• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Keeping the Wooden Sword

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
today i finally created a file where i don't have the ordon sword but get to keep the wooden sword for the WHOLE game. i have attemped this a few times but didnt have the patience to see it through. now that i have it though i can see that the entire game is going to be funner this time around. why you ask? cause the wooden sword is not as powerful as the ordon sword making every fight link has just a little bit more difficult.

Although on the other hand i forgot to get the ordon shield before completing the glitch and now im not sure if i can ever get the ordon shield. But who cares anyway? once you get the hylian it's all good.

it was neat to eliminate the ordon sword and shield quest though, after all that and the first twilight link gets his fancy new outfit! but i had never seen it without and sword or shield. when i collected the last of the tears of light link pops up with the heroes clothes and nothing else. I'll admit that i liked this alot, running around with no weapons at all gave me a new perspective of link. it's kinda hard to explain.

anyway i ran back to my house after that and opened the chest containing the wooden sword. now i have the WS and no shield. its wierd but in a good way. :triforce:

I wonder if it will burn up like the wooden shield when attacking a fire type enemy? Then you would have no weapon up until the Master Sword. That would be very interesting...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
hahaha wow i never thought of that... im pretty sure it won't because other people have gotten to the end of the game with the WS but i'll have to save before trying that just in case...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
after you get the slingshot don't open the chest in your house. walk to the bridge and there will be a gate in your way to clip the gate taking you to south faron woods do the same thing that the video shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDoBcKH__M

there are a few other ways to do this (ex. rock placement, you can back flip off epona and get the same result) anyway continue across the bridge and call epona when you get to the next fence. Get on epona and jump the fence.

Next talk to the lantern guy and get the lantern, then head through the tunnel cave thing. The wooden stick talo plays with will be there even though you haven't activated that part of the game. continue to the north woods and grab the key to the next gate (but don't waste any slingshot bullets! you will need those later) head to the forest temple entrance and talo and the monkey will be locked up even though you left talo back in ordon.

Here comes the fun part. Use the enemies attacks to break open the cage, once they are free its time to take out the trash! hit each enemy with 6-7 some shots from your slingshot and that should kill them this ends the rescue quest and now you don't have to give the sword to talo.

however if you get the ordon sword and then open the chest it replaces the ordon with the wooden sword but if you change swords again it will change back. that's why you have to do the skip ordon sword and shield glitch to have a permanent WS although im not sure of the extent that the WS stays with you if you don't do the next part of the glitch (it could be that when you get the MS and try and switch back to you WS that it will just be the OS again. so thats why you gotta skip the ordon sword with this glitch so that you don't lose it for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waK5gFHwBQ

this guy has the hylian shield early but that's a whole other topic so dont ask.

after doing this (and it does take a lot of tries!) you can get into the twilight without the OS (but its up to you if you want the ordon shield or not), and after freeing the first light spirit go back to your house and finally open the chest.

du-du-Du-DU!!! now you can keep the WS for the whole game!

Hmm, this is very interesting. I guess it would bring a whole different experience, seeing as the Wooden Sword was never designed to be used after the beginning of the game, and it's MUCH weaker than even the Ordon Sword. It would surely make the game much harder than intended, and would give you some nail-biting-in-frustration moments during the few truly challenging parts. One idea that popped instantly into my head was the Cave of Ordeals. I would love to try and fight my way through that entire place armed with nothing but the Wooden Sword. A real challenge right there.

One idea that popped instantly into my head was the Cave of Ordeals. I would love to try and fight my way through that entire place armed with nothing but the Wooden Sword. A real challenge right there.
Wouldn't be too bad until you got to the Knights. Without your shield, they might present a very hard battle.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I just completed the 1st king Bulblin fight and it was sooo epic. i mean riding around on hyrule field trying to take care of the boss and all his little baddies is all good but when you have to spend a bit more time there and really duke it out. man that was fun.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
Wow, that Does seem fun. I did fight with only my wooden sword for awhile before getting the Next sword. I could Picture the Bulbins saying, "WTFLOLWUT Why is he using a wooden sword?"

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
That looks great, I think it would be fun to do a three heart run with the wooden sword. Maybe some of the bosses would actually seem like a threat. Next time I play TP I might try this, it looks fun. :P

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
yaa i havent gotten any of the heart containers or heart pieces in my new file yet because i wasnt sure if i wanted to attempt the 3 heart run this time around. although i just remembered today that i cant do another glitch i wanted for this file because i didnt set it up right at the beginning of the game... grrr.

now im thinking i might have to erase and start over again, and this wooden sword glitch took me a while being the first time i did it. im so bummed about this starting over again because i've recked three new files now and i dont want to do it again.

ive put down tp for a while, but just until i can work up the courage to start my journey afresh.

yaa i havent gotten any of the heart containers or heart pieces in my new file yet because i wasnt sure if i wanted to attempt the 3 heart run this time around. although i just remembered today that i cant do another glitch i wanted for this file because i didnt set it up right at the beginning of the game... grrr.

now im thinking i might have to erase and start over again, and this wooden sword glitch took me a while being the first time i did it. im so bummed about this starting over again because i've recked three new files now and i dont want to do it again.

ive put down tp for a while, but just until i can work up the courage to start my journey afresh.
You could always replay the game regularly! But maybe I'm just no fun. :P

I don't think I have "put down" TP since I've owned it. In fact, it's sitting in my Wii right now. I'm on my 3rd play through of the game right now and I am about 75% complete.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
im currently in the goron mines and no the wooden sword doesnt burn. wierd because i thought that just like the wooden shield it might be able to burn up and be lost for the rest of the game, but i guess not.

and im sure i could play the game regularly seethe but at this point it would hold no challenge for me. Upon rebuying TP because my other copy is being held hostage, i discovered that there where many things i didnt know about the game even though i had already beaten it 2 or 3 times. now i dont think i can ever go back to playing it normally.

I mean i still gotta do my first 3 heart run for the game, complete a file with this wooden sword i got, and generally mess with the game as much as i can.

You know, I'll probably try it eventually. I've never done it with any Zelda game, but I really should try and make things harder for myself. Might be even more fun than the regular games themselves .

Kazumi

chagy
I believe that I will try this this weekend when I have some time. Because.. Yeah. I don't have time now. This gives me a perfect opportunity to play through Twilight Princess again, which I have been meaning to do...

I haven't watched to video to find out how to do it, but my fairly moronic not so smart friend managed to do it, so it can't be to hard. Of course, this will make TP a whole lot harder then it usually is, which hopefully will make it more fun.. One question. Do you have to get the Master Sword? And if you do, can you still use the Wooden Sword from that point on?

Don't tell me I'll have to do a "skip the Master Sword" glitch.. Ah whatever. I will still try it and hopefully report on my progress and how fun it is. Good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom