• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Majoras Mask Dungeon.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
As we all know, there are four dungeons in Majoras Mask. Each having their own special feactures and difficulties. Out of the four, whats your least favorite Majoras Mask dungeon and why is it you leaste favorite?

Out of all four, I have to say I disliked Great Bay Temple the most.

In Zelda games, for me, I have a huge conflict with water areas. I usually love the actual area itself, I like to see water-flowing and all that good stuff, however I absolutely hate the dungeons. The Great Bay Temple with all of it's water wheels and other devices really annoyed me, plus I hated changing the flow of water. I feel the water temples in general are usually the dungeons with the most "nuisances".

Anyways, overall, Termina Bay was a beautiful, fun area for me, however it's dungeon completely irked me. I always cringe at the start of it each time I play, as I do with most water dungeons in most Zelda games.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I just hate the Snowhead temple. Its so boring. Actually its really fun. I guess I don't have a least favorite.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have not played Majoras Mask for a long time, however I can remember how intensely unpleasant the Great bay temple was as well as its boss. Not only was the dungeon itself frustrating and tedious with it's water changing it concluded with a fight which was much too hard in my view. The fight with Gyorg was long and hard and I died too many times. I generally hate water dungeons I think the only one I have ever enjoyed was the Ancient cistern.

My favourte dungeon in Majoras mask has got to be the stone tower temple. When I had Majoras Mask for the N64 I never actually finished the game however when I bought the Zelda collectors edition I decided to give it another shot. I managed to actually get to the Stone tower temple this time and it surprised me with how much I enjoyed the place. The puzzles were fun the music was excellent and the boss and Mini boss were great too as well as the Giants mask.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I can't say I hate any of the dungeons. I love them all.

I found the Woodfall Temple to be pretty cool, and it had a good atmosphere for the first dungeon in the game. The poisoned water was a nice touch, and it had plenty of interesting puzzles. The boss fight was pretty good, too. All in all, I'd say it was a good dungeon.

The Snowhead Temple was pretty neat too. I liked how it was like climbing a great tower, and the puzzles were really good. Not to mention it looked really cool. The boss was kind of a pain, but a lot of fun to fight. Overall it's a great dungeon.

Great Bay Temple was really tricky for me, but only in collecting all of the stray fairies. It was pretty good otherwise. The water wheels made for some good fun, and the puzzles were nice and tricky. I notice some people saying changing the water flow was annoying, but it's not any worse than changing the water level in the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. And that wasn't so bad either. So personally I don't find that argument very plausible. The boss was a very good challenge, too. Gyorg was a great boss.

I'd imagine a lot of people would complain about Stone Tower Temple, but personally, I love it. It's the best dungeon in the game. It makes you use nearly everything you've gotten in the game thus far, which was awesome. The puzzles were challenging and the boss fight was epic. All in all, I'd say it's one of the greatest dungeons in the whole series.

Overall I can't say I dislike any of the dungeons. I like them all. I can't really pick a least favorite.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I have to say, most of the temples were awesome, but the great bay temple annoyed and frustrated me to no end. The boss was difficult and incredibly frustarating as well. I actually liked the parts leading up to the great bay temple, but the temple itself was really difficult. (Is there some rule that all Zelda water temples have to be really annoying?)

MW7

Woodfall Temple was my least favorite, but I still felt like it was a very good dungeon. It just didn't have nearly the complexity of the other three dungeons. I absolutely loved the puzzles in the other dungeons, but there just wasn't anything that difficult in Woodfall.

Fig

The Altruist
I love all dungeons in Majora's Mask, but there is one I thought was pretty difficult. That dungeon is the Great Bay Temple. I was always frustrated how it will take some time for me to go to the next portion of the dungeon. One could get lost very quickly and also might forget what to do in the future areas of the dungeon. A player must also master the control of Zora Link if he/she wants to continue on! All I'm saying is that you will need a lot of patience to complete the Great Bay Temple.

Woodfall Temple was my least favorite, but I still felt like it was a very good dungeon. It just didn't have nearly the complexity of the other three dungeons. I absolutely loved the puzzles in the other dungeons, but there just wasn't anything that difficult in Woodfall.

I agree Woodfall wasn't very challenging, and didn't have much in the way of new ideas, but I view it as sort of a tutorial to how the dungeons in the game will function. Everything about it is fairly straightforward, from the first room, all the way to the boss. This dungeon did have the potential to be more mind-bending/challenging/better, but given its placement early in the game, I can't entirely fault it for its simplicity.

I suppose my least favorite dungeon is the Great Bay dungeon. Not because of the intricate pump system, but simply because of the frustration that certain other mechanics in the temple cause. The flow of the water, for instance, can cause you to have to circle back around the temple if you accidentally swim through a passage you didn't mean to, and waste time. There's a stray fairy at the bottom of the giant central room that I always have a ridiculous time getting because I have to fight the circling current. In addition to the current, the ice arrows, if shot at water too close to a wall, don't connect with the water, wasting your magic. All in all, I don't dislike the temple. It's just my least favorite because of a couple annoying mechanics.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
My least favorite is Snowhead, simply because it was very frustrating for me. I found it to be long and difficult, and the layout was very confusing; I remember being stuck here for a very long time. Plus I hate being a Goron – it's too slow and I've never gotten the hang of that rolling thing. (The amount of times I had to replay that one rolling part inside of the moon at the end of the game to get the Fierce Deity's Mask... ugh...)

I have a feeling that I don't like Great Bay Temple too much either, but it's been so long since I last played through it that I can't really judge. (I've been replaying MM lately, and I literally just awoke that turtle, so I'm about to go in there and refresh my fading memory... wish me luck...)

I enjoyed all the dungeons in Majora's Mask, but if I had to choose a least favorite, it would be the Woodfall Temple. The Woodfall Temple was too straightforward in my opinion. It was the one temple I didn't find myself wondering: "Where do I go next?"

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
In order from least to greatest:
4. Woodfall
3. Snowhead
2. Great Bay
1. Stone Tower

so, Woodfall is my answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom