• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Least Favorite Elements in Zelda?

Big Octo

=^)
So the reason we're all here is because we absolutely love the Zelda series. But still, there are certain quirks about it that we wished we didn't see, such as certain plots, puzzles, characters, and so on. Personally, I never really liked Tingle, as do many other people. When he was first introduced in Majora's Mask, I thought "Hey, who or what is this guy? He looks like an ugly creep." I hoped I wouldn't have to see him again any time soon or in another Zelda Title. When I played The Wind Waker for the first time and I entered the cell on Windfall Island, I was struck with disappointment, thinking, "Crap, not him again!" After he gave me the Tingle Tuner, which I used only about two times in all of my play-throughs, I was angered that we were encouraged to use him and let him help us. Whenever I got my Triforce Charts translated, I absolutely hated how he sapped almost all of my rupees. That's just what I think. What in the Zelda Series did you find and not like?

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
One thing that I had a hard time with in earlier Zelda games was how as soon as you got out of a dungeon, you went right back into another one. Twilight Princess really fixed this, but I was being forced to go find all the sidequests possible in Ocarina of Time for something else to do, because there was nothing in between the dungeons.

LordKorloros

Jared Moore
Not enough enemies and were all too easy. I also noticed a lack of military-anything, like soldiers. Seriously what the hell, how do you hold a castle with no soldiers?

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I missed seeing longer dungeons and new puzzles. Alot of the dungeons in Zelda games were very short. PH and ST are an example to this. I like to be challenged when in a dungeon, and I want to be there for a while, not out in a blink of an eye. Also, the puzzles in Zelda games can be repetitive. I mean, look at all the block puzzles. I want a new puzzles, ones never before seen and not at all similar to other ones.

I also resent the fact that we never see Zelda in may of the games. We are questing to save her, and she helps us on our mission, but she is never a big part of the story. Its easy to forget about her while playing, because of her lack of influence. A good example of this was Twilight Princess. You saw her twice before the final battle.

Other than that, I absolutly loved many of the Zelda games. Navi and Tingle were never a big problem for me, and the design of the games never put me down. I hope that Nintendo fixes these minor problems, and makes the Zelda we know and love even better.

Kazumi

chagy
I'd say that my least favourite element in Zelda is how bland and boring all of the NPCs are. They say the same drab and useless things over and over again, and very rarely do they have anything useful to contribute. It's even more rare that they would have a side quest for you, or some sort of back story. Twilight Princess is especially bad for this. When I first walked in to Castle Town I was really excited to see it all. This place was much larger than any previous city in a Zelda game, and I wanted to see everything in it. Unfortunately, it took me less than half an hour to explore every inch of it. There is nothing to do.

I think that Nintendo really needs to "spice up" the NPCs and NPC interaction. So far the best game for this was Majora's Mask, as at least then most every NPC had a back story, something interesting to say, and often a side-quest for you to complete. I'm hoping that Skyward Sword manages to create a living and believable world that I can actually get immersed in. If they did that, I would be so much more interested in the game, and definitely play it for a lot longer.

All those frickin' rupees and nothing to do with them! What's the point of putting rupees under half the bushes, if they aren't going to help?

"My name is Princess Zelda"...you killed my father! Prepare to die! But seriously, does Zelda have to introduce herself in EVERY game? I'm pretty sure Link was able to figure out who she is.

Link not talking is starting to get on my nerves. Several games have proven that you don't need a silent protagonist in a game like this. I want to hear Link make snarky comments or something.

No voice acting? Um...why not?

All those frickin' rupees and nothing to do with them! What's the point of putting rupees under half the bushes, if they aren't going to help?

"My name is Princess Zelda"...you killed my father! Prepare to die! But seriously, does Zelda have to introduce herself in EVERY game? I'm pretty sure Link was able to figure out who she is.

Link not talking is starting to get on my nerves. Several games have proven that you don't need a silent protagonist in a game like this. I want to hear Link make snarky comments or something.

No voice acting? Um...why not?
In Adventure of Link he says "I Found A Mirror Under The Table"

I dislike the way that once you find out a bosses pattern, it's usually very easy to beat it. I'd like to see bosses that require fast reflexes or something that would allow the player to have difficulty with it every time it is played.

I dislike the way that once you find out a bosses pattern, it's usually very easy to beat it. I'd like to see bosses that require fast reflexes or something that would allow the player to have difficulty with it every time it is played.
i feel the same way to. they also don't fast or rapidly like in older games. Its like the swing a sword then wait for you to hit them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom