• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Leaked Skyward Sword Music? Your Thoughts?

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
::NOTICE::
Before you read this thread, I would like to make clear that this topic HAS already been posted on the forums. However, I made this thread to share my spectulations about this topic and see what the members of Zelda Dungeon have to say and share about it. I am simply making observations in this thread.

I would also like to add that I started writing this post a while back, but I never got around to finishing it. But, I worked so hard on it that I couldn't just leave it in my documents forever. Plus, I would absolutely love to hear from the members of ZeldaDungeon. Please comment and state your opinions on this topic~

I know that most of the new threads in the Skyward Sword section of the Forums, are mainly about theories on the new trailers, or unboxing videos. This topic is kind of lost in our brains. So, in a way, this thread changes things up a bit. Please take the time to read this thread and set forth your own theory.

A couple of months ago, while searching the internet for fan-made Skyward Sword music, I happened to come across a short Youtube video with the title, "Song leaked from Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword?" So obviously, always on the lookout for new Skyward Sword information, I had to check it out. The, "leaked music" apparently was discovered in late May/early June. If you have never seen this video before, I have posted it below for you to watch and devise your own point of view on whether or not it's a fake.

~-~-~

[video=youtube_share;gX47S9NzVDA]http://youtu.be/gX47S9NzVDA[/video]

~-~-~

Now, this very well could be a fake. A very well faked fake, but nevertheless, the possibility is still there. I did some research on the leaked song, and it seems that one of the first websites that this song was mentioned on, was 4chan.com. If you've never heard of 4chan, I should probably tell you that 4chan is normally not a very reputable source. Just take a look at 4chan's Pre-E3, "Leaked Information."

[Pre-E3 Zelda Rumors - Zelda Informer]

If you clicked on the link above, you'll see all of the pre-E3 lies that 4chan has reported. Only one of these rumors is entirely truthful at the moment.

As we near closer and closer to Skyward Sword's release, the credibility of this "leaked song" is seeming to decline slowly. This happens to be yet another reason that this music could be fictitious. We have heard a variety of Skyward Sword music by now, and this leaked song hasn't come up anywhere in the game yet. When I first heard this piece of leaked music, I immediately thought of it as being a Hyrule Field type of melody. But, considering that there will not be a "Hyrule Field" in Skyward Sword, I had to settle for the conclusion that this song would make it's first appearance while you soar across the sky on your Loftwing. However, that hypothesis crumbled when we were shown videos such as the "Flying to Eldin Volcano" footage, and the gameplay from the "Traveling Trailer." My only theory left is that the leaked song will appear as the song for the credits, and even that seems a bit far fetched.

The Morning Theme

The music clip starts out with a very well-known melody; the morning theme (Sun's Song), which makes an appearance in The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. However, the leaked sound clip's morning theme is definitely different from TWW, MM, OoT, and TP's morning themes. I have compared all of the different morning themes to the sound clip, and, though it may not seem like it, they all have their own distinct sound (with the exception of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask's morning themes; they basically sound the same).

The Wind Waker's morning theme has a slower tempo than the others, and also seems to have a bit of an Irish influence put into the background of the song. It doesn't include the blaring trumpets in the background that the other morning themes have. Instead, the trumpets are replaced with various string instruments.

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time's morning themes sound basically the same throughout the entire melody, but slightly different at the very beginning. I noticed that Ocarina of Time's first notes hold out a bit longer than the first notes belonging to the morning theme from Majora's Mask. It's certainly a very small difference between the two songs, but it's enough to know that OoT’s morning theme and MM's morning theme are, in fact, not the exact same song.

Twilight Princess's morning theme clearly was influenced by Ocarina of Time's morning theme. They both feature the same instruments and background music to go along with the melody. But, of course, Twilight Princess's morning theme sounds more updated than Ocarina of Time's. Something else that I noticed that makes a big difference between TP's and OoT's themes, is the pitch of the first several notes. TP's first notes sound like they're an octave lower than OoT's starting notes. Again, this is a small distinction between the two, but I think that it makes a big difference.

Skyward Sword's possible morning theme seems to resemble that of Twilight Princess's morning theme. They seem to use the same instruments for the most, and just like TP's, the starting notes of Skyward Sword's possible morning theme sound about an octave lower than the other variations of the morning theme. But, SS's starting notes also seem to resonate a bit more than TP's notes do, and in my opinion, they sound much more cheerful than TP's first notes. Another thing that I noticed and would like to point out, is that unlike the other morning themes, the first notes of SS's possible morning theme almost sound like chords in a way (Please note that this may just be because of the quality of the video). If you listen to the other morning themes, you should notice that single notes, not chords, play the beginning notes (Sun's Song).

To sum up all of the past morning themes, the Wind Waker's morning theme features plenty of string instruments and because of that, the song seems to capture that, "Irish feel" that the entire WW soundtrack has to it. In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, the first several notes are high-pitched, and almost seem to portray a bird. Both of their morning themes also seem to capture the very essence of morning. Twilight Princess's morning theme was created to sound like an orchestra without being orchestrated. If you listen closely, you should be able to notice strings, woodwinds, and even brass making an appearance.

~-~-~
I have posted TWW, MM, OoT, and TP's morning themes below just in case you would like to see for yourself.

The Wind Waker

Majora's Mask

Ocarina of Time

Twilight Princess
~-~-~

So you may be wondering why I am taking the time to point out the small distinctions between the "leaked music's morning theme" and the official morning themes from past Zelda games. Well, my intention of pointing out these differences, is to show you that the "leaked music" couldn't be ripped from another Zelda game. It has its own unique style that has never been used before in another Zelda game, and I will continue to verify this fact in the next section.

The "Hyrule Field" Theme

Now, we'll move on to the rest of the sound clip. This is the part of the clip that would make a great Hyrule Field-like theme.

When I first listened to this music clip, I was rendered speechless. I immediately thought about all of the new and exciting music that Nintendo is going to bring us through Skyward Sword. I couldn't stop playing the video over and over again. Now that I've heard a share of other SS music, I'm not so excited about this music clip anymore. I'm more excited to hear other new music clips from SS that are indeed comfirmed unlike this mysterious melody that 4chan has brought us.

The most noticeable aspect about this clip, is that this track definitely sounds like something that you would hear in a Zelda game, especially now that we've had a small taste of what's to come in SS. It contains that strong beat in the background that SS's main theme also has. Additionally, Zelda's Lullaby is found in the "leaked music clip." Another big thing that I noticed, is that this clip sounds beautifully orchestrated, but unfortunately, there's no way of telling if this track truly is orchestrated or not. Even if it's not orchestrated, there still is the possibility of it being in Skyward Sword if it is Nintendo's music. Take a look at this quote from Eiji Aonuma:

Eiji Aonuma said:
Nintendo Power: Given the orchestral performance of Zelda music at Nintendo's E3 press conference, can we expect Skyward Sword to have a fully orchestrated soundtrack?

Eiji Aonuma: I wouldn't call it completely orchestrated, because we have decided in certain situations and parts of the game to use music based on what the Wii can synthesize in order to provide more effective music. But there are quite a few songs during the course of the game that are fully orchestrated and recorded.

As you can see, there will be some un-orchestrated songs in Skyward Sword in addition to several orchestrated songs, so this music clip could still be included in SS if it's, 1. Not orchestrated, and 2. It's made by Nintendo. We still don't know if either of these two things are true or not, but we will be finding out soon when we all get the chance to play Skyward Sword for ourselves.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this monster of a post. Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts on this subject. I very much look forward to reading your comments and theories about whether this music clip is true or false. If you have decided that this "leaked music clip" is false, please state your theories on the origins of this leaked music. I would love to hear about what the members of ZD think! :zelda:

I can confirm you 100% that this clip is fake, and that the music in Skyward Sword sounds at least 100 times better than this midi crap ;)

The new Hyrule Field has been replaced by the Sky, and this song is most likely the new "Hyrule Field Theme" you're looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRbROTdOgj0

I can see that you're very much into Zelda music, and I can please you by saying that Skyward Sword has very great music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom