• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

King of Lonliness (Art)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My first time drawing Ganondorf. Pen on paper, over a sketch.

For you artists out there - have you ever seen or remembered seeing a character in an illustration somewhere and thinking that another character would fit that pose perfectly?

That's what happened to me.

kingganny.jpg

I took his pose from a panel of the "Trigun" manga. The main villain of that series has a similar body-build and I thought dear ol' Dragmire would look good in a pose he was making on one page.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
YES! That happens all the time with me. (I do that same with music too :rolleyes:)
It was Knives right?

You made Gan-Gan look handsome here, lucky him he usually is depicted rather fugly.:D It is a very good pose for him! I like your piece. I get a strong and prideful feel and under that there almost seems to be a sad and vulnerable side to him. The shading and details with the pen look wonderful. Adds a lot of character to it. <3

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
YES! That happens all the time with me. (I do that same with music too :rolleyes:)
It was Knives right?

You made Gan-Gan look handsome here, lucky him he usually is depicted rather fugly.:D It is a very good pose for him! I like your piece. I get a strong and prideful feel and under that there almost seems to be a sad and vulnerable side to him. The shading and details with the pen look wonderful. Adds a lot of character to it. <3

Yep. The pose is taken from the chapter "The King of Loneliness" in Trigun Maximum 7. It's a scene where Knives is asking forgiveness of the Plants for some of the collateral damage in his "kill all humans" war. I remembered that panel and thought that Ganonodorf would look good in that same pose, though I doubt he is that remorseful... but maybe he is? In Wind Waker, at least, he seems to hint at caring a little for his people, so maybe he is seeking some kind of absolution with the Gerudo....

Eh, I just liked the pose.

And I'm fully convinced that Ganonodorf and Knives could switch clothes without trouble. Such a similar build to them both.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
... yeah I don't think he is very remorseful either, Ganonodorf. At the most I figure he'd could have some kind of respect for courage or power. I remember him saying something that could be taken that way to kid link in OOT... I thought in WW he was talking of himself and what he wanted, not of his people... but now that you mention it, all that talk of the wind bringing death... could harbor some sort of empathy for his people... I spent a lot of time thinking of Ganon's mind set, this now adds something else for me to consider! Thanks Shadsie!

They do have the same body build, ha ha!

C

clover

never have that kind of experience, very interesting.

btw, nice drawing:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom