• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

when the bug fables devs announced they were making the artbook available digitally to everyone, i missed the announcement and my friend just sent me the pic of the wasp king that they included in the tweet and i ****IN THOUGHT IT WAS FANART because they changed his design because it was like early art and it was whiplash from thinking "this is nice fanart" to WAIT THERES A WHOLE CANON COMIC DEDICATED TO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER?

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
There is not much Kafei and Anju fanart, and I do wish there was more

And not much of Theo from Celeste either unfortunately. I like him in general but I like his friendship with Madeline a lot, but there's not much fanart of them both in one fanart

I should learn how to digital draw, or start scanning my pencil and pen drawings and coloring them digitally, one of the reasons I wanted to be an artist is when I can't find fanart of something in particular, I make it

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok I'm gonna game then go to bed then have a busy day tomorrow so see y'all either tomorrow night or sometime Monday
OIP.xAXYUY2pQRLUX9hxkGkeZAHaEu

i need to re/consider my current digital art situation because the writing project im working on is gonna have accompanying art and im not sure how much i really want to do full paintings with mouse. its doable but might require more energy than i have.. mouse art requires me to slow down and be cleaner which kind of fights with what paintings are for me

im gonna point to gimp as an ideal starting digital art software just because like, it sort of sets you up for like the general workspace for other art or editing programs. learning how to deal with layers is probably like one of the things that's overwhelming the first time trying an art program, and gimp felt very friendly for figuring them out.

since gimp doubles as an editing software you might get more mileage for retouching a scan with it as well, but you probably could manage that in other programs as well, especially if you have intentions of drawing over or on top of the original sketch

this is probably not a good program to start with because they more technical, but i feel like i should mention that vector programs like inkscape have built in bitmap tracing i believe its called, that you can have it automatically detect linework from a scanned image, so you dont actually have to redo your lineart. but the lineart has to have a lot of contrast between the page for it to work well.

but you basically can cleanly bucket fill the cells where it traced afterward. vector programs dont use pixels, rather curves, so the coordinates for each point in a line is what it renders an image with, so coloring is a lot more crisp looking. i'd have to see how different inkscape is since the last time i used it in 2014, cuz its possible it's more user friendly now. but yeah i would recommend learning a raster program (programs that use pixels, not curves) like gimp or krita first but your mention of linework made me think of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom