• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Hey guys, I've just noticed that the trailer for Legend of Korra Book 4 has been released! You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw

And even better, it will be airing in two days! Season 3 has only finished weeks ago, and we already get a new season! Thank you Nickelodeon, I can't wait!

The trailer was very intriguing in my opinion. So many questions! Biggest 'YAY!' moment? We finally get to see Toph again! It seems that this season will be focusing on the Earth Kingdom once again. It looks like the Earth Kingdom has some kind of army which gave me a Fire Nation feeling flashback from TLA. Guess it's a good thing Korra learned metal bending in the previous season! Korra looks awesome with the haircut, definetly more mature. I found Korra's trip to the spirit oasis/portal also to be very interesting. What will she do there? Maybe it has something to do with restoring the connection to her past lives! It was also great to see that the Air Nation has evolved, considering they now use 'modern' suits instead of gliders to fly.

So, what do you guys think? What are youre expectations and/or wishes for the next season?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
This show is my love. I'm not expecting anything yet, but I do have one wish: Please let Bolin and Opal still be together. ʰᵉ ᵈᵉˢᵉʳᵛᵉˢ ʰᵉʳ⋅⋅⋅

Mask-Salesman

This show is my love. I'm not expecting anything yet, but I do have one wish: Please let Bolin and Opal still be together. ʰᵉ ᵈᵉˢᵉʳᵛᵉˢ ʰᵉʳ⋅⋅⋅

Lawl, I never really got the thing that everybody has with the love lifes of the main characters, but I guess that's personal. I've always hated that awkward love triangle with Korra, Asami and Mako, it really messed with the pace of the series. Big Bolin fan though.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
With the new episode having aired, I'm starting get a general idea of where the series is headed this season. It's obviously going to be about Korra finding some sort of enlightenment (not in a happy sense of the word, but more of a balance between things, as well as self actualization). It's clear that Korra is still dwelling on events that occurred three years ago (i.e. a near-successful attack by the Red Lotus), and she's having an identity crisis (noted at the end of the episode, where she refuses to recognize herself as the all-important Avatar). I'm very excited to see what can of journey she goes on mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and of course physically.

About Kuvira, it seems that she broke away from the Metal Clan to start her own army of sorts. I strongly feel that she took advantage of a discombobulated Ba Sing Se to build her own army. Perhaps she conspired with the Red Lotus, having ordered the collapse of the wall and the death of Queen, and while everyone was in disarray, she assumed the leadership position? That's my theory on how she'd be connected to the Red Lotus (as they appear to be the overarching antagonists).

Also, can we all take a minute to appreciate that scene with Meelo the MAN?

tumblr_ncvpm65nPZ1qi6gmko1_400.gif

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I haven't seen it yet will wait for all episodes to be out then have a giant marathon ^^ Really hope they keep the Avatar series going I would love to see a full avatar cycle. We have the Final Airbender with Fire Nation war then we had the First Avatar of a new Cycle with spirtual war and i hope we get to see an earth and fire Avatar. Roku sucked BIIIIIIG Time as an avatar.

I'll get the one thing that bugged me about this episode off my chest-why is the Earth Kingdom still trying to incorporate a monarchy only three years after a major revolution toppling the old regime?! Granted, there are a lot of protesters against returning to this system, but it's strange to see it even considered after the turmoil and revolutionary spirits that arose after the Earth Queen's death. The Earth Prince also rubs me the wrong way; maybe I'm dismissing him too early, but he does not seem to be the type of character who will receive any major development. He's a nuisance above all.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the first episode of the season. Kuwira is looking to be a very promising antagonist. I like that the creators differentiated her from past villains by showing that deception does not always work. The triangle conflict between the people of the Earth Kingdom, the bandits, and Kuwira's metal bender force should shape out to be an interesting dynamic. I have my doubts if Kuwira will be on the same level as amon or Zaheer, but she's looking promising thus far.

The airbender scenes were very well executed as well. I see the nomads have been playing too much New Super Mario Bros. U as they've stolen Mario's squirrel suit. The suits in themselves seem to represent that Tenzin has finally realized that while holding onto certain traditions is important, there needs to be an effort to modernize within the Air Nation and adapt old methods to the contemporary world.

Although we didn't get too much of a look into any of the returning characters, there are already narratives waiting to be developed such as the friction between Bolin and Opal as well as Korra still not being able to recover her former strength after three years. I can't wait for the next episode.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Oh BOY. That was a pretty good episode. It didn't live up to all of my hype, but it is just the first episode, so I still gotta wait for it to start coming together.

I really like the kind of villain Kuvira is. She's SPICY she's HOT and she's ambitious. I like how she's a positive public figure with seemingly good intentions on reuniting the earth kingdom and saving the states from bandits. But the way that she does it is so intense, I love it. It's obvious that she has much bigger plans and she probably isn't planning on handing over the kingdom to the new annoying and generic king to be, Prince Wu.

It was great to see the new Air Nation. They've moved away from some of the old Air Nomad traditions. Oh, and they threw out the gliders for some cool wingsuits. Even though we only saw Kai and Opal in action, it was still pretty cool to see them helping out.

ONE MORE THING! I was really happy to see Bolin and Opal again, but it seems like our champ is having relationship problems D: . They both seem to be doing really good for themselves, so that's good. I'm looking forward to see how it will change as this season goes on.

I'm hoping this will be the best season of the show and i'm looking forward to what's going to happen. Until then though, i'm just gonna keep speculating..

Mask-Salesman

I really liked the episode guys! Kuvira looks different then any other villain we have yet encountered. Amon comes closest, but Amon wanted to rid the world of bender, Kivura strives for order and equality. She seems more... disciplined. Wasn't that impressed with her bending so far, but you could hardly call that a battle. I agree about the soon-to-be Earth King though. He is just extremelly irritating. Seriously, he has nothing appealing in his character to me. I hope he won't play a big part in this season, but I fear he will.

Korra's situation seemed interesting. What the hell is she doing? And how the hell can the avatar lose an earth bending battle? You kinda get where this season will be going with her, but I still am very curious how the season will develop. I'd rate the first episode a 7/10, pretty good, but I expected more after the awesome season 3. Can't wait for 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom