• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Least Favorite Temple Element

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Which temple element do you find yourself disliking the most for whatever reason?

Don't just go throwing out 'water' without thinking, just because of Ocarina of time. Do you really not like the aspect of it being based on water, or the temple itself? If it's the latter, then think some more.

I always find my self not liking fire temples, possibly because I do not like lava in Zelda games. It's always plotting against me...

Even in places with less lava, like the fire temple in Ocarona of Time, I just take a disliking towards them each time I enter them. It's not the temple itself, I just don't like fire-based temples for whatever reason.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To be honest, I don't like Fire based dungeons either. Aside from SS's Earth Temple, and arguably the Goron Mines, there are almost no fire dungeons that I actually enjoy to a large extent. I just find the Fire Dungeons to be too much the same in every game. I guess that's why I like the Earth Temple so much!

Of all of them, I think my least favourite Fire dungeon, and possibly my least favourite dungeon of all (though, that's arguable) is the Fire Sanctuary. I did not like that dungeon at all, except the boss.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
For me...probably shadow. We have some good ones like Shadow Temple and Palace of Twilight...but then we have ones like Stone Tower and the Earth Temple *shudder*

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My answer is actually Water. And no, not just because of OoT, although lord knows I am tempted to open that can of worms.
I generally don't like water mechanics.
Great Bay Temple in MM is only good because of the Zora Mask's excellent swim dynamics. I like the Swamp Palace in ALttP, but that may be the only one I've actually ever enjoyed playing. Okay, maybe Ancient Cistern too but I don't really see that as a proper water dungeon so I'm not gonna count that. FYI I also couldn't stand Lakebed Temple in TP, though it is very pretty.

Generally I prefer Forest dungeons, and always find the Fire dungeons easy.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
My least favorite is probably Forest, not because it is a bad theme, but because it has never been well utilized in a good dungeon in any Zelda game.

Fire dungeons, for a variety of reasons. For one, they tend to be aesthetically displeasing. Two, they're usually not designed very well from a gameplay standpoint; although I wouldn't necessarily say they're poorly designed. More often than not, though, it's the lava...lava...lava... it irks me to no end; even more so when it serves as an impediment in a puzzle.

The best fire dungeon, in my opinion, is Fire Sanctuary thanks to its unconventional layout and thematic. If only the other fire dungeons in the series could have earned the same respect...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't have a least favorite per sé, but I guess I'll roll with the popular choice of Fire. Quote Wolf for this, but it's just lava...lava....lava...

Had they some different mechanics, I'd probably appreciate them as a whole a bit more, but they seem to be far too similar to one another without really changing it up. :/

Skittles

Rainbows!
I hate Ice Dungeons. The slipping down pits, off edges, and everywhere else just gives me one giant headache and longing to see the boss and get out of there...even when the next dungeon is the Water Temple...bleh. Ice just sucks...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I honestly can't pick one. For every bad examply of any particular element, I can think of a good one.

Maybe my least favorite concept is the idea of elemental dungeons. MM had Stone Tower and the Swamp. LOZ didn't have elemental designs at all. Zelda II did likewise. Games like LA and OoS also downplayed specific elemental types. How about some new dungeons that don't reflect this cliche? I mean that Lanayru ship dungeon in SS actually did pretty well for a dungeon with no real re-established elemental theme. Maybe we can move on to designs and greater temples by avoiding a need to follow elemental designs. I mean it works great, but I think be now we could use some new ideas to refresh the concept.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm going to say water. Not because "OH MY GOD, IT'S SO HARD!" I just find water dungeons to be really gimmicky and a waste of time.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm going to have to go with ice/snow temple themes. Those kind of dungeons usually include me falling on my butt 3290474 times, and I'm just gonna say that it gets extremely frustrating after awhile. Not to mention enemies that freeze you. Ugghh...

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I kind of enjoy all the various elements, but my least favorite one is probably forest probably because it's been a starting dungeon in many of the Zelda games as of late and thus not fully fleshed out.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of forest-themed dungeons. Not just because they're the first dungeons in the games as of late, but also I just don't find the concept that thrilling by itself. Even with OoT's Forest Temple and SS's Skyview Temple, forest-themed dungeons I like, I'm still more interested in the other thematic elements, such as Skyview's theme of a decrepit place of worship and OoT's Forest Temple of an abandoned haunted fortress.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Hmm, I don't particularly hate any type of dungeon, though my least favourite would probably be ice/snow. In ice temples, I skid around and get frozen way to often. I'm also not a fan of wind based temples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom