• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kaepora Gaebora in Termina?

Alright so i know the characters have counterparts and all that, but Kaepora Gaebora (apologies if i spelled that wrong) seems to be the exact same character, he does the same thing (basically just give link little hints) and his music is the same, etc. Is this the same annoying owl as in Hyrule? Did he follow link on his journey through the woods, into Termina? Has anyone ever thought of this before?

Djinn

and Tonic
Not all the counterparts are completely different. Koume and Kotake are a special case but other individuals like the postman, Biggoron, and the Professor are virtually the same people. It could be possible that there are some perfectly identical Terminian counterparts to Hyrule characters.

Although MM did show us that some of the more exceptional and mysterious characters have the ability to travel between Hyrule and Termina. Such as the Happy Mask Salesman and Skull Kid. Kaepora Gaebora is another strange individual with a lot of knowledge of the world. Who will occasionally help out Link by teaching him things like the Song of soaring and then disappear. The fact that the song he teaches you send Link to an Owl Statue lead me to believe that there is some kind of connection between between the two. As ancient Owl Statues are very common in Hyrule. And they typically have some sort of magical purpose in the story.

MM_OwlStatueClosed.png

Looks a lot like Kaepora Gabora, he even mentions it in the game as his.
Hoo-Hoot! We meet again, fairy child! Have my stone statues been of help?" — Kaepora Gaebora

Owl Statues in Link's Awakening give Link helpful information in what to do, where to go, etc. While the Owl Statues in TP can be moved by use of the Dominion Rod and contain the Ancient Sky Characters for Shad's quest. There has to be some kind of connection with an owl that gives Link information in one game, to an owl statue that gives Link info in another. To An owl statue said to be made in Kaepora's likeness that work with the song of soaring, to owl statues that are important to the ancient sky characters and the City in the Sky.

There is also the possibility that the owl from Link's Awakening is Kaepora Gaebora in another form helping Link again.

L

Link305

I was thinking the same question three days ago o_O.

But yeah, the Kaepora Gaebora of OoT, is SOOOOOOO annoying ...

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I hate that Owl.....PERIOD. But he wasnt too bad in MM....in OoT, he would just stop me when I was doin somethin important and Id be like "LEAVE ME ALONE BEFORE I SHANK YOU WITH MY KOKIRI SWORD!"

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Kaepora Gaebora and Navi were both annoying at times, but also pretty helpful...and yeah just like Djinn said, maybe the owl can go between the lands like skullkid or even Link...notice how the gossip stones are in both Hyrule and Termina? And the mask of truth works the same way? This shows you that although most of the characters have been swithced around, not all have been changed from their original Hyrule standing.

F

fartacus

I liked kaepora gaebora. Eventually, after playing the game a few times he becomes annoying, but he is a big help for first timers and idiots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom