new series for the sake of new. Not that you are doing the latter, but if ya are, then yeah, new doesn't necessitate better.

I've only ever watched the extended versions, so I cannot really relate to this. I also regularly rewatch the and don't much bother with a new series for the sake of new. Not that you are doing the latter, but if ya are, then yeah, new doesn't necessitate better.
i am not simply starting a new series for the sake of new but again you cant know if something is really good unless you actually watch it. i know the good movies/series that I can rewatch whenever but something new that turns out to be really good is a completely different experience.

Misty

Ronin
i am not simply starting a new series for the sake of new but again you cant know if something is really good unless you actually watch it. i know the good movies/series that I can rewatch whenever but something new that turns out to be really good is a completely different experience.

Oh, I dunno, I feel like it's pretty easy to tell if something is going to be good without much more than a trailer or list of writers/actors/directors. (Most stuff won't.)

Oh, I dunno, I feel like it's pretty easy to tell if something is going to be good without much more than a trailer or list of writers/actors/directors. (Most stuff won't.)
Do you recall after earth? trailer made it look really good but the actual movie was the biggest letdown ever.

Misty

Ronin
Do you recall after earth? trailer made it look really good but the actual movie was the biggest letdown ever.

The movie starring in a lead role the spawn of will smith that can only make one face? That movie never looked really good on inspection, it was always going to be a hilarious cringe fest with reviews, parodies, and mockeries better than the film itself could ever hope to be.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Here are a few of my favorites, not really in order - just films I really love / films that impacted me. I feel like I used to watch a lot more films than I do now.

1. Atonement
2. Doubt
3. The Perks of Being A Wallflower (one of my all time favorite books - they really nailed the casting)
4. Changeling
5. The Dreamers
6. Elephant
7. Milk
8. The September Issue
9. Boys Don't Cry
10. The Basketball Diaries

I must say I was disappointed in the Hobbit trilogy and did not find them nearly as good. The thing is I want to be able to like them, but they just don't do it for me. The music is mostly forgettable and they drag out a story over three films that could have been done in two. Plus the CGI is intrusive and I can't stand the way Azog looks. They should have gotten a human in prosthetics and makeup to perform the role not give us that computer generated monstrosity.

Have you seen any of these? https://www.reddit.com/r/TheHobbit/comments/3vv8xm/collection_of_hobbit_trilogy_fanedits_and/

They all vary slightly, but they each improve the Hobbit movies to no end and to me are the only way to watch them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom