• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Knight Missions

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I will start by saying that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword's producer Eiji Aonuma was in a interview with Nintendo Power. What they was talking about was none other than Skyward Sword, and the story about Skyward Sword. Now I find this interesting because in the interview, Eiji Aonuma gave out some key points of how the story, and the gameplay are going to play out. Now this is a list of what he has said:
-the story is centered on the creation of the Master Sword
- Link sort-of forges it along the way
- Link and Zelda are great childhood friends in Skyloft
- Link must hunt down Zelda to save her from the land below Skyloft, which one [sic] one has visited before
- Zelda is in no way a princess in the traditional sense
- Zelda is both sweet but has another strong side to her
- Link will use Zelda’s harp to find something important
- playing the harp involves strums and the MotionPlus, and is based on the rhythm of strumming
- quite a few fully orchestrated songs, but not all
- the design choice with Lord Ghirahim was to make a villain opposite the style of Ganon
- there most likely is not a relationship between Ghirahim and Vaati
- Skyward Sword comes before Ocarina of Time
- the Triforce sort of takes on a different meaning and plays a different role in the story
- Ganon will not appear in the game
- the guys at the bird race are part of a knight academy that Link is a part of
- these knights oversee the school, and [the people are] also his classmates
- there’s also a vast world above the clouds as well–little islands floating in the sky all over the place
- these places feature events and scenarios that play out
- the bird is used for travel and racing.
Wow, now that's a lot of good information about the game, but what I thought was the most interesting thing that Aonuma said about the game was the Knight Academy.
I believe that the Knight Academy is very interesting because you can just think of the possibilities of how that will work out in the game. Okay, now just imagine that Link can learn his sword techniques from someone in the Academy, probably one of his instructors. Now also imagine that Link gets to do Knight missions in the game. What's cool about this is that Link can do missions from gathering information, delivering important things to saving people and exterminating enemies. I would like it if the missions was mandatory to the game, that you would have to complete your current mission in order to move on to the next mission or storyline.
I think this is a good idea to add a Knight Academy on Eiji Aonuma part.:right: So what do you think about the Knight Academy? Do you think its a good idea, or do you think its a bad idea. Do you think it will be one of the most important places to go in Skyward Sword, or do you think it will be a ordinary place? Please comment and let me know what you guys think of this?

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah, when I read about this I also thought the Knight Academy seemed very interesting. That might be a place you visit numerous times throughout the game to learn new sword skills, or to get certain information, but I still have this feeling that Link's "mates" won't all be very friendly. I get this feeling that the Knight Academy will be sort of a mix between the Hero's Shade, the "Group" and the School of Joy.

The Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess taught Link several Hidden Skills throughout the game, that is why I see similarities between him and this Knight Academy.

The "Group", also from Twilight Princess, was the small group who Telma so kindly let into her bar in Castle Town. I think they resemble the Knight Academy because they help Link out in the game and do all seem very adventurous (like knights).

The School of Joy in The Wind Waker also has a minor resemblance to the Knight Academy in my opinion. It's a school with students, not always very friendly students. But this feeling I have about some of the students in Skyloft not being friendly might be wrong, I really don't know.

But after I had read through that article at Zelda Dungeon my hype for Skyward Sword grew even stronger! Man, I'm looking forward to that game so much!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Maby the missions to get heart pices or extra rupies but not manditory at least after the frist one.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I understand of what you are saying musicfan, but just think of the mission objectives and what you can accomplish by doing them. Just think like what if Link have to gather information in order to move on to the next dungeon or the next whereabouts of Zelda's location. There can be a lot of possibilities to these
missions. Like for example, have ever played Wind Waker when you have to sneak on Tetra's ship to get some bombs so that you can sail to Outset Island and blow up the rock door to see Jabun and get the Nayru's Pearl, but before you do all of that you have to sneak into the secret entrance of the Bomb shop in order to get the password from one of the pirates to go in side. Another example will be Majora's Mask, when you have to go to the Great Bay but you cant because there a big gate blocking your way, but in order to get pass the gate, you would need Epona. In order to get Epona you would have to go to the Romani Ranch and talk to Romani and accept her mission. All I'm saying it can work out.

Thanks for your insight, Myriadviper42.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that the knight school will play a bigger part of the story then just providing side missions. i believe that the red dude from the trailer is the school manager and zelda's father.
it will also be a place for side quests but a key part of the story.

IHNo

The Other Side
That might be a place you visit numerous times throughout the game to learn new sword skills...

^ This. As soon as I read "Knight Academy," I thought of the Hidden Skills from Twilight Princess. While I highly doubt that we'll be seeing the actual, still-alive Hero's Shade (or whatever that guys name was) in this game, I do believe that there's a likely chance that SS Link will be taught new sword moves (such as the finishing blow) by his teacher(s). It'd explain why players were able to perform the finishing blow while in the Sky Temple demo - perhaps Link was taught that one move before he found himself heading to the world below, and as he continually returns to visit Skyloft, he will learn more. I certainly hope this is the case because the Hidden Skills from TP made the combat seem a lot more in-depth (even though it was still the "tap B repeatedly" formula).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
But this feeling I have about some of the students in Skyloft not being friendly might be wrong,
You are not wrong, there is going to be a bully character with a thing for zelda in this game. This has been stated. I believe that the redhaired guy in the flight demo is this bully.

I love the idea, but I don't think ALL of them should be mandatory, I like the idea of a lot of them being that way, but maybe there's some of them you don't have to do, but you do 'cause you want a certain item that will help you get heart pieces, or maybe to finish more side quests. That way it might have more of a majoras mask feel to specific missions, but not all missions. :)

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
The "Knight Academy" will probably be the place where you first learn how to use the sword, and basics of the game.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
This idea of "Knight Missions" sounds rather like the bomber's notebook from MM. That being said, we could get a LOT of unique rewards for taking on these missions. As for the night school, it is possible that we'd learn our hidden skills there... but then they wouldn't be hidden. Everyone enrolled would know them. I'd much rather get them by learning from random nomads in the land below that could teach you their own unique skills.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
First off Komali and myself have the same thoughts after reading your Thread. I would also like to see something like the TP Hidden Skills incorporated into SwS but maybe you learn each new skill after you get a certain amount of Heart Containers or when you get to certain points in the game(maybe a mix of both).

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Wow IHNo, thats a very interesting statement you just brought up. Good eye.:yes:

Yeah I think so too, I believe its him too.

Well Hyrulian, you got a point.

Well I think your right, I think that where you do first learn how to use the sword, and the basics.

I got to say thats a good point pupairo12

You know what Hylian Knight, that sounds like a good idea, maybe they should do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom