• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

l

I don't think we need any proof or evidence that Zelda and Link are quite obviously a perfect couple. About the loftwings though, I think that Zelda refers to her Loftwing as a "he" early in the game. However I don't think we know Link's loftwing's gender. If they were both male loftwings then that would make that theory a little weird.

I don't think we need any proof or evidence that Zelda and Link are quite obviously a perfect couple. About the loftwings though, I think that Zelda refers to her Loftwing as a "he" early in the game. However I don't think we know Link's loftwing's gender. If they were both male loftwings then that would make that theory a little weird.

I do not remember this at all.

Wow, you make some interesting points TheBlueReptile. I always knew that there were subtle hints throughout the game of Link and Zeldas relationship in the form of their Loftwings, but I never connected the dots like you so impressively did. Personally, I believe they lived together on the surface after the game, and I formulated that theory before reading this because that is the only sensible way a civilization such as Hyrule could have formed. Along with this, I also believe that they formed a relationship together while they settled down on the surface.

Regretibly, like you said, Nintendo leaves us with little more than subtle hints to form theories such as this one, and the result of that means it could go either way. While I personally agree with everything you said, I could easily play devil's advocate and say that what Zelda was refering to right before she got sucked down by Ghirahim's tornado was the "feeling" she got before you saved your Loftwing. This easily puts a huge chunk in your theory, leaving it souly up to interpretation. Curse Nintendo!

Also, not to be nit-picky, but I think this serves a better place in Zelda theory. Just sayin'.

Now usually I would run with this in a Zelda game. But given the speech before such events and the fact that previously when contemplating the "feeling" she zoned out I rule this out as a possibility. Especially since she essentially asks Link out only seconds before we get to this point. Perhaps this should go into the theory section eventually. However my original post was more an analysis than a theory.

It still doesn't prove or disprove anything, which is my whole point. But if you want to excuse that idea, than I can easily say that she was simply about to apologize for doubting Link and his flying skills with his Loftwing. Before he won the race, Zelda was extremley skeptical as to whether or not he had the ability to win. He did, and proved her wrong. It could have simply been an apology.

Like I said, your theory holds most accurate, and Zelda was probably going to ask Link out (or something along those lines), but it cannot be proven or disproven. It's pretty annoying if you ask me. For once I wish Nintendo didn't do this and gave us a difinitive answer.

Both Loftwings are male (although I forget what it is that tells us Link's loftwing is male) but the connection between the loftwings is not a romantic one. They are merely making the journey from the other half of their respective owners, to the other halves of each other. It's the same way in which Link can have a connection with his male Loftwing. There's nothing weird about it.

Okay, I was just checking ;)

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would say that you could say almost for sure that link and zelda have a romantic relationship in skyward sword. Nintendo even sent out a trailer that was titled skyward sword romance trailer.

I just love how Link and Zelda are... you know their relationship. When I play Skyward Sword I'm always like ' I have to save my girl'

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
This was a strange step for Nintendo because in other Zelda games, they add people who Link also likes, like Ilia and Malon, and neverr establish a romance w/ Link & Zelda.

i think they are li love with each other i mean when she push's him off the statue she got so close to him like she wanted to kiss him

I completely agree with the Loftwing and Zelda/Link love connection sort of thing. But the Loftwings may not have a romantic relationship, they might have like a very special bond as well? But yeah, im a bit confused on how Link and Zelda transform into a whole human population in Hyrule. Possibly people from Skyloft joined them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom