• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kakariko Village?

Favorite version of Kakariko?

• OoT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm going with OoT Kakariko village. I didn't like how skinny and narrow TP Kakariko village felt, and i don't really like the whole old and run down theme.

HOWEVER!

You forgot the best Kakariko Village. The A Link to the Past KAKARIKO VILLAGE

While I think Ocarina of Times Kakariko Village is superior I enjoyed Twilight Princess more. I felt Twilight Princess was very happy while Ocarina of Time was very depressing.

Tp'S kakariko village made me sad. I didn't like how it was boringly realistic while in oot kakariko village is lively and full of things to do (the graveyard, the well, the windmill, the cuccoos and everything) I loved twilight princess but one of the apects that bugged was that the environnements had less warmth, they were dark, realistic and beautiful but it all felt pretty cold and empty wich was sad.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
TP's Kakariko looked like it was on the verge of being a ghost town, while OoT's Kakariko looked more populated and lively despite the disturbingly large graveyard behind it. I voted OoT Kakariko. The music was blah, but there was plenty to do that made up for it. And the windmill had (in my opinion) one of the best pieces of music in the game.

In TP it felt so... deserted. =( Also, I still love the music from Kakariko village from OoT.

And Kakariko may be derived from cocorico what in some languages indeed mean the sound of a crow (or a rooster I believe).
But since it's written in the Japanese way as Kakariko, I simply pronounce it in the Japanese way. (What isn't too hard since I study Japanese.)

I actually quite liked the Kakariko Village in Twilight Princess, which is strange for me to say because Twilight Princess is certainly not my favorite game at all. However, there wasn't anything that i really considered memorable about Kakariko in Ocarina of Time, aside from the crazy chicken lady.. Whereas in Twilight Princess, there were very many memorable things. The graveyard was much better designed, i loved the area with the water, the building deisgns were much more structured and interesting. Overall, it was just much more memorable and i personally liked it better.

I definitely believe that Kakariko Village in Ocarina of Time is superior to its Twilight Princes counterpart. Unlike you, I believe the latter version of the village was dull and listless, Dragoncat. Kakariko Village from OoT is in fact my favorite village in franchise history which is a rather large honor. No village has such amazing sights or sounds.

The architecture is very well designed from the watch tower with the incredibly long ladder to the windmill which houses Guru Guru and the Song of Storms to the House of Skulltula.

Another aspect of Kakariko that appeals to me is just how much it changes in seven years. It goes from a peace loving place with carpenters strolling around and a girl with a chickenpox addiction collecting breeding cuccos to a place of death, despair, and devastation with literally no life anywhere. The moment of eeriness is perfectly captured when Bongo Bongo attacks after Link's meeting in the village with Sheik.

0031_1.jpg

0036_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom