• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Zelda Game

What is your least favorite Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seaons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
Least Favorites

]I think my least favorite would have to be.... Phantom Hourglass! It was horrible! Sure, sailing was cool in WW but they had to do it again? It was pretty bland too. I also didn't like the side scrolling in AoL, and it was pretty confusing as well. These two are my least favorite.

View attachment 28615
What's this, you say?

Last edited:

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Anyone who hates on Wind Waker just for the graphics is just really close minded in my book, most will justify it by other minor things, I personally found the boat enjoyable and a good way to just kick back and chill, some people just don't have any patience and want non-stop action the whole time, I never found a problem with the boat besides the combat, I just wish Nintendo wouldn't have ruined it by putting it's garbage sequels on DS, I mean seriously those dungeons are just absolutely horrible, but I like how Nintendo is doing some fan service to satisfy cel-shaded and realistic graphics fans and alternating cel-shading on and off every game, but they obviously took in the complaints with each and balanced them with Skyward Sword, I just hope they don't keep using the same type of graphics, I like variation from title to to title, why do you think the series is still fresh after 25 years? (sorry got a little off topic but its ok ;))

F

Flynner102

Yeah, phantom hourglass i hated it so much, like what LozzyKate said, it's a disgrace to the series. I also really disliked the touch controls.

And also Skyward Sword was a BIG disappointment for me. The game felt linear than other zelda games, and i just didn't like the setting being in the sky, but thats just my opinion, and i hated motion controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love ALL of the zelda games. yes i LOVE phantom hourglass, i LOVE adventure of link. love it. i beat it. i LOVE spirit tracks and wind waker, i love the oracles. i love em. BUT, if i HAD to pick one. definitly four swords. i mean you just cut grass and get keys. dont get me wrong. i LOVE it. but four swords adventures was better. espicially because i have 4 gameboys and 4 GBA GCN cables. so i can play 4 players when i want with my friends. its amazing. but ya definitly four swords.

Adventure of Link, I HATED that game! I would have said WW cause of all the sailing, or MM cause of the three day thing, but i am playing MM right now and gota say it isnt that bad. WW i could deal with after getting the ability to warp with the tornados. BUT, when someone else mentioned AoL, the memories and frustration all came back. I seriously quit playing AoL for i think a year before even attempting to go back to it. I might be considered close-minded or something but i just couldn't stand AoL, and i beat it for the sole purpose of beating it, for I am on the path to beat every zelda game, and MM and ST i believe are all thats left, unless you count the cd-i games, wand of gamelon, and the others that i dont count, lol

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Wow we have a lot of people here at the forum with WW as their least-favourite game, huh? I can understand that but my least favourite is actually MC. I also wanted to say, like many people here, that Zelda is my favourite series and I love all the games but MC is just the least loved game of mine. Another thing is that I've played all Zelda titles except the Oracle series and FS. Here we go. A lot of my reasons for not liking MC may seem blunt but I'm just gonna be honest and say it is personal preference here. First of all the main gameplay element of a Zelda game should be appealing to the gamer like the three day cycle or turning into a wolf which I both loved very much. MC's gameplay element of turning small did absolutely NOTHING for me. And that's basically where everything goes downhill... The bosses. In a Zelda game I like my bosses to be amusing, fun to fight and creative. I don't think MC's bosses captured any of those traits at all. For example the first boss, the large green chu-chu wasn't fun at all imo. The idea of using the gust jar and then simply slashing the hell out of it just came across as dull for me. It's the same thing with most of the bosses in the game too. Except Gyorg Pair which was a pretty awesome fight because it utilized a creative strategy.

Next point: The dungeons. I usually like dungeons in a Zelda game to be ominous and a place of mystery and challenge. In MC I think they completely failed that idea. The dungeons were as follows: a shrine filled with plants and some barrels, a cave (How original), fortress of winds (Which you might as well call cave of sand), a literal chunk of ice and then the clouds... These dungeons simply did not appeal to me. They were tricky at some points but they are now just plain boring to me. Although I did enjoy some of them.

Final point: The kinstones. I usually like sidequesting in Zelda to be thorough and precise. I want to be able to get everything available at the earliest point possible because I like to beat the games 100% most of the time. In MC I really don't like relying on simply cutting grass or exploring to find small stones that I randomly trade with anyone to trigger something that may not even be of importance. If anyone understands what I mean. And sometimes I would be searching FOREVER for a certain kinstone just to get a heartpiece and it would eventually get really boring.

So yeah. Thats why I'm not a huge fan of MC. Aside from those reasons it IS a good game, I'm just not a big fan of it. It's also the kind of Zelda game where nowadays I just can't play it all because I get bored of the story. I guess it just doesn't have great replay value for me.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The dungeons were as follows: ...a literal chunk of ice...

Notice: The following rant is meant nothing more as a joke via the serious fanboy rage of forum user JuicieJ. Please do not take any of the following statements seriously. Thank you.

That "literal chunk of ice"... is one of the greatest dungeons ever made. EVAR! GDFJJFJDIASIFJDSAFJDSLAKFLDSALFSL

LISTEN TO THAT MUSIC! JUST LISTEN TO IT!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!!!
[video=youtube;yxqRTltr6Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxqRTltr6Wc&hd=1[/video]

AND THE BOSS BATTLE, IT'S LIKE THE GREATEST BOSS EVER, OKAY NOT LITERALLY, BUT IS FREAKIN' INSANE AND IT'S AWESOME AND IT'S... GSJIOAFHIDJOSJAFIDSJAIOFDJSIOAPDFDSAAAAAAAGH!!!

M

Moneymich383

I really like the ds zeldas
but I dislike Zelda II: Adventures of Link
I just hate it

What Zelda Game is your least favorite.

My Zelda game would be the Oracle games because i personally didn't like how you had to keep changing the seasons and the times.
Now i am not saying it is the worst game in the world but those are just personal reasons i don't like the games. What Zelda game is your least favorite and say it this thread please. (Note: I have not looked around to see if someone made this thread so if you did i am sorry. I fixed the title so stop saying to me that no Zelda game is hated because I know. and I know the title says you hate the most but I want to change but can't.)

Last edited:

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I dont neccarily hate any Zelda game, most have at least average dungeons and bosses, Zelda games are the pinnacle of gaming, and i mean every one, if i had to choose one that i loved the least it would be FSA it just didnt make multplayer easy enough to use, and when they did it wasnt as good as it could have been

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom