• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lets Play on Youtube Help

Sweets

the lone swordsman
currently nowhere or time for that matter
Me and my friend (mojo) have a not so well known youtube channel we where thinking about making a lets play of Portal 2, Zelda ,and Minecraft but we don't know the software we need if you could help that would be splendid thanks.:tardis:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
To do Let's Plays?

- Microphone ($10 - $200 just depends on what you get)
This is essential to doing LPs. You need some method of recording your voice, and a microphone is typically where that method resides. Alternatives to standalone mics are built-in mics (like in a laptop), or even an iPod Nano 5G (I personally went this route before).

- Capture Cards ($10 - $500 jsut depends on what you get, and for what console)
This is another essential to LPs. In order to show video feed, you need to get a device to capture said feed. I haven't any experience with these, but frequently recommended devices* are:
Dazzle
Hauppauge HD PVR
EzCAP (not EasyCAP)
*This is only for home consoles, examples being N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Xbox 360

And if you're looking to 3DS capture, you can only do it this way:
3DS Capture Board

- Editing Software (usu. $250+)
This isn't so much essential as it is recommended. In order to splice your audio feed with video feed, you'll need something to get that accomplished. SOme people use Windows Movie Maker which is free, but I personally recommend Sony Vegas.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
What Ventus said.
You can pirate the editing software if you're feeling particularity nefarious, and don't need capture cards if you're just recording a PC game (you'll just need capturing software for that), which will make this whole venture a lot cheaper for you and your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom