• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lake Hylia Skyloft Crater?

I can't find this theory anywhere after Googling and looking through a lot of pages on here.

I'm sure that this is out there somewhere but i want someone to tell me if i'm right or wrong or could be either or none.

Lake Hylia is obviously named after the Goddess and the Lake is pretty much a huge hole in the ground in most renditions of games it appears in such as OoT and TP. You also use the cannon to get to the City in the Sky (ruins of skyloft most likely) which could mean Skyloft wouldnt be too far from Lake Hylia. so- Was Lake Hylia created when the Goddess took a portion of the land when she raised Skyloft?

Last edited:
This is actually a rather interesting theory that may indeed have some credible ground.

The relation of Skyward Sword to the creation story detailed in Ocarina of Time is rather fuzzy. Before the release of Skyward Sword, I would have said the Goddesses simply created the lake when the kingdom of Hyrule rose from the earth. I support your theory although there may be others to refute it later on. ;)

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
While the "skyloft being city in the sky" thing is debatable, I think you got a really good theory here, great observation skills!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Hm. Never actually thought of that. It does make sense when you also take into consideration that the Statue of the Goddess was in Faron Province with Lake Floria (which I'm assuming is future Lake Hylia) and they both were in Skyloft.

I don't think Lake Floria is Lake Hylia, in SS Floria is in Faron Province, but in TP the lake is in Lanayru Province.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
As mentioned above Lake Hylia is found in Lanayru Province in TP but it would be more likely that it could be the Lake Hylia in OoT though.

I think this is a great theory as well! And it is not hard to believe that the sections of the proviences have changed and shifted over time, so I don't believe this theory should loose any credit and consideration because of it.

But do all the maps in each game reflect each other? this is something we'd have to think about when saying where certain things originated from. It's possible that the land that was raised into the sky became lake hylia and it's possible that lake hylia is lake floria. Lake Floria is the only new body of water that has been introduced when pertaining to the land of Hyrule. And we all assume that the surface of Skyward Sword becomes Hyrule.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Sorry, there are no geographical or visual similarities between Floria and Hylia, Lake Floria is a cavern in the middle of a dense wood, lake Hylia is a huge lake which gets water from zoras domain, there are no similarities, I think it's just another body of water

There are no similarities but as we have seen in all Zelda games is that the landscapes are all different and usually don't pertain to one another eventhough, most of them take place in Hyrule! Landscapes can change over time and we have seen many drastic changes between games and time periods so definitely anything is possible!

Yeah like felipe970421 said, I believe that Lake Floria is just a Lake-like body that hasn't been seen in anything games. It was not needed in the plot of any other game so we didn't need to see it. It is kind of secluded from the rest of that province so it would make sense Link would never have went there in previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom