• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
The best kids shows are always the ones that don't treat their audience like kids

I think shows like family guy only exist because adults want to watch something and that's all there is it's depressing

2D animation has a lot of advantages over 3d animation but it's time consuming and harder than 3d so we'll never get advancements in 2d animation

Adult animation is as much of a genre as anime is, if not more

Gorozoron

wild ride
What a fascinating argument, I'm very persuaded of your view on that
Animation is a medium, it's not inherently meant for one audience or another. Adult animation should exist, just like how adult live-action films should, you can not like the current state of adult animation or adult film or whatever but saying it shouldn't exist is ridiculous.
Animation is a story telling medium and has been disrespected for years and Chevy you're acting the same way many ****ing idiots for years have acted towards the medium. Animation has been treated as a genre and as **** for kids forever and has not been treated like an art and this has personally annoyed me for most of my life. The massive amount of work and effort that goes into it, the limitless potential for storytelling hasn't been truly seen because of this mindset and people who spread it. I'm sorry if I'm a little rude but this kind of disrespect towards an art I hold close to my heart always pisses me off. Animation can be used to make pretty much anything, be made for anyone, but has been locked in this tiny box and that makes me so damn angry.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Animation is a story telling medium and has been disrespected for years and Chevy you're acting the same way many ****ing idiots for years have acted towards the medium. Animation has been treated as a genre and as **** for kids forever and has not been treated like an art and this has personally annoyed me for most of my life. The massive amount of work and effort that goes into it, the limitless potential for storytelling hasn't been truly seen because of this mindset and people who spread it. I'm sorry if I'm a little rude but this kind of disrespect towards an art I hold close to my heart always pisses me off. Animation can be used to make pretty much anything, be made for anyone, but has been locked in this tiny box and that makes me so damn angry.
Just because something is for kids doesn't mean it's bad lol. And just because something is crammed with adult jokes, as Family Guy is I'm sure, doesn't mean it's good.

Gorozoron

wild ride
Is anime really a genre? It’s a medium to me. It’s just a style of animation but does that really make it a genre?
It's about as much of a genre as like k-pop.
Where it's from it's just pop/animation but everywhere else it's a genre.
Of course anime has more variety than K-Pop because it is just Japanese animation and animation can be used for multiple genres.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
My basis for saying that adult animation should not exist is the fact that pretty much all of it is just full of adult humor, which is a huge no-no in my book. Sure, there could be animation with more mature themes, but pretty much all of it today is just mindless garbage

Gorozoron

wild ride
My basis for saying that adult animation should not exist is the fact that pretty much all of it is just full of adult humor, which is a huge no-no in my book. Sure, there could be animation with more mature themes, but pretty much all of it today is just mindless garbage
So you just dislike the current state of adult animation? You think it can be BETTER. There's no reason it shouldn't exist but it could be much better. The issue is that it's just mindless junk and full of adult humor which is a big no-no or something.

I mean that adult humor thing is dumb as **** but still, that's a lot more reasonable than "it shouldn't exist", say something like that.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So you just dislike the current state of adult animation? You think it can be BETTER. There's no reason it shouldn't exist but it could be much better. The issue is that it's just mindless junk and full of adult humor which is a big no-no or something.

I mean that adult humor thing is dumb as **** but still, that's a lot more reasonable than "it shouldn't exist", say something like that.
I mean, saying I think it could be better isn't exactly true, fact is I don't really care, more power to you if you do ofc, but in my mind "adult animation" means inappropriate shows, so in my mind it shouldn't exist. Just my pov

Gorozoron

wild ride
I mean, saying I think it could be better isn't exactly true, fact is I don't really care, more power to you if you do ofc, but in my mind "adult animation" means inappropriate shows, so in my mind it shouldn't exist. Just my pov
It means inappropriate shows as much as adult live-actions shows means inappropriate shows.
Those shouldn't exist too right?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
FUVjIouX0AM9o6e

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom