• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Knight Missions

They could've just make Ganondorf a minor character and the games can reveal he had some kind of importance to Ocarina of Time. The news about Skyward Sword is great.

Last edited:
Well, Aonuma said that they don't even have a name yet...so I doubt that this Knight academy is THAT central to the story. But I think that this academy is going to be responsible for a good part of mini-games or some kind of a sequence of parallel quests (like sky surveillance missions, delivering missions etc) that maybe are rewarded with advanced combat training (hidden skills).

But I would hate to see the main story driven by knight missions -it's a poor narrative resource just like in FF:Crisis Core, feel repetivive and artificial. Or worst, having a senior ordering Link around and on what to do next, it would throw the story in the bin instantly. The Group was terrible for the narrative in TP, Link looked so dumb going there after every dungeon to know what to do next, it felt so anti-adventurous.

The Knight academy is a good starting point, feels fresh and may be a good suportive element, but I hope that the "main quest" is not entirely led by this, or it wouldn't feel as epic and brave as I'm expecting.

Big Octo

=^)
Not be a pain, but an article on the news page of this website is nearly identical to this. The points given by others are also very similar. Sorry TK, but this has been done before. Good writing, though.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Well Cococrash11, what I believe will happen in the story is that probably at the end of the game, Link somehow defeated the great evil that runs the land below the clouds, and then there will be a prophecy on the next great evil, of which I think is Ganondorf, and only one who can defeated this next great evil is none other than The Hero of Time. Now think back to the final battle of Ocarina of time, where Link defeated Ganondorf and all of the 7 sages are about to seal Ganondorf away, do you remember what Rauru said to the other sages before they start the sealing? Rauru:Ancient Creators of Hyrule!
Now, open the sealed door and send the Evil
Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil
Realm!!
Wow, The Evil Incarnation of Darkness. Now thats telling me something. I think there will be a King of Darkness, in Skyward sword that Link have to defeated and then Ganondorf will be the new King of Darkness.

Wow Billy Ninja, I dont know what to say about that:dry:

So you really think so huh, Reaca?

Well Big Octo, the reason why I did this thread was to hear how other people feel about the things that Eiji Aonuma said in the interview, and I just picked out the Knight Academy for this topic because I feel that it was the most information, that interest me. There's nothing wrong with listening to what people have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
knights.png

There are what appear to be three graduated "knights" (I doubt that's what they'll be called). Their uniform looks similar to Link's tunic (especially the one on the left) and may be its new origin. Now we just need to find out why the Kokiri copied it.

Link may interact with these knights along the way, like many have posted. They all have the same sword that Link starts out with, so he may learn some techniques from them. Missions similar to those in TP aren't unlikely.

EDIT: This image is from the very beginning of the birdriding demo.

Last edited:
wow that's cool! what footage it is from?

One thing that this whole Knight thing make me hopeful about, is that the sky world be more populated that may have though. I mean, if they have a group of Knights and a school for it, than the sky world must be a more complex and established place, with farms, commerce, a decent population etc. Not just a dozen of survivors living in a decorated rock.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Locke, you got a good eye for detail:yes: So do you think it's kind of weird that these three knights have all the tunics from Ocarina of Time? Do you think it's the same tunics or some kind of rank?

Well Billy Ninja, Eiji Aonuma did say that in Skyward Sword the player will interact more often than Majora's Mask.

Last edited by a moderator:

IHNo

The Other Side
These are what appear to be three graduated "knights" (I doubt that's what they'll be called). Their uniform looks similar to Link's tunic (especially the one on the left) and may be its new origin.

Woah, nice find. I wonder what they've got on their faces? Blue goggles? (Lol).

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
the kokiri didnt exactly copy it they just live in a forest so my theory is that since they're entire life is devoted to a tree so they
just took on a green wardrobe but thats just my theory. happy to hear more!

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Well it is appropriate to wear goggles when you are flying in the sky. But man it will be so cool if Link have goggles. tumblr_l4hbinL9tY1qzykafo1_500.jpg

There are what appear to be three graduated "knights" (I doubt that's what they'll be called). Their uniform looks similar to Link's tunic (especially the one on the left) and may be its new origin. Now we just need to find out why the Kokiri copied it.

Well, I think Link must of graduated (thats why he wears the green tunic) And maybe the kokiri or the great duku tree were saved by him in some way so they took on the fashion to show there thanks. And I think thats why there is a red bird on the back of the hylain shield, because he came riding down on a red bird and saved them. They wanted there warriors to be just like him, they gave the shield that design out of respect of the man that saved there lives and world. IDK, this is just a theory of course! :-)

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Hyrulian, thats good theory but I don't think that Link's bird is going to ride down the land below the clouds and I don't think that kokiri or the great deku tree made the Hylian Shield

Hyrulian, thats good theory but I don't think that Link's bird is going to ride down the land below the clouds and I don't think that kokiri or the great deku tree made the Hylian Shield

I didn't say that the great deku tree or the kokiri made the hylain shield, I just said that could be why they where green tunics, that's the way it was in TWW, the whole wearing green of fields thing.

And the bird is special, maybe the bird flys down at some point in the game, maybe a important story point happens and the reason why the birds don't fly down there is out of fear, and the bird knows somethings wrong and flys down to save you, (probably not, as that is VERY specific, but it would be awesome if I were right on a thing like that! XD) or something link that. I'm just thinking this 'cause this leads to OOT, and this game is supposed to explain a lot, it would makes since if they had something that explained this sort of thing.

BigBig

Who needs a shield?
Wait, but I don't think there will even be "knight missions" judging from the interview. I expect the knight school could be a place to learn new skills as people have said before, but tons of side quests that are coming from the same place seems un-zelda like, or maybe I'm just too new to the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom