• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
0-F77-D536-42-EE-4513-A7-C0-A7-BE9-A10-BE57.jpg

ZD mods when

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
ngl, I wish you could change the MC you play as in RF5 any time you like
not vibing with most of the bachelorettes and wouldn't mind marrying one of the bachelors as F!MC for the hell of it
I have the same problem with Monster Hunter which requires a voucher of all things to do it and doesn't even let you change your name lmao
you should be able to fully swap between the options and have the dialogue change at any time, especially in a relatively low-asset/less intensive game like RF

i mostly picked the female mc because the male looked like a really generic anime dude like an aged up kiel and it was like... embarrassing to look at lol
i agree the bachelorettes are kind of meh. lucy and beatrice and scarlett are pretty alright, and fuuka and ludamilla are actually kind of fun but not as romance options thats a lil creepy and questionable. and priscilla is literally a psychopath stalker disguised as an innocent angel

i mean on one hand, you can just work on getting everyones heart events taken care indiscriminately of as you work toward the game ending and then you'll have less to do when you can change the appearance later i guess.

also i ate too many jelly beans

twilitfalchion

Staff member
yeahhhhhh
there's also them all looking kinda young, especially compared to the dudes
like, even the guys have burly wolf uncle bro to balance out the younger ones
meh, it's no big deal, I suppose
just a fun thing to work on on the side with the main game

fair. the events seem to pop up fairly quickly (friend/heart levels in general seem to raise pretty fast, actually), which kinda surprised me, but it makes them easy to do quick enough.
also odd to have them all be called romance events when so far they amount to doing random stuff for the people involved. :shrugs:

F

yeah i did notice that. i think its an artstyle problem more than anything cuz like the older (unmarriageable) women *look* the same age as most of bachelors (in their 20s, 30s), while the older (unmarriageable) men look like middle aged guys. but like its obvious the average age of the romanceable cast is probably 20s but just like, anime girl syndrome takes hold. especially this portrait artist really uh, has a different way of drawing girls and guys. so many obnoxious anime abs. :/

the guys' events were way more normal and neutral than the girls, and its a really strange double standard that they think girls are just clingier than guys? they shouldnt be blatantly romantic until after you make dating them official imo. whats the point of even having them flagged as a girlfriend/boyfriend prior to marriage if all the creepy romance stuff happens before that anyway

one thing i do really appreciate about rf5 is the soundtrack though. like i think it introduced more original tracks than any previous title. i dont know the tides soundtrack as well to be certain if they reused anything from there, but there appear to only be four tracks reused from past titles, one from each of the mainline games, and everything else is totally new.

toros cave from rf1 is a dungeon theme
blessia island from rf2 is the kelve volcanic region theme
diary theme for rf3 is the diary theme again lol
world of fields from rf4 is phoros woodlands

waiting for disgruntled goblin to upload the penultimate dungeon theme cuz i think that might be my favorite in the game.

edit: oh the post game dungeon was the sharance maze song from rf3 as well i THINK

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

Staff member
yeah i did notice that. i think its an artstyle problem more than anything cuz like the older (unmarriageable) women *look* the same age as most of bachelors (in their 20s, 30s), while the older (unmarriageable) men look like middle aged guys. but like its obvious the average age of the romanceable cast is probably 20s but just like, anime girl syndrome takes hold. especially this portrait artist really uh, has a different way of drawing girls and guys. so many obnoxious anime abs. :/
yeahhhh
I think designs in general for the characters in 5 are kinda weak, but the art style definitely doesn't help.
compared to 4 (my main point of reference) where most everyone looked on even footing with age apart from the obv Amber/Kiel and elderly/Porco types.
but from what I've seen of past RF games, the same seems to be mostly true there as well
the guys' events were way more normal and neutral than the girls, and its a really strange double standard that they think girls are just clingier than guys? they shouldnt be blatantly romantic until after you make dating them official imo. whats the point of even having them flagged as a girlfriend/boyfriend prior to marriage if all the creepy romance stuff happens before that anyway
hm, that is weird.
sounds like the kind of tropes/archetypes you'd find in bad fanfiction or harem stuff, honestly
with female characters existing/acting for the sake of the male MC and such
I mean being obsessed with MC is Ludmila's schtick in general, so
one thing i do really appreciate about rf5 is the soundtrack though. like i think it introduced more original tracks than any previous title. i dont know the tides soundtrack as well to be certain if they reused anything from there, but there appear to only be four tracks reused from past titles, one from each of the mainline games, and everything else is totally new.

toros cave from rf1 is a dungeon theme
blessia island from rf2 is the kelve volcanic region theme
diary theme for rf3 is the diary theme again lol
world of fields from rf4 is phoros woodlands

waiting for disgruntled goblin to upload the penultimate dungeon theme cuz i think that might be my favorite in the game.

edit: oh the post game dungeon was the sharance maze song from rf3 as well i THINK
that's neat to know
so far I think the music's definitely one of the high points, ngl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom